Simple Render Thread.

which?

• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
The model is good... But the skin still needs some work... (i know you hate criticism but you must get used to it... :) ) anyway what you could inprove is the face... especialy his eyes... they look very dull... more anger would be nice though :D And the highlightings of the golden parts should be more yellow than white.... but still nice work :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seems like his entire jaw area is a bit too pointy, even for sephiroth.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

i have no idea what im doing btw,

Force Pit Member
Best answers
nuttzi i thik i know what ur doing :p
http://www.smashbros.com/fr/characters/images/samus/samus.jpg
The model is good... But the skin still needs some work... (i know you hate criticism but you must get used to it... :) ) anyway what you could inprove is the face... especialy his eyes... they look very dull... more anger would be nice though :D And the highlightings of the golden parts should be more yellow than white.... but still nice work :)
well , as allways the skin own's me :p, and i dont hate criticism , i hate exagerate criticism :p , if i had better skills i woldv done it better ;),well the eyes kinda needed to be dull cuz afterall, hes a powerfull maniac thats beeing restrained by his father umo :p,and i'l fix the gold ;) and 10X ^^

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love the sephiroth and broly models that worm looks cool and keep up the good work on the mechanoid nuttzy

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah.... Samus. One of my favorite Nintendo characters. Good job so far Nuttzy!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i meant im kinda wingin it, yes its supposed to be samus.

if i finish it i will release it for esf lol, it would be my 3rd samus model for esf =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<3 samus

<3<3 nuttzy

so anyway i made a pose based on my action figure... beware of massive pix

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3024/p2060291id1.jpg

I think your problem isn't the model or the normal maps they seem decent enough. Aside from the face and neck areas, I think your only real problem is what has almost always been your texturing. I find that texturing models with normal maps is in a lot of ways easier because you don't have to create a super great lighting, that's done with the normals and specular maps, but I do think it gets a lot harder when you want to get rid of that plastic look. I find the easiest way to do this is to keep my texture to bare minimums almost no highlights and only soft shadows where there will almost always be shadows eg: underneath folds, under hair etc on top of that a good cloth texture or flesh if your doing flesh will really make normal maps pop.

For leather as I'm assuming his jacket is a leather jacket i think the easiest way to do that is with almost no texture maybe some very subtle shadows and a really intense specular map coupled with the normal map should work nicely.

That's just how I do it and I've had a lot of success doing it that way, Dunno how much it will help you but that's how i roll with normal maps lol.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well considering he had the UT3 engine in mine, the texture is completely perfect.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well considering he had the UT3 engine in mine, the texture is completely perfect.
I'm not talking about engine requirements I'm simply saying a texture improvement coupled with the already in place normal maps would greatly improve his model. I'm sure gir will know exactly what i'm saying.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah cheers Tek, good to see you again!

as always my texturing isn't up to the same standard as my modeling. but we can't be great at everything haha! i'll continue to tweak the maps for sure. i'm just enjoying animating atm.

edit: started this at about 8am, got it to a point where all i need to do is tweak it to get the start and end to loop seamlessly =]

overall i'm pretty happy with the animation. if i do a closeup of the face, he smirks and his eyes move before his head (eyes are the key to facial animation i think...)

anyway, let me know what you think. i've shown how it'll look from 3rd person (gameplay) and if you were to look on him.
http://www.youtube.com/v/E_Qh_JeNSs8
http://www.youtube.com/v/yc-iin0H3R0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom