Simple Render Thread.

which?

• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
@ Ravven : Nice job on the cel shade. I suggest lowering the thickeness and start to work on a detailed cel shade skin if you're going for that style.

@ Tryforce : Nice polyflow, excuse my ignorance but who's the character?

Well at least I'm learning as I work on these little projects, not perfect but :

I'm done with him. Texture not nearly complete but I think I'll leave it like it is and just try and remake
it using the same polycount later to see how more efficient I become and get a more 'rounder' effect

Onward to the next model!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice =) with texture it looks better, still like adam atomic said , more practicise =P

owell its a redesign from Zeldalink:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dynamic` said:
hmmmm if its dark to you, you obvious has your monitor running way to dark because its clearly visible. meshflow can be important to crit but as is the silhouette as it shows how the model looking without focusing too much on the way its built

but i have a suggestion for all of you

you guys should start idling #tissue if you have irc

because you guys obviously have issues
im sorry to say this but...LOL! if you want to show off your model go somewere else this forum is for making 3d models and that includes the way its built the way it is built determens about 90 % of the models looks without texture.
WOOT YOU GUYS I GOT A GREAT SILOUET WOOOOOOT , what you cant see it ? WELL **** YOU IM THE BEST <- your attitude atm i would suggest posting normal renders or screengrabs or dont post anything at all :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I?m sorry to say that Zeldalink but... Dynamic doesnt do anything wrong, a good silouhet is mainly important for any mesh so he doesnt anything wrong.

It?s his decidion to show the wires or not, i sometimes think aswell, i got a better looking sillouhet withouth looking on the wires. Also with showing wires you maybe get the mood down of the likness.
I dont think he does anything wrong.

though yaglo ._. you shouldnt be tha rough....

Best answers

Doing a new Zero model plan to make it 1k Tri. So far it's at 504.

Trying to make the mesh 'rounder' this time as the advice I got. It's not gonna be a perfect duplicate because I have to lessen
detail on the armor but hopefully it'll still be worthwhile. Lots of editing before I continue *crosses fingers*

Best answers
zeldalink said:
im sorry to say this but...LOL! if you want to show off your model go somewere else this forum is for making 3d models and that includes the way its built the way it is built determens about 90 % of the models looks without texture.
WOOT YOU GUYS I GOT A GREAT SILOUET WOOOOOOT , what you cant see it ? WELL **** YOU IM THE BEST <- your attitude atm i would suggest posting normal renders or screengrabs or dont post anything at all :)

you do realize that i didnt only post silhouettes and it was just that people got mad when i didnt post wire shots along with them right or are you just ranting like you think you know what im talking about?

oh and btw if you look at the post right above this the pic posted is basically the same as what i did

will anyone criticize him for that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok guys calm down.

i think what zeldalink was trying to say, is that theres a difference between posting a silhouette, and posting a black model, on a black background.

to be honest dynamic, your not gonna get any positive feedback if you try showcasing your work that way, so unless you want negative feedback, change your image styling, or dont post. thats just an observation.

now, please start being civilised, all of you. or ima crack some skulls.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Dude Tryforce, your model looks awesome, can't wait to see the full skin =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidhalo said:
@ Ravven : Nice job on the cel shade. I suggest lowering the thickeness and start to work on a detailed cel shade skin if you're going for that style.

@ Tryforce : Nice polyflow, excuse my ignorance but who's the character?

Well at least I'm learning as I work on these little projects, not perfect but :

I'm done with him. Texture not nearly complete but I think I'll leave it like it is and just try and remake
it using the same polycount later to see how more efficient I become and get a more 'rounder' effect

Onward to the next model!
He seems kinda blocky, and plus he doesn't look like Naruto.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29, please stop focusing on negative comments. start being constructive, or leave.

its all well and good saying what you think, but that isnt gonna help if you dont explain WHY your thinking it. on top of which, you apparently know jack about this subject, or you would know why it looks blocky. (even basic reading skills would help you with that one).

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
mf29, please stop focusing on negative comments. start being constructive, or leave.

its all well and good saying what you think, but that isnt gonna help if you dont explain WHY your thinking it. on top of which, you apparently know jack about this subject, or you would know why it looks blocky. (even basic reading skills would help you with that one).
i think he's wright... he looks blocky and the reson is that davidhalo trys to make rounder model with less polies... it sounds unlogical... i know that some modelers wastes polies but that model doesnt have enought polies :/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this isnt a debate. when you have to work within a certain limit. you have to keep to it. and i think davidhalo has done a great job of it.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:

OMG !!1@!@!!!11!@!!1!!!!11222!!!!!! *dies*

fwap fwap fwap fwap fwap.

That's the best I've seen in this entire thread. Please do Lars too.

Best answers
Thanks for the defense guys! *sniffle* I'm so loved ;_; .

@mf29 : Sorry if you don't like the blockiness, the reason he doesnt look a lot like Naruto is because of the tri's I had to cut down to make less hair and less of everything really ( doesn't even have a nose lol ) . The skin probably could've been better so that's why I'm stopping and making another one later on.

Onward to more 'Zero' work!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidhalo if ya will show fron and side of zero i might will do a drawover, cuz the legs look freakn wrong >_<

Best answers
The size matches up to the ref I'm using unless your counting for structure which I have to sacrifice somewhat.

Polycounts at 848, guh, getting high up there gotta slash here and there.
Edit : Got it lowered to 800 and model looks the same, gonna keep tweaking.

Update ( Hands and Feet are still WIP ) :

Front / Side :

Wires :

Ref :

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
this isnt a debate. when you have to work within a certain limit. you have to keep to it. and i think davidhalo has done a great job of it.
You and I both know that with a budget of 750 you can get a lot cleaner less blocky look that that, No offense Davidhalo. For instance instead of putting making your legs like this [ ] sorta box shaped you should make them diamond shaped <>. That may not seem like it would make a whole lot of difference, but the difference it will make will be great. Plus, You don't need the complete edge loops ot make something deform. Odd are if it's that low of a poly count then you're not going to see it up close. That being said you can go with two loops or even one full loop with an extra segment in the front. Also you can cut tons of polies from the face not lose a lot if any shape. It's all about what HAS to be modeled on and What can be skinned on.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
ok guys calm down.

i think what zeldalink was trying to say, is that theres a difference between posting a silhouette, and posting a black model, on a black background.

to be honest dynamic, your not gonna get any positive feedback if you try showcasing your work that way, so unless you want negative feedback, change your image styling, or dont post. thats just an observation.

now, please start being civilised, all of you. or ima crack some skulls.

i guess no one understands that i stopped doing it because everyone complained and no one wants to listen because i did post wires and they are the moost up to date shots of my model but whatever im done with this for now

Best answers
@ Teknik : I know I could do better with the polycount, that's why I keep practicing with these limits and take all the crits in, it's all good.

No need to argue anymore of my modelling skills or how good/bad those models are. I know for low poly and even high poly and such I need a lot of work to get the best detail out of my mesh and skin and I'm working hard on those areas. I appreciate any and all comments and I do take them whole heartedly and try my best to make the next model better. Hopefully this Zero model will please low poly lovers more. *Keeps working*

UV For Body - Final Body Polycount - 804 :

Am I getting the rounder effect down for lowpoly ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom