Should a public script pack be released?

Should a script pack be released to the public?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
I say no.

I think you got a little confused there. If you read my SSJ Script and you thought that your script is able to be released. I'll clear this up for you.The SSJ Script is a script that Antoine made. It's like a.. Model changer. It didn't change your current models. It ADDED models. Like you could play as umm.. SSJ4 Vegeta as Goku or Vegeta. It's a script that adds models and allows you to use them without replacing your models. Sadly, it's for ESF Alpha 2.0

Perhaps you should of read the orginal post as I kindly asked everyone to do before voting. This script pack vote spawned because of another discussion about scripting/exploiting.

Best answers
somerandomguy said:
I must say though I'm completely blown away by the line of thought that scripting is cheating.

using the ability to do 2 or more actions faster than humanly possible = cheating...a person that cannot do the action at the same speed is giving an advantage...skill in the game does not matter at this instant..like you said yourself...you could add some "cheap" tactics with these scripts...has nothing to do with whether or not someone can beat you...it is the fact that these "cheap" tactics can be used and someone that doesn't use them is at a disadvantage. it is giving you an upper hand before the match begins which in turn would be considered cheating since the basis of a game would be that "NORMALLY" you would start off with a balance between to people..that both were as close to equal as possible.

somerandomguy said:
but don't you realize that by shunning scripting you are infact making things worse for yourself? As I said I can already think of a few "cheap" things that could be done...What about people who have had a little more time to think and are willing to put it to use? So long as they are pushed into the shadows you won't know whats going on and what needs to be addressed...I just hope there aren't people with scripts voting no so that they can have their fun in the backround.
shunning scripting does not make it worse...Yes people are going to cheat//script//exploit...but that doesn't mean because a few people should do it...EVERYONE should do it...that makes absolutly no sense...the "ignorance" of that is assinine. As for not knowing what is being addressed...why would we have to HAVE The script for it to be addressed? We could hear about it...know what the characteristics of the script are...and possibly...stop me if i am wrong...maybe have demos of it used...it may not help all too much but we would all know it is out there and that it is possible people use it. We do not have to distribute scripts for people to understand the mechanics of it. What you are saying is pushed too much for just letting everyone go and have the scripts and just ruin the game...which is pretty much what it does. It would fully destroy the thought of someone playing "legit"..though that thought is still slim to none here...we still have it slightly...Releasing this "package" would fully detonate this small bit of realism that people don't script and turn everyone into whining bastards complaining, "That script is cheap...don't use that one....YOU USED THAT ONE...i saw it...." something along that nature...you catch my drift. Anyway. Keep the scripts coding hidden but don't keep the mechanics and the knowledge and purpose of them "in the shadows".

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Giving everyone a script is like giving everyone an aimbot. Some people out there use aimbots and have an advantage because of it. Therefore, everyone should be given aimbots so everyone is on the same playing field :rolleyes:

Best answers
Goodness my point is missed entirely yet again...This is starting to get frustrating.

Sarutobi Sensei said:
using the ability to do 2 or more actions faster than humanly possible = cheating...a person that cannot do the action at the same speed is giving an advantage...skill in the game does not matter at this instant..like you said yourself...you could add some "cheap" tactics with these scripts...has nothing to do with whether or not someone can beat you...it is the fact that these "cheap" tactics can be used and someone that doesn't use them is at a disadvantage. it is giving you an upper hand before the match begins which in turn would be considered cheating since the basis of a game would be that "NORMALLY" you would start off with a balance between to people..that both were as close to equal as possible.
Yes but we are talking about something built into the game...something that is hardcoded to be possible...You may as well say rebinding your keys is cheating. I mean some layouts could offer an advantage over someone else or make it easier to do some cheap move.

Sarutobi Sensei said:
shunning scripting does not make it worse...Yes people are going to cheat//script//exploit...but that doesn't mean because a few people should do it...EVERYONE should do it...that makes absolutly no sense...the "ignorance" of that is assinine. As for not knowing what is being addressed...why would we have to HAVE The script for it to be addressed? We could hear about it...know what the characteristics of the script are...and possibly...stop me if i am wrong...maybe have demos of it used...it may not help all too much but we would all know it is out there and that it is possible people use it. We do not have to distribute scripts for people to understand the mechanics of it. What you are saying is pushed too much for just letting everyone go and have the scripts and just ruin the game...which is pretty much what it does. It would fully destroy the thought of someone playing "legit"..though that thought is still slim to none here...we still have it slightly...Releasing this "package" would fully detonate this small bit of realism that people don't script and turn everyone into whining bastards complaining, "That script is cheap...don't use that one....YOU USED THAT ONE...i saw it...." something along that nature...you catch my drift. Anyway. Keep the scripts coding hidden but don't keep the mechanics and the knowledge and purpose of them "in the shadows".

As I said you are not seeing my point. Scripting is something so easily available and built into the game that there is probably more of it going on then most would think. By shunning scripting any "cheap" script that one of these people come across is not likely to come to light. Even if it is a good intentioned person who would not use it themselves they would have to admit they were scripting to bring it to peoples attention...Not likely to happen. And if its a shady type who was looking for something like that...well I don't think I need to go much further with that. Could you catch them? Sure its possible with some of the crazier scripts that make themselves obvious. Someone mentioned in another thread a script that made a 60 hit combo in advanced melee. Something like that would get caught no doubt. Though the only real way you are going to catch someone scripting is if they just don't care if you know. As for people whining...people are going to whine no matter what...going by that is pointless.

Sub- Aimbots are not a built in part of the game. Scripting is and not everyone knows how to...Would you help someone tweak their system for gaming performance who didn't know how? Theres built in commands for that which obviously give advantages. It's the same idea...using built in mechanics to get better results.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're talking more about how the game is meant to be played, not about how the game technically can be played using all of the options available in half life. Scripting is completely possible, and even easy if you know your way around, but technically all of the exploits everyone has complained about (and which are more thoroughly detested by more of the community than scripting) are possible too. Exploits are just oversights that the team or the community want to remove, and certain types of scripts should be viewed similarly. The team didn't plan on people playing the way they do, whether abusing exploits or using custom content that enhances their play, for better or worse. I'm not sure encouraging it would 'level the field' for everyone. If more people had access to the scripts, the same people that complain would still complain and avoid using the scripts, while new players would see it as a new option to play around with, further frustrating the old users. It would upset the community more than calm it. It's more of a pride issue than an accessibility one.

Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
using the ability to do 2 or more actions faster than humanly possible = cheating
Swoop script isn't as fast in some cases. Looking at Kartsa's blocklame, my script is nothing compared to his speed.

Best answers
I dont think scripts should be encouraged at all. In my honest opinion it takes alot of the fun away and makes things "fake". Just how I feel about it. But if someone wants to use them, let them. Its not like youre going to stop people from using them anyway. And if he does not admit hes scripting you dont even know for sure.

And there is always the saying - If you can't beat them join them.

Master Ryu said:
You guys are really stupid... Scripts barely help while playing experienced players. I say they'd only help new players. It's not like a hack where you have aim bound to a key and ESP so that you can see everyone. I say YES. Release it. What other scripts are in the pack?
Actually scripts do help people to play faster thus making them better players. ESFn00b and "pro" alike.
But then again what do you know. Calling people really stupid.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Im not going to bother to explain this again....but i will say this, scripting is cheating! scripting is used for the owners advantage wether it would be swooping while charging ki, using a bind for swoop instead of double tap etc. This is frowned upon by the esf public. sorry but its a bad idea :no:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, i say no to this kind of script too, if it was something like Mr.Satan's ESF Scripts he used to make, fair enough, but i dont like this kind of scripting, its like steroids. As Sub said earlier, its nice of you to ask people first instead of just releasing it. I don't like the idea of debutant noobs entering the game using scripts either; they get used to the script and cant fight without it. Xsis, there's only 2 or 3 players in europe that script, and if the rumour that Styx scripts is true (doubt it is, just people's overwhelming jealousy) then he is the only one who can fight amazingly with scripts. The rest arent that noticeable, they dont really fight any differently from the way they did without scripts.

Best answers
k I voted no and I'll explain why and I'll TRY to do it without saying scripting is cheating (it is but I wanna make this harder and different from the other posts)

what might be helpful to see is maybe a demo of each of the scripts so

1 we can see what they look like and that will help people aginest scripting see it on there servers

2 we can see if it does actually give a advantage so like have a 1 v 1 fight and the first to 10 wins then give the same fight but with scripts and see what happens (not a hugly fair test but it will give us a chance to see how MUCH it does)

these two points should help both sides so I think it should be done soon and then put into the first post

Now with what I mean to say:
I believe scripting is unfair to other players and the excuse of "give them to noobs to beat pros and elites" is great for noobs who now not only get a chance at being the best with little or no effort but being able to at least put up a good fight aginest people who trained long and hard to get where they are and at most even beat them!

for a example of this we can look at sports and see that taking drugs etc is cheating and wrong and is easier found out which is like speed hacks and aim bots in esf. However there is another kind of way to make your body faster and stronger but it's a very dangerious thing to do. I think it's called a body fusion and it's when they take out a large amount of old blood out your body so that your body makes new blood. closer to the event they pump the old blood back in so you then have more bloodcarrying oxygen around the body and can last longer in a race. This is like scripting because it's not cheating on the scale of using speed hacks or aim hacks etc but it's not playing fair to the rest of the people in esf

Best answers
You know, this might be silly, but things like an fps/ping tweak script also create an advantage don't they?

If two people are fighting, one with 30 fps without a script and one with 99 with a script, that also creates an advantage over the other (assuming they have the same hardware). Just like any other script, this affects the person who plays with 30 fps (he will probably play worse than if he had 60fps).

Same goes for textbinds, in a teamgame (clanmatch or something), pressing a button to show a team message is faster than pressing a button and actually typing it. Isn't this 'cheating' as well then, seeing as it's inhuman?

In one way or another, any script could give you an advantage, whether it's for fps or for swooping because they all affect gameplay (apart from something like an afk script). Before saying yes or no, wouldn't it be easier to determine what kind of scripts would be released first? For instance, I'd be fine with a swoopscript, but an arrow script wouldn't get my approval which affects my decision.

Also, the people shooting 'omg never use scripts bla bla' should first try it before they shout. I've been playing with this script for over a year now and I'm used to playing with it. I wouldn't care if other people used it too (well maybe blocklamers would be annoying), because it speeds up the game and removes my 'advantage' over others. What I'm trying to say is, this swoopscript, if given to everybody, could affect gameplay in a positive way, without giving anyone an advantage (except those who refuse to use it are at a disadvantage, but now it's their choice). What the game might flaw or lack, can be fixed with a script and as long as it's publicly available, the only problem is a person's opinion on whether he wants to use it or not thus eliminating an 'annoyance' without having to wait for a new release.

Get what I'm saying here?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fps scripts are used to make up for crappy computer performance, they dont create an advantage. All they do is use the potential that is already there, totally different from a swoop script. Swoop scripts make playing the game more EFFICIENT for its user, fps scripts make playing the game BETTER

Best answers
Desmond Tiny said:
k I voted no and I'll explain why and I'll TRY to do it without saying scripting is cheating (it is but I wanna make this harder and different from the other posts)

what might be helpful to see is maybe a demo of each of the scripts so

1 we can see what they look like and that will help people aginest scripting see it on there servers

2 we can see if it does actually give a advantage so like have a 1 v 1 fight and the first to 10 wins then give the same fight but with scripts and see what happens (not a hugly fair test but it will give us a chance to see how MUCH it does)

these two points should help both sides so I think it should be done soon and then put into the first post

Now with what I mean to say:
I believe scripting is unfair to other players and the excuse of "give them to noobs to beat pros and elites" is great for noobs who now not only get a chance at being the best with little or no effort but being able to at least put up a good fight aginest people who trained long and hard to get where they are and at most even beat them!

for a example of this we can look at sports and see that taking drugs etc is cheating and wrong and is easier found out which is like speed hacks and aim bots in esf. However there is another kind of way to make your body faster and stronger but it's a very dangerious thing to do. I think it's called a body fusion and it's when they take out a large amount of old blood out your body so that your body makes new blood. closer to the event they pump the old blood back in so you then have more bloodcarrying oxygen around the body and can last longer in a race. This is like scripting because it's not cheating on the scale of using speed hacks or aim hacks etc but it's not playing fair to the rest of the people in esf
God its refreshing to get something besides "this is cheating and stupid"..

1. I have already run a test of the script pack to make sure it works. They look exactly like normal play...The only exception is the turbo generic beam bind. This is obviously an unnatural event from your view...but others would only know if they knew when the you press the button. So they would be extremely hard to spot...I see plenty of people pull off such moves as fast all the time.

2. This part would be hard...You would ideally need several fights to totally measure its worth. There would need to be equal skill level fights at different skill levels (noob, average, and advanced). There would also need to be lower vs higher skill level fights..noob vs average/advanced and average vs advanced. If I had to take a guess though I would say the most noticable fight would be noob vs noob. Average players might get a small boost from these scripts, but I believe advanced users might feel limited if they are used to the standard controls.

As for your "give them to noobs to beat pros" comment...Trust me they dont help that much(at least the pack I have made). As I said earlier...with or without the scripts a noob is still a noob. A noob isn't going to understand or be able to pull off all the more advanced moves I've seen done. Most of those require timing and mouse control...Scripts wont give them that.

Best answers
The problem for me is to get back to the old controls. If someone was to go and measure it, it would take several months. Many have practised to play with the normal controls, but the same goes with scripts. U don't learn to play with it in 1 night. Training to get excellent at them takes even longer. U will first have to develop a feel for the script. In that case it is easier because it's 1 press. The next step is to find limits to them. They may not appear at first, but will be found later or the other way around. This makes ur point 2 nearly impossible to execute.

On a note: none of u can comment on this. This is my experience and since none of u script, it is impossible to contradict it.

The bloodtransfusion sounds kewl. I would love to see 1 of those on TV lol, but it also sounds like a way to commit suicide. Scripts do not cause a suicide in any way.

Ness said:
fps scripts are used to make up for crappy computer performance, they dont create an advantage. All they do is use the potential that is already there, totally different from a swoop script. Swoop scripts make playing the game more EFFICIENT for its user, fps scripts make playing the game BETTER
U are eliminating ur own stand of view here. fps script also makes the game more efficient for the user.

Now I ask of u: Could u all please vote the poll and not comment on ur choice? This is a simple question and no reason for any flame whatsoever. All opinions have been heard all over already in the last thread(s).

On a note of the score: The people that are scripting now mostlikely will not stop after this poll. However the non-scripters will not know what the scripts do.

Best answers
Cool.
some guy is cheating, lets release a pack for every-body to used aim, cause then it will be fair D:!.
hell no. dont ruin the game//community even more. its wrecked anyway.
instead you guyz could ask the ESF team to do something about it.. start with removing the most annoying exploits? , you know most scripts are used to make exploits easier you know. starting from Throw-hit ( scripted or not ) , Instant Melee ( scripted so youll never miss it) , scripts like carn's swoop is really not that bad.
myself im not using ANY kind of script , but it doesnt mean i didnt try it.
actually i admit i have EVERY kind of script on my comp.
even more scripts that usual scripters do.
I did use them once to see how it is, and my opinion only grew stronger , seeings its to lame and ruining the game.
i even had the most famous ESF Hack ( wont say its name) on my comp. and yea i did use it to see how it is and what people find in it.
and wow , that really sucked? after i removed it , i had some troubles aiming at people ^^. it showed how lame it is, no skill at all. even though some one who uses aimbot needs abit of ESF skill, you cant just hold the aimbot and swoop , cause then youll die easier than you think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main conclusion , NO .. ?? ?@!#$@#$
most idiotic idea ive ever seen , total community wrecker ^^
--------------
People who use scripts just have to admit it, people who dont admit scripting but scripts are the kind of lamest people in this.
take an example of Carnage , he scripts , everybody knows it. he says he does.
nobody blames him "You scripter you blah blah." because everybody knows hes skilled and he uses that script only out of anger to the 1.2 SLOW SLOW SLOWness.
fact is , he doesnt use that script to make a really fast blocklame, or anything that way. so nobody hates him for usingit , he still uses it in a manner way.
i could say same thing about Sephize i guess.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kai.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hacks, scripts, exploits i dont care about any of them.

these were created to be used and to be able to have more fun with the game

i could really care less if you use them in a normal game as long as its not in a tournament or something

Best answers
-Kai- said:
Cool.
some guy is cheating, lets release a pack for every-body to used aim, cause then it will be fair D:!.
hell no. dont ruin the game//community even more. its wrecked anyway.
instead you guyz could ask the ESF team to do something about it.. start with removing the most annoying exploits? , you know most scripts are used to make exploits easier you know. starting from Throw-hit ( scripted or not ) , Instant Melee ( scripted so youll never miss it) , scripts like carn's swoop is really not that bad.
myself im not using ANY kind of script , but it doesnt mean i didnt try it.
actually i admit i have EVERY kind of script on my comp.
even more scripts that usual scripters do.
I did use them once to see how it is, and my opinion only grew stronger , seeings its to lame and ruining the game.
i even had the most famous ESF Hack ( wont say its name) on my comp. and yea i did use it to see how it is and what people find in it.
and wow , that really sucked? after i removed it , i had some troubles aiming at people ^^. it showed how lame it is, no skill at all. even though some one who uses aimbot needs abit of ESF skill, you cant just hold the aimbot and swoop , cause then youll die easier than you think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main conclusion , NO .. ?? ?@!#$@#$
most idiotic idea ive ever seen , total community wrecker ^^
--------------
People who use scripts just have to admit it, people who dont admit scripting but scripts are the kind of lamest people in this.
take an example of Carnage , he scripts , everybody knows it. he says he does.
nobody blames him "You scripter you blah blah." because everybody knows hes skilled and he uses that script only out of anger to the 1.2 SLOW SLOW SLOWness.
fact is , he doesnt use that script to make a really fast blocklame, or anything that way. so nobody hates him for usingit , he still uses it in a manner way.
i could say same thing about Sephize i guess.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kai.
This kind of logic just blows my mind...on the one hand you are saying "no don't do it it will completely ruin the game"...

Then we go on the other hand and you say its alright for certain people to use scripts....As a matter of fact the same scripts which are in this script pack...So its ok for certain people to have this advantage...but not everyone? So your friend bob can have them but joe down the road who you don't know cant? So in turn joe says screw you and learns to script himself...After which he says well heck I learned how to script now why just stop with this script? I can go ahead and make this one and this one...oh and I always wondered if this was possible...Great logic there.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
as to make my self clear...

---PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD---

this is like asking, "should a public maphack \ wallhack \ disconnect hack \ whatever hack be released?"

no... hell no...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom