Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My new project, is probably inspired by Appleseed. This guy will have a helmet, and probably more torso detail. Going for realism in this one, one of my first realism models.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably, yes. I was not working with a image backdrop, mainly from drawings that I had in front of me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually, no... just make the legs longer, and wider. and then it will be in perfect proportions; you should bring the knee down to halfway down where his lower leg is at the moment, and then make the lower leg a tad longer.

edit: maybe make the torso a little shorter (instead of lowering the knee, bring the crotch area up. and then shorten the arms so they are back in proportion with the new torso.)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL @ eclipse... you fail at quitting xD

OMG NEKKID PIX!!!

you wish :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lil update, I have to fix the hands and cut some polys....

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
actually, no... just make the legs longer, and wider. and then it will be in perfect proportions; you should bring the knee down to halfway down where his lower leg is at the moment, and then make the lower leg a tad longer.

edit: maybe make the torso a little shorter (instead of lowering the knee, bring the crotch area up. and then shorten the arms so they are back in proportion with the new torso.)
actually yes look at the torso its basically a tube and teh arms/hands are massive not just in length but in girth too.
just look at those fingers they are pretty much sausages

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

can anyone point out whats wrong with the face?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you need to model a nose. and she didnt wear a bra while she grew up =[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES ****ING YES! :D hahaaaaaa clipsy is back in the game ^ ^^
crits on 17 : looks great keep m comming
crits on tappion...hes not a midget make his legs longer haha other then that dead on ;)

Best answers

did a little more but im not working on this much

on the bright side tho it looks like im going to finish it!

probably going to weigh in around 1800 when its done as right now its sitting at about 1530 and i still need to do hands and add a little more detail to the legs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

near 1 hour work. just got to get back somehow, i have searched for loads refs, havnt really payed attention to all mark, so just modeled what i had in my background.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dynamic` said:

did a little more but im not working on this much

on the bright side tho it looks like im going to finish it!

probably going to weigh in around 1800 when its done as right now its sitting at about 1530 and i still need to do hands and add a little more detail to the legs
Why... are you posting a silhouette, in such a DARK background?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ouwee i would love to have fun at skinning =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What can I say... I was bored this morning, so I made a beer bottle. This is, however, not any beer bottle; it is an Alexander Keith's beer bottle, but I have yet to make it a label.

That little guy took 1 hour to render, but I forgot to do a little trick that cuts down the time (render big, despecle in PS, and shrink to size, thus eliminating most of the static). I would have a nice big picture to show off, but the renderer decided to try and render into "...Maxwell\Output/default.jpg" which, needless to say, didn't work. Of course it didn't tell me anything about it not working and happily rendered away to a file that didn't exist before promtly crashing upon it's completion 4 hours later. When I got back from work, all I had was an error dialog covering half of the visible part of the rendering, which closed the application when I clicked "ok". So, the file that it was supposed to render to is somewhat lacking in existence, and the picture of the rendering shown as it renders, which I could have copied into PS as a backup, was also lost. Also, the computer didn't hibernate as I told it to, so in addition to losing an evening of rendering, I also wasted power. I wish I kept a small mammal as a pet right now, so I could sacrifice it in some sort of blood ritual on the neighbor's front step.

Best answers
@ Axman : Very nice work Axman that looks fantastic! The orange dock can use a bit of work but its definiately not the focus so it looks great!

@ Tryforce : Is that Apu model for anything ? If not you could probably cut down the polycount as a challenge to yourself by using the 3-sided method of modelling to throw it down to DS specs.

I engaged Hntrluc into a small competition last night for a few hours to create a 750 poly low character model. I did the Teenage Naruto and although Hntrluc beat the crap out of me with his amazing Teenage Shino I learned quite a bit from the experience.

Teenage Naruto - 750 Poly - 3 1/2 Hours
( Model , Uv Unwrap, Texturing...Skin Still In Progress )
Fully animatable, Rig to come afterwards

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm good idea but...i just took him as something to get abit back...

although, you spended alot for deforming and alot on the hands (i mean polys) hunter made a better use in my opinon (maybe because it was such a character) dunno.

axman... ouw god xD gj

frb: now make a box with loads of beer in it.

Best answers
Yeah I definitely have to get better at my poly usage XD. That's why I keep doing these little model comps with random people.

Progress to come later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom