✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's sculpted, not modeled. :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

long legs = elvish, otherwise he should be pretty nicely proportioned and hopefully i've hit all the anatomy boxes =]

Best answers

This is due in at uni tomorrow so I'm calling it done for now.. once I get a chance I will come back and add stuff to the door and redo the cables/wires along with a bunch of other stuff I didnt get chance to make for it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been in my 3D Animation class for about 2 weeks now and I am really interested in it. I want to get used to the 3D animation process and see if it's for me. I also want to learn how to model and besides a basic spaceship in class, this was my first model I made: The head of Burning Gundam, more or less.

I am not too keen on shaders so I have a feeling I could make this look better than it does. And I definitely have a feeling I am not using polygons as efficiently as I should be.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That head looks like Zero's and Sandrock's stuck together? It's pretty cool but I don't see why you have so much smoothing when Gundams are usually pretty cubic
It's the Burning/God Gundam from G Gundam. Yeah our teacher always tells us to use the smooth preview option when rendering and I just learned how to make sides sharper by adding more polygons with this option. Thanks for the feed back!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you mean give certain polygons hard edges and other smooth ones?

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;-Iswm1xKtGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iswm1xKtGs[/video]

after you have good smoothing groups applied you can mesh smooth it 100x times (till your comp blows up) without ruining any sharpness and detail stuff, that is mostly used on car models or in your case robots which have some sharp and blocky edges

hope that this helps you out in your quest, now gimme gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom