Server Crashes

Best answers
Our server seems to like to crash heres a debug log of the crash

CRASH: Wed Aug 4 02:04:34 CDT 2004
Start Line: ./hlds_i686 -game esf +maxplayers 12 +map esf_rosat -autoupdate -debug -pidfile hlds.737.pid
End of crash report

CRASH: Wed Aug 4 21:39:59 CDT 2004
Start Line: ./hlds_i686 -game esf +maxplayers 12 +map esf_rosat -autoupdate -debug -pidfile hlds.17607.pid
End of crash report

Best answers
Almost all servers do crash after some time.

Nobody knows why it seems.

Best answers
thats happening with the ozforces severs.... The gameops there are temped to rollback to 1.2 till we can work out wat the problem is

Best answers
i heard,
we don't want to rollback.. :cry:
i also noticed that my metamod won't go up, they need to hurry and get this fixed, its really annoying... º_º

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I experienced this crashes too. Every ****ing 5min its definately up to 1.21 please fix that as soon as possible. I also think its because of something in the adv. melee cause I've played once without melee and it didn't crash.

* It seems to be caused by adv. melee

* The server dont really crashed the process is still runnning, but the amount of required cpu increases fast.

* If u do not kill the process the required cpu will increase up to 99.9% !

* The Server is not "pingable" and keeps dropping the clients.

* sometimes: hlds_run: line 423: 12546 Segmentationfault $HL_CMD

That is what I experienced.

Regards Raven

Best answers
core | Raven said:
I experienced this crashed too. Every ****ing 5min its definately up to 1.21 please fix that as soon as possible. I also think its because of something in the adv. melee cause I've played once without melee and it didn't crash.

* It seems to be caused by adv. melee

* The server dont really crashed the process is still runnning, but the amount of required cpu increases fast.

* If u do not kill the process the reuired cpu will increase up to 99.9% !

* The Server is not "pingable" and keeps dropping the clients.

* sometimes: hlds_run: line 423: 12546 Segmentationfault $HL_CMD

That is what I experienced.

Regards Raven
Linux server or windows server?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Linux using GLIBC 2.3

Best answers
I experienced the same problems, the server crashes evey 5-10 minutes, then the hlds_run script restart it.

The server is run under debian sid, with glibc 2.3.

Another problem is that when mp_gamemode is set to 1 in the server.cfg, the server does not start in teamplay mode but in free fight, I have to use changelevel or map to activate the teamplay mode.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
me and my mate have just started gettin this problem this week, we usually just create a server and play on that against a bot then after about five minutes it crashes and we tried just then and crashed in under a minute wat the hell?

Best answers
harSens said:
Linux server or windows server?
ours is Redhat Linux with glibc 2.3.

also i cant seem get the server up with metamod...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well about metamod / amxx... didn't get any problems with it, its runnning fine for me :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
im seriously sick and tired of these constant crashes cant get a decent game in without it crashing all the time now kinda puts me off playin

Best answers
well, are u running linus Hallis... as all the windows version work fine for us......

Best answers
its doin my head in aswell when will it be fixed as its not just the melee doin it coz am turnin that down and still gettin alot of crash's :shocked: :no:

Best answers
a question , if i run a server and someone does , krillins destructo disk or it crashes , (if im the client) if i open a a server the disk and gokus genkidama chrashed it , should i do a fresh install in my steam folder( delete half life and kill each entry in regedit?)

thx in advantage EoD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-autoupdate -debug -pidfile hlds.737.pid
Why?

I would rather run a second program that updates the server when the server is off, and for my info, whats pidfile?

Best answers
i have no clue in the world lol, thats what i'm getting in my debug log...

Best answers
well from some testing that i have done with some friends... we believe that is may be the use of kiblobs on a sever.... when they arent used the severs seem to run much longer without crashes, or even at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom