Solution to explosions

Best answers
Hanging around the forums I hear a lot of complaining about how explosions aren't that great because they get spammed and nukes kill u for no reason. So the other day I had a revelation...while I'm not sure how feasible it is I shall present it anyways.
While I enjoy killing hoardes of people with a 100mil FF I also realize how cheap it can be, so my idea is not to inflict damage from the blast radius, but...get ready now...to have the blast knock people back. The knocking back effect would in itself hold a bit of damage, but the real power comes from sending people flying into things. Think about it, beams would be converted to piercing damage, where if you hit someone with the beam they take the damage, but the blast radius doesnt purify people as it does now, it inflicts a small amount of damage and sends the person flying away in the opposite direction of the explosion. When i say send flying I mean twice the speed of a melee hit. Causing massive damage from walls,ground,skybox, etc. and the effect of sending someone flying isn't reversable such as it is with melee. This would compensate for the lack of walls and obstacles in some maps. This probably would entail a lot of coding (I have no clue about coding) and would be considered for later release...gimme some feedback

@pu

Best answers
No that would be just moving the problem since you wont die by the explosion but by being sent into the nearest wall with 6000 MPH

Best answers
Well im not saying that you get pureed by the impact, maybe from a 200mil upwards FF you would die but then again at those levels everything is rediculous, im saying a 20mil K-wave will do about half total hp damage to someone of similar PL...someone with like 5mil? Death...but how often do u stay at 5mil when someone has 20mil?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still say my blast suggestion would be better.
In DBZ. As we all know. Blasts dont cause a nuclear reaction untill
it acctually hits the ground or anything real solid. But when it comes
to direct hits it never explodes it passes through the players body
causing a burn effect. It doesn't go through the body but like. on
the side of the body. Of course. Blasts that are really strong and
slim do go through people. But when you think about it. When
someone blocks or gets hit by a beam in dbz it either goes through
their body or around the body.

So it should be like a "Wave" effect. when it hits you see the
ki blast open up and go past the character hurting it from the inside
and not killing everyone around.

Best answers
yeah I like Proud_Prices idea better. However, when people block, it doesn't always go trough or around, they sometimes reflect it out.

But he does have a point about the blast radius. I could killed 6 who are widely spread with 1 blast. I think the realy damage should be where the head of the beam is. The blast radius should just be minor damage.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well you have to notice what an explosion is all about, explosions sends devastating howckwaves outward, so I think it kind of makes sense to how the mor eki you have, the more you can nuke the map :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom