Soda, a killer ?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Been drinking soda all of my life, and guess what? I'm perfectly healthy. We're not talking small amounts either, I used to drink roughly 2 liters every day. I love soda.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything is considered unhealthy if you eat it or drink it everyday, then it becomes over excessive.

Too much soda isn't good, especially if you work out or play sports.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hate to deepen jinx's case but he is right, to a degree. diet soda has a lower ammount of ingredients making apartame "somewhat" dangerous. but, it would take a serious ass amount of diet soda to even kinda induce a rogue cell into a cancerous condition. simply put, its very very very very very very very unlikely that you would get cancer from it, but you can. no real cases have presented themselves that havent had a history with cancer.

if you want cancer that badly, go play in the sun for 9 hours. screw sunblock.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Jinx on this one. Soda isn't exactly good for you. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it causes cancer. They found a link between soda and liver disease I believe it was.

@People who say that they've been drinking Soda everyday and their fine: Wow. Think long term. Yes, you've been drinking it everyday for the past 10 years, but these things take time. Specifically, Delta, I sincerely hope you're no longer drinking 2 liters of soda a day. That's insane.

Edit: I'm just throwing this out there - Isn't it against human nature to drink something that is pure black?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything causes cancer if you eat/drink enough of it. You aren't ment to consume pounds and pounds and pounds of sugar every day so if you do then no **** you aren't gonna feel good. It's simple biology.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That reminds me. I believe we once came to the conclusion in another one of these... threads, that everything is bad for you. So why are we still going?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But thats just the thing.. Everything is bad for you.

Spoiler alert. Living has a 100% death rate. Everyone dies eventually just somethings will speed that up and others wont.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lists of things that can kill people that most encounter on a daily basis.
- Cars (119 people in the US alone, per day)
- Stairs. (Over 1000/year according to study by the Department of Trade and Industry in England)
- Bee Stings: 90-100 US deaths per year.
- Choking on food: 200 people in the UK per year.

Moral of the story.

People die every day and lots of stuff can kill you.

Is soda unhealthy? Yes, I don't think anyone would argue otherwise.

Is it a killer? Well, I've never had a can of coke come to life in the middle of the night, and try to suck my blood/stab me/suffocate me in my pillow. In that regard, I'd say you're being a little (read: very) dramatic.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you take water, and put just alittle poisen in it and add some tasty flavor.. would you drink it if it tasted good?

Why drink it when it can be avoided.

Edit:

I know are many things that can cause death, but still are you willing to die because of those "things".

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you take water, and put just alittle poisen in it and add some tasty flavor.. would you drink it if it tasted good?

I'm sorry, I can't seem to find poison on the list of ingredients in a can of pop.

Please define poison.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Edit:

I know are many things that can cause death, but still are you willing to die because of those "things".
Water will kill you too. If you drink too much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Edit:

There can be potential poisons in drinking water, but there at safe doses. You can't be black and white about this. There rarely is anything in the world that is "good for you no matter what".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any thing that is consumable can kill you if you overdose on it, and if you die from drinking soda, you killed yourself.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
True,thats why they say "filtered water" is better/safer. ( Especially when dealing with fluoride in water )

Now, an expert in ageing at Sheffield University, who has been working on sodium benzoate since publishing a research paper in 1999, has decided to speak out about another danger. Professor Peter Piper, a professor of molecular biology and biotechnology, tested the impact of sodium benzoate on living yeast cells in his laboratory. What he found alarmed him: the benzoate was damaging an important area of DNA in the "power station" of cells known as the mitochondria.
He told The Independent on Sunday: "These chemicals have the ability to cause severe damage to DNA in the mitochondria to the point that they totally inactivate it: they knock it out altogether.

"The mitochondria consumes the oxygen to give you energy and if you damage it - as happens in a number if diseased states - then the cell starts to malfunction very seriously. And there is a whole array of diseases that are now being tied to damage to this DNA - Parkinson's and quite a lot of neuro-degenerative diseases, but above all the whole process of ageing."
Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ks-may-seriously-harm-your-health-450593.html

I just want to add in. I found something called "Lean Gourmet" in the freezer, ofc i didn't buy it... but one of the MANY bad ingredients were Sodium Benzoate. So, it appears this stuff isn't "Just in soda".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omfg the soda companies is poisoning the everyones! run for your lifes!!!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*ahem*

Kong, my previous statement applies to dev members as well...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only way I can see soda being potentially dangerous is if you ingest too much at one given time and get (food poisinong?).

Another reason of death is it gets you fat, get higher cholestral, and you die of a heart attack.

Other than that, I drink soda every day. Yes, I'm a little on the heavy side and I'm trying to quit, but hey, it's ****ing delicious.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Try not drinking anything but water for as long as u can.. then if your going to crack.. drink Orange juice.. i bet u wont have much of an urge for soda =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try not drinking anything but water for as long as u can.. then if your going to crack.. drink Orange juice.. i bet u wont have much of an urge for soda =]
Tried it. I've been drinking soda for most of my life, sadly. Once my feet stop hurting and I begin exercising again, I'm going to go off the soda.

It's strange. I think the reason I drink so much soda is because it quenches my thirst, unlike water. When people say stuff like, "Yeah, soda just gets you more thirsty, drink water." That's not the case for me. I'll down a whole bottle or two of water and still be thirsty, but a few sips of mountain dew / orange soda gets me not feeling the dryness in my mouth :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom