• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's see...Boleteh...Bolteh...Ah! Here we go! Oh yeah! That was you that provided the polyflow suggestion. Yeah, I know that there are a lot of sharp angles, but that's because I've only defined the shape with the polys I started with, I haven't added any new polys yet, so yeah, there's bound to be some sharpness until I can begin putting in detail. I only started out with an 8 sided cyclinder you see...If you're reffering to anything else or more please continue.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...giving some thought on what you've said Bolteh, I've got a real head scratcher here...on one hand I try and keep to "clean" polyflow as opposed to funky pflow, which is what results from my modelling logic...on the other hand, I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to achieve certain landmarks like muscle structures and such while maintaining polyflow...darn...could it be that some of the landmarks I choose to conform to in the beginning are too small a features for early modelling...and if so, which ones do I conform to and which ones do I ignore...well, obviously the pecs are a keeper...the abdominal borders are helpful...but maybe the work on the back and sides is a bit much...could that be part of my problem?

I'm going to try that, starting the model off with large-scale features only, at least at first. I'll keep you posted ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMFG! 3 posts + Nudity =0 !!! WINNAR!

and what concepts should that be? o_O" .... i mean... emmm yes... nway looks kinda unsmooth, wires? =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry about the triple post, mustve been lagging.
anywho, its not nude, there is no nipple and she isnt anatomicly correct :p
So yeah. I feel lazy to start max so ill post wires later.
I have no idea what it will be yet

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa Shade...that girls you-know-what's look more like torpedoes... Otherwise, nice for low-poly. But I'm wondering about the hair, it looks like it's penetrating the skin in places. I like the arms though, very fluid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, decided to try the seemingly impossible and try and wrestle to the ground the medium between polyflow, and form. Neck is WIP...well, it's ALL wip technically, but I just mean I haven't shaped it yet.

I decided to go like I said before for a rough shape before daring to tackle muscle structure. After getting a VERY basic shape, I started using the connect function to make more polys (started out with an eight sided cylinder). I tried to avoid screwing with muscles and tried to mimick the "venom" model and the other humanoid model posted earlier, at least for the chest and back. Unlike the venom model, I have yet to add the depression seen over the spine. I have only slightly tried shaping the buttocks, in case I have need fo changing it. It's a surprisingly difficult shape to pin...

I tried to only conform to major features, and I must say, having done so the model feels much cleaner. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that for once I'm not royally screwing it up.

I'm not sure whether or not there are too many horizontal loops running along the lower abdomen or not. Thankfully that can be fixed with the remove function if needed. I have to say that I like edit-poly leagues above edit-mesh.

I tried applying a smoothing group to the whole object. I've looked things up on it, but none of it gave me much meaning other than it's ability to smooth otherwise hard edges. Well, I could tell that, but I thought it might have a deeper function than that.

But enough chatter, here it is. I hope for once I'm on the right track.

Front

Side

Back

3/4

EDIT: Okay, HERE are the REAL ones...dude, I almost gave myself a heart attack...posted the ones from last time, only caught it after the original post... fixed now :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Something im working on. Started off as a Space Marine model, then i evolved it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the colors remind me on the soldier model of hl2 =P btw whats that clip on the bottom of the skin? =)

anyway keep up bappl!

uhm J-Dude: better then the ones befor but ill give a non harsh crit ^^ to many wasted polys /ey.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:

Something im working on. Started off as a Space Marine model, then i evolved it.

thought it was a marshmellow man or something >_<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel said:
the colors remind me on the soldier model of hl2 =P btw whats that clip on the bottom of the skin? =)

anyway keep up bappl!

uhm J-Dude: better then the ones befor but ill give a non harsh crit ^^ to many wasted polys /ey.
Gotcha. I'll start by testing the optimize modifier and see what it takes out. I'll act accordingly and look for more unnecessary polys. Oh, and thnx :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was in poland for 3 weeks - the reason why I haven't shown no updates on my model so far. Then I reinstalled windows and forgot to backup my max files >.<

So I'll star a new model from scratch when I have some time^^

Best answers
Oh man, J-dude it's complete crap!! Do U even know human anatomy ?? How do chest muscle look ?? This just look crapy! And you said that you followed gir's tut ??!! I don't think so... Man go through this course and then post something worth watching!! No offence, but you've got (at least now!) no polyflow feeling...

Anyway here is some crappy drawover, hope it helps... (DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF MSPAINT:devil:)

I mean look at your flow and gir's, so don't tell me that you even looked at this tut!!!!:

Dude seriously... finish this tut and you'll be hopefuly much, much more better...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravven said:
Oh man, J-dude it's complete crap!!
you took my words out just... umm... i didnt wanted to say that.

do what ravven said, its for your own health in minimum.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
less of the dissing, more of the helping.

i need to work on the normalmap of the ears...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice, like the face wrinkles and such.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravven said:
Oh man, J-dude it's complete crap!! Do U even know human anatomy ?? How do chest muscle look ?? This just look crapy! And you said that you followed gir's tut ??!! I don't think so... Man go through this course and then post something worth watching!! No offence, but you've got (at least now!) no polyflow feeling...

Dude seriously... finish this tut and you'll be hopefuly much, much more better...

:cry: Wah! My ego! (lol). Well, looks like I've gone from where I started, wandered around for a year, and I'm back where I started: MadAxman's DBZ low-poly tutorial. I can't believe I haven't thought of this...I tried it once last year and...ugh...you don't wanna know how i turned out...but now I've got some new tricks up my sleeve, and it's looking like I faced a foe headon while I as unworthy, and now return to face my demon, a stronger (God I hope:rolleyes: ) modellor.

The final battle for anime-hood is nigh...onward ho! To fate, to freedom, and a good model at last!!!

(PS: I was following the refs, not the tutorial)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom