Soda, a killer ?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People enjoy drinking soda.

Those same people very likely know it is unhealthy.

But they weigh the risks, and feel that their enjoyment from drinking soda, outweighs any sort of potential health risk.

So let the people drink soda.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well these 2 ingredients are required to make benzene, and they are both in soda.

Asorbic Acid(vitamen C) and Benzoate

http://ezinearticles.com/?Soft-Drink-Alert:-Dangers-of-Benzene&id=241825

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mqnm_QGTUkM
Why do you always look for the least credible sources possibly? Even if your argument was credible, you damage it by not doing proper research.

Your site sources nothing except the author's other sourceless articles.

This again boils down to your unsupported suspicion of reputable sources. The FDA has expressly stated that the levels of benzene in soda are below the limit (just like fluoride is below the limit) of safe drinking water.

Disagree with the FDA? (One must question why you disagree), but find a source for it. A real source. Not a blog, not a youtube video.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Does soda cause cancer? Most likely, but so many common things causes cancer these days..

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea here is some more Detailed info for you about Aspartame

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ks-may-seriously-harm-your-health-450593.html

btw today, my mom bought some Crystal Light, guess what ingredient I found? ***Aspartame*** the odd thing is.. I found a little "Cross" next to its' name. Like.. the holy cross? iono does anyone know what it symbolises?
Crystal Light has caused cancer in lab tests on lab mice I believe it was. There is no evidence that it causes cancer in humans (Keep in mind that the lab mice were drinking insane amounts of Crystal Light per day.)

Aspartame came out roughly what, 16 years ago? So we don't really know long term health benefits on humans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, honestly, and if it weren't for such human nature, like feelings of annoyance, and anger, or shame, I wouldn't bother, but you're getting on people's nerves. Chances are you'll ignore this, because you're at a stage where you think you're right about everything- your mind is changing, and growing by the day. You've just hit what most people like to call just another "stage" in human development. Instead of doing enough thinking for yourself, and in the right areas, you're going off-track and focusing on a bunch of medical finding that may or may not be accurate, involving things that really should not be relevant to you and your life--pulling reference (articles, studies, etc.) from the net, and trying to gain an applause for re-proving medical findings(and tossing in a bunch of opinions that obviously were forced through a premature thought process), in which the studies of have turned up true from theory & study, and false from theory & study, and everything around, as well. Am I wrong? Why are you so intent on showing this to us? Aim your mind in another direction, because sooner or later, and whether or not you have enough negative qualities in you, you're going to look back and most likely put yourself down for this senseless rampage you've begun on the notion your mind's reached an unknown level, when in reality it's just natural, human growth. And it is nature's course for you to realize that at some point. You're not quite there yet, Jinx. But in the meantime, use this energy you seem to be focusing so much on crap that shouldn't be important to you, and use it elsewhere. Get inspired again to make another video, up it- contact your professional editors, go use this positive energy in a manner that will benefit you. You're wasting your time with this stuff you seem to be throwing so much mind, heart and soul in to.

You read things, studies, questions we, and scientists have all asked--"Can Soda kill you?", "Is everything you read in the Bible bull****?", "What began life?"...while some of it is answered & proven, other questions can be relieved with bits of common sense here and there.

Hell, it's nice you're reading and learning, but if I am to offer you some advice, it's don't get caught up on it for long. (If you dwell on something, try making it not about what you have been).

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Disagree with the FDA? (One must question why you disagree), but find a source for it. A real source. Not a blog, not a youtube video.
I have worked with the FDA in a past job. I will say this about them:

They are not infallible, but there are limits to how much can be bought and sold to the FDA. If your product is dangerous, and you want them to look the other way, no FDA official on earth will accept your bribe for his cushy job. If your product has a one in 1000 chance of horribly disfiguring a specific genetic profile with a 1% chance, then you can wine and dine their heads the other way. The art of getting the FDA to not notice is impressive, I will say that. But I wholeheartedly disagree with them allowing blatant poisons and toxins into our food and drugs. They still have policy makers to answer to. And those policy makers are still elected: It would be bad to piss off the public and have the media catch hold of it on any election year.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

They are not infallible, but there are limits to how much can be bought and sold to the FDA. If your product is dangerous, and you want them to look the other way, no FDA official on earth will accept your bribe for his cushy job. If your product has a one in 1000 chance of horribly disfiguring a specific genetic profile with a 1% chance, then you can wine and dine their heads the other way. The art of getting the FDA to not notice is impressive, I will say that. But I wholeheartedly disagree with them allowing blatant poisons and toxins into our food and drugs. They still have policy makers to answer to. And those policy makers are still elected: It would be bad to piss off the public and have the media catch hold of it on any election year.
I'm not saying they or any specific source is infallible. But generally, they're a trusted source. If he wants to ignore their findings, he needs to find an equally credible source--a peer reviewed, scientifically reputable source. Not a youtube video or a blog post.

Jinx--you damage your own arguments by using those kind of irreputable sources. Nobody is preventing you from making an argument. But back it up with actual information--not "poisonmongering" or "conspiracy theory" websites.

Think about it this way. If you want people to consider that soda may be dangerous for you, which is the better way to phrase it?

Soda KILLS, causes cancer and how the FDA lies to you!

Soda may be worse for you than previously thought! Read more!

There are two factors that make people reject your arguments, Jinx.

1) The sources you use. Youtube and blog posts are not sources. You would horribly fail any basic English class that grades research papers.
2) The sources you reject. Reputable sources are reputable for a reason. Because their opinions are trusted--they've earned it.
3) The way you phrase your threads and arguments. "The FDA is lying to you!" "Fluoride is a POISON and the CDC, FDA and Crest are conspiring against you!"

Best answers
I suppose you just ignored what the scientist said about how it had to be "activated"? -_-
Agreed.;(

But since I dont wanna go through all that cancer **** again.

I think il have a coke zero.

=p

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying they or any specific source is infallible. But generally, they're a trusted source. If he wants to ignore their findings, he needs to find an equally credible source--a peer reviewed, scientifically reputable source. Not a youtube video or a blog post.

Jinx--you damage your own arguments by using those kind of irreputable sources. Nobody is preventing you from making an argument. But back it up with actual information--not "poisonmongering" or "conspiracy theory" websites.

Think about it this way. If you want people to consider that soda may be dangerous for you, which is the better way to phrase it?

Soda KILLS, causes cancer and how the FDA lies to you!

Soda may be worse for you than previously thought! Read more!

There are two factors that make people reject your arguments, Jinx.

1) The sources you use. Youtube and blog posts are not sources. You would horribly fail any basic English class that grades research papers.
2) The sources you reject. Reputable sources are reputable for a reason. Because their opinions are trusted--they've earned it.
3) The way you phrase your threads and arguments. "The FDA is lying to you!" "Fluoride is a POISON and the CDC, FDA and Crest are conspiring against you!"
I wasn't out to disprove you per se, instead, see my post as a way of saying the truth is for sale, but blatant lies aren't on the shelf purchases.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why can't we just live our lives we want to live? I don't believe what Jinx is saying to be 100% true. Sure soda is bad for you if you drink like 50 every day (yes I am being sarcastic with that number), but if you have one once in a while I don't think it's going to kill you. I just wanna know why Jinx always posts this type of stuff? I mean obviously no one cares for your beliefs that much, so I don't know why you keep bringing up these outrageous topics about soda and jesus and whatnot. Just be happy with your life, stop trying to prove something or figure out why we're on Earth. All this stuff about the government controlling our minds and stuff is saddening and emo-ish, so please just stop.

2cents added.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Jinx, honestly, and if it weren't for such human nature, like feelings of annoyance, and anger, or shame, I wouldn't bother, but you're getting on people's nerves. Chances are you'll ignore this, because you're at a stage where you think you're right about everything- your mind is changing, and growing by the day. You've just hit what most people like to call just another "stage" in human development. Instead of doing enough thinking for yourself, and in the right areas, you're going off-track and focusing on a bunch of medical finding that may or may not be accurate, involving things that really should not be relevant to you and your life--pulling reference (articles, studies, etc.) from the net, and trying to gain an applause for re-proving medical findings(and tossing in a bunch of opinions that obviously were forced through a premature thought process), in which the studies of have turned up true from theory & study, and false from theory & study, and everything around, as well. Am I wrong? Why are you so intent on showing this to us? Aim your mind in another direction, because sooner or later, and whether or not you have enough negative qualities in you, you're going to look back and most likely put yourself down for this senseless rampage you've begun on the notion your mind's reached an unknown level, when in reality it's just natural, human growth. And it is nature's course for you to realize that at some point. You're not quite there yet, Jinx. But in the meantime, use this energy you seem to be focusing so much on crap that shouldn't be important to you, and use it elsewhere. Get inspired again to make another video, up it- contact your professional editors, go use this positive energy in a manner that will benefit you. You're wasting your time with this stuff you seem to be throwing so much mind, heart and soul in to.

You read things, studies, questions we, and scientists have all asked--"Can Soda kill you?", "Is everything you read in the Bible bull****?", "What began life?"...while some of it is answered & proven, other questions can be relieved with bits of common sense here and there.

Hell, it's nice you're reading and learning, but if I am to offer you some advice, it's don't get caught up on it for long. (If you dwell on something, try making it not about what you have been).

Welp, glad you got that out of your system.. but you've completely missed the mark.

to stay on topic.. I'll just say it doesn't make sense to me.. to use 2 ingredients that are required to create a cancerous carcinogen, and a poisen ontop of that they add a poisen? Cancer numbers have been rising, i've been off of soda for a LONG time. Maybe some people will join me in not risking their own health for the sake of a flavor. There are plenty, PLENTY of delicious drinks that can be made that would be far better then soda.

as for the FDA... they aren't so crucial when it comes to people's health IMO.. Just look @ the American people, how foods area labeled vs how they really are. ect ect ect..

Get Informed:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lLYOn3pHrPY

Edit---

I'de also like to add in that I had a friend send me a song "Eminem: lose yourself " for a vid, and as I was listening to it he actually mentions the NWO(New World Order). "as we move towarda new world orda" - 1:39

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cancer numbers have been rising, i've been off of soda for a LONG time. Maybe some people will join me in not risking their own health for the sake of a flavor. There are plenty, PLENTY of delicious drinks that can be made that would be far better then soda.
Smoking causes cancer and people do that too.

But I don't think people need to see a retarded guy on youtube say that.

People do a **** load of stuff that isn't healthy or good for them but still do it because it's either enjoyable or whatever. Trying to ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAR! against soda is pretty stupid considering the only people you have to fight against are people who just don't care enough to eat healthy. It isn't really a secret truth that shocks people that soda is not healthy so really what? Though I'm pretty sure most people wont be sueded by a terrible youtube video that couldn't even be used as a source in a college paper.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I remember reading not too long ago about a drug that was widely used in Britain but rejected here by the FDA. The Brits couldn't understand why we would reject the drug, afterall they've been using it for years and nothing bad had happened. It turns out that the offspring of people who used the drug had high levels of disabilities and disorders. I'm struggling to remember the name of the drug, but I honestly have no idea.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Smoking does cause cancer, but here's the dif. People know about it.. and people who've started want to quit but find it pretty difficult.

Soda on the other hand, isn't WELL KNOWN as a cancer causing "drink?/Poisen?" and people of all ages drink it without considering it's effects on the body. Especially the kiddy consumers... who are pulled in through attractive advertising?

Look at this.. cola next to fruit? trying to give it a healthy delicious appeal ??
http://www.adclassix.com/images/70cocacola1.jpg

Cigarettes on the other hand can't do this, and relies on the "cool" factor along with peer pressure from others and its "addictiveness" to make their money.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Film/7518/Bond_Eng/With_cigarette_a.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smoking does cause cancer, but here's the dif. People know about it.. and people who've started want to quit but find it pretty difficult.

Soda on the other hand, isn't WELL KNOWN as a cancer causing "drink?/Poisen?" and people of all ages drink it without considering it's effects on the body. Especially the kiddy consumers... who are pulled in through attractive advertising?
Yes because there isn't any person alive who says you shouldn't drink too much soda.. Oh except practically every parent on Earth. It's instilled in our brains that soda is bad and you shouldn't drink too much of it.

I doubt there is a single person on the forums who will tell you they thought soda was good for you.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep. I wasn't allowed to drink Soda when I was a child. It was known that it isn't exactly the best thing one could drink.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Did anyone doubt "how bad" it was? or assumed it must be okay if i seem fine after drinking it for soo long.

edit-- anywho.. i've already put up my point.. check out the info its there if you care to see it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom