Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i ust thinking about this!!

.. looks cool to do that! hit and hit on different placed and gohan manover the attacks!

and anoter idea, i whas thinking, if you have turbo on, you should see a thing follow you when flying! i dont know how to explain, but when you fly away! you see something gold behind you thats dissapear! just like dmz! when you fly away whit turbo, you see something follow you,

Best answers
Haha u know what looked cool?
When i moved my mouse it made the movie run quicker...it was so fast at the end with the arrow shooting back and forth across the screen it was just a blur.
But yeah thatd be cool but how could u do it?
Perhaps make a button like melle dodge if they improve the melle to combos, that when pressed and ur stronger than the person ur character will just dodge and what would bet the benefits of this?
Well make the counter melle attacks stronger and much quicker so theres no way to get a block in for the other guy, cause sometimes im playing with 600 ping and someone melles me and i block it and then with perfect timing press right click, and it does nothing so i start clicking it again and again and eventually hell melle but by that time the other guys already blocking and he counters and i get hurt which is not fun...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
and anoter idea, i whas thinking, if you have turbo on, you should see a thing follow you when flying! i dont know how to explain, but when you fly away! you see something gold behind you thats dissapear! just like dmz! when you fly away whit turbo, you see something follow you,

this idea then? and look at the picture you see something follwoing him! a red thingy! dont know how to explain!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yeah,, thats what i mean ;)

Best answers
2 words Melee Struggles.

And The Dodging Part,I Don't Think U Will Be ABle To Dodge But I Know U Will Be Able To Fight Extremely Fast in a melee struggle.:]

Scruffie

S
The Ki trails suck.

What, do you just want this to be DMZ?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Originally posted by Scruffie
The Ki trails suck.

What, do you just want this to be DMZ?
lol, no, but i like that ki trail! you have that in series to! when using turbo and fly!!

Best answers
This could be a great idea if your in a melee struggle. If two people hit each other with a melee at the same time there could be a fight like that. This is how I think it should work. In the melee struggle you'll always be right in front of each other. To attack you must hold a direction botten and press left click or right click. Left click could be punch and right click could be kick.

So you want to punch with your left hand press A and press left click. Want to kick with your right foot, press D and right click.
Pressing S then attacking would just be for defending.

If you don't press left or right click, you'll just dodge when you press W,A,S,D.

Pressing S which is back would make you go back. Only way to hit you when your moving back is if the attacker presses W and attacks.

Every attack you do drains a bit of ki. It'll drain more ki if you miss. If you miss 3 in a row, there will be slight pause in which you can't attack which gives the person that was dodging a great opportunity to attack.

Or you can both attack each other at the same time which will be a lot more intense. But it's better to dodge 3 attacks then counter can combo him.

I still don't know what the difference of kicking or punching would be. They could make it kicking is stronger but a bit slower and punching a bit faster but weaker.

The only way you can end a melee struggle is if you zanzoken out, or one is defeated, or someone interferes.

Just an idea.

Best answers
That melee struggle is the best idea I've ever heard! It might be nearly impossible to impliment, but you really should make a new thread for that. It would rule left and right clicking like mad to win a ms. It is a lot better than just the person with the higher pl winning!

Best answers
Originally posted by Bejito
That melee struggle is the best idea I've ever heard! It might be nearly impossible to impliment, but you really should make a new thread for that. It would rule left and right clicking like mad to win a ms. It is a lot better than just the person with the higher pl winning!
Dont worry mellee strugles will be added eventually, and why would it be nearly imposible...

Just code it so that who ever taps right then left click the fastest wins... Though i dont think it should be just dependent on who clicks faster, it should also greatly depend on the pl of the people...

Personally i think mellee strulges should work just the same as block and pwr strulges, but you should have a special stamina bar instead of draining your ki..

Best answers
since talking about the ki trail, i think it could be cool to when u are standing on ground, when dbz chars are about to fly they would turn on "turbo" and launch off jumpin with the ki trail behind them, no clue on how to do that. mayb make that if ur tryin to melee when standing on ground. jus a thought:)

Best answers
No you shouldnt be able to get out of it by teleporting, if someone presses teleport they should both teleport but keep fighting unless one fighter is stunned at the time.
so if ur weaker and getting whopped ull be pressing buttons like crazy and if u happen to connect a few good kicks theyll be stunned and u can escape and perhaps shoot some ki balls.
Also dodge should just be one button that takes stamina but allows u to recharge ki and also leaves them open to a quick flurry of punches.
Also the pls should determine how fast ur in this melle struggle like someone with 50million fighting someone with 1 million would be able to dodge almost forever and their punches would hurt more and also they would be quick enough to kick rather than punch everynow and again which would hurt a lot more and leave the opponent stunned (cause the kick was so powerful) and then there should be some special options open at this point, u could either teleport away(escape) or because ur stronger u could just slam them into the ground with a double axe head(that thing with both arms) where u could have time to charge up a bigger beam and fire it at them or just continue the melle assault.
But to stun them should be very hard.
Well thats my take on it, but definately one button to dodge it just uses stamina like crazy (depending on ur pl) and ur speed and strength in melle should be determined by pl.
that would be the way to go i think...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
for melee struggle it would be pretty cool if when the two chracters collided they would automatically start punching and kicking each other while the fight would be decided in ps form.

if its not great then just flame on me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus, your idea is the only good one about the melee struggling that is in this thread.

The rest of it is so complicated...it would be such a handicap to the game.

Do you people want broken mice across the board? Computer keys aren't built to be repeatedly smashed on...or pressed in button combinations...and honestly, that system was so frigging complicated...do think anyone would want to learn that?

There are three requirements for GAMEPLAY DESIGN:

1.) Has to be intuitive (for instance, "let's make the left arrow key go backwards" is a bad idea obviously. Since controls can be customized this isn't as much of a problem, but there are still some retarded things to deal with...for instance, DMZ's controls are not intuitive at all...the fact that blocking is a toggle and not a dynamic function is bad design...so is making a five button combination to do a certain move, in an engine that does not like button combinations very much--if you cahnge your key layout most of the DMZ moves don't even work anymore).

2.) Has to be sensible for gameplay purposes (don't make unnecessary stuff...there's no need to have individual control over punches and kicks and left and right side attacks in a melee struggle, for instance...no one is going to ENJOY being in a struggle like that, it's way too complicated....I'm a veteran gamer and I reviewer and designer, and I can tell you right now that you'd have people doing two things: first, they be just repeatedly doing a certain move int he struggle like left handed punching over and over...just cause they can do it faster, and win that way. Second, you'd have people just plain teleporting out of them...cause they'd suck...there's no way if you had to control them that much that anyone could do it well enough for it to be interesting, and even then...if someone did do it well, it wouldn't be as fast as the show and everyone would ***** anyway).

and finally, 3.) Controls have to be responsive (can you imagine the chugging lag that would happen if you had these struggle suggestions implemented? The server would be FLOODED with DOZENS UPON DOZENS of multi-keyed commands to perform several different animations at a very high speed...LAG LAG LAG).

And to conclude on the retarded melee struggling system suggested here, outside of just being flawed by way of it's design, there is also to consider the animation involved. You press left punch, for example. The other guy's supposed to block it, and a series of dozens of moves like that are to be animated together in a hyperspeed string of animations...but if you control it on a punch by punch basis, that won't happen, will it? And it'll look dumb when you punch left and the other guy kicks right and it looks like your hitting each other but nothing's happening really cause it's just a struggle.

Jeeze. Does anyone even THINK before they make suggestions like this?

Oh...and that ki trail in DMZ is almost as ugly as the rest of that game, no offense meant. It'd have to be done differently to keep with ESF's quality graphical content and lack of absurd graphical anomalies.

The ONLY even remotely interesting idea in this whole thread is a combination of the power up trail thing with the boost achieved during swoop...I think that would be nice, and make players who are swooping a little bore noticeable and thus more easy to avoid.

Otherwise, I didn't see anything really salvageable in the thread that could be implemented realistically and have postive gameplay implications.

No offense meant. Thanks for hearing me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom