Simple Render Thread.

which?

• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
final shine, i like your pikon model. It's a lot better than the other 2.
Still i don't like your skinning style that much. The colours you use are oversaturated. And some parts are skinned with almost no details at all.

Especially buu's body looks horrid. The shading is way too overdefined and not spread out enough. Which makes the shading look like weird dark lines on his body.
Though vegeta's jumpsuit doesn't seem to have this problem. (probably because you used colours that are closer to each other)

Well those are my crits and i'm not trying to be harsh. I don't even think i am.

Still i wouldn't go as far as saying your that much better than me if i were you. Leave that to other people to decide.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
A little old, but I don't think many of you guys have seen it. He is 796 tris with a one 256x256 and one 128x128 for everything in the picture. The character is based off of modeling_man's Dominance War II entry. Hope you like :D.

Best answers
Very impressive eclipse.
Especially for the low polycount.
It's like some kind of pixelmodelling, everything has to be at the right place without wasting space. Awesome

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A little old, but I don't think many of you guys have seen it. He is 796 tris with a one 256x256 and one 128x128 for everything in the picture. The character is based off of modeling_man's Dominance War II entry. Hope you like :D.

very funny eclipse xD i like.:devil::laff:

Best answers
Still i wouldn't go as far as saying your that much better than me if i were you. Leave that to other people to decide.
i vote for final shine, his vegeta, buu and pikon blow away your piccolo trained gohan

That vegeta model looks sick imo

Force Pit Member
Best answers
ernn, thats in the forgotn past not, but thanks anyway ;)
eclipse thats pure genious , i cant belive u did something like that within those standards

Best answers

my first bump map,still have to work on it and make a specular map.
known problems:
-his beard,duke shouldnt have one
-fix his nose
-make his face less noisy

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

I've never seen a model like this before, just wanna say Its awsome and unique.. a perfect gaming / fantasy character

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thanks for all the positive words :D. I got another oldie you all might like, this is Garrus from Mass Effect. Another LOW POLY model. He is 500 Tris and his Omni tool is 146. I went overboard on the omni tool, I could have done it with less and still looked as good if not better, but they gave me 150 tris for his accessories and I needed to get him done :p. Oh and I believe his texture is a 128x128 and the omni tool is 64x64.

you can see a bigger static picture at http://brandonmorris.info./garrus.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember seeing that chameleon one for the contest. You did a great replica clipse. The texture on Garrus looks a bit ****ty, but since it's low poly I'm guessing it's supposed to be like that. Looks like something out of quake 3.

Movento that's a pretty cool model you got going there, can't wait to see it finished.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for all the positive words :D. I got another oldie you all might like, this is Garrus from Mass Effect. Another LOW POLY model. He is 500 Tris and his Omni tool is 146. I went overboard on the omni tool, I could have done it with less and still looked as good if not better, but they gave me 150 tris for his accessories and I needed to get him done :p. Oh and I believe his texture is a 128x128 and the omni tool is 64x64.

you can see a bigger static picture at http://brandonmorris.info./garrus.jpg
Man... not that I'm suprised, but that looks way too hawt for words.
Garrus never looked more awesome in lowpoly. You captured him perfectly and made me wanna play some ME now... :3

Great work Clipse. <3 (sorry for not being around much D: )

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Just glad to hear from you buddy! Get on MSN more please!!!!

Oh and thanks Barney. A 128 is pretty darn small for so much detail, but I probably could have used it better, learn something new with every model, and texture, I am still really new to those :p.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hm just wondering about that texture, did you make it yourself?

or did u dl them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom