second model- buu WIP

Best answers
If you call that blocky and weired animations "thing" a good model...then I don't think u understand what a "good" model is...lol

Best answers
*bump* anyways i finished the head for my cell and iam too lazy to skinmap it right now so i decided to bring back this old model and rework it, someone directed me to some very nice reference pictures so i adjusted the proportions majorly, hopefull it looks more like buu now, i changed the body and reworked the poly structure somewhat, also iam going to model a new head since that old one totally sucks, when iam done ill probably release it as an SDK or something for people to skin/port to ESF, the polycount is 1248 which ill try to cut down

Best answers
its going nicely, itll be good,
*off topic* Hows your cell going thats the one im really waiting for.

Best answers
just need to skinmap and texture cells head and itll be done, anyway i updated the body a bit, tweaked some areas like the shoulders,

Best answers
If you want to speed up the UV mapping of your cell head with minimal effort, then i recommend a lil thing called Deep UV. It's purely for mapping a mesh for skinning, and it can do some pretty special things in a very short and real-time way. If you wanna give it a try my msn is up there in the corner of my post -_^

As for your Buu, it's looking a lot better now you've re-meshed it. Can't wait to see that skinned up ;)

Best answers
heres another update, moved some things around and started the head, polycount if your wondering is 1300 something, i got the head up and running, not really gonna put much detail on the head since when i skin it in the future ill just paint it on, just trying to get the proportions right

diablos- hmm never thought about deepUV, i use deep exploration for when iam skinning to see my progress, guess i should give deepuv a try, thanks for the tip :)

Best answers
Just wondering, do you use 3dsm? If you use 3dsm there is a way to see your skin applied to your model in the regular editing views without having to export to deep exploration every time. Or maybe you already know that, but put it in deep exp for a reason, who knows :| (only you i guess :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looking good, here are some nice refs i found:)

Good luck.

Best answers
another update, almost done with the face, model will probably end up being 1500 polies which i can maybe cut down to at least 1300 or less

diablos: i use 3ds max 5.1, to view your skin click on the selected group and open the material editor (shortcut key is M), in there click on any material and click on diffuse on the panel thingie below, then in the menu that pops up click on bitmap, and grab your skin file, once thats done click the checkered box thingie then click assign to selected, and it should be skinned, hope that helps

raiko: thats the ref ive been using all along, but a fuller version of it :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yeh baby, at first i was thinking 'omg cell muist have bee a fluke' now im thinkin YEH BABY! really nice stuff man

Best answers
SSJ Toast said:
i use 3ds max 5.1, to view your skin click on the selected group and open the material editor (shortcut key is M), in there click on any material and click on diffuse on the panel thingie below, then in the menu that pops up click on bitmap, and grab your skin file, once thats done click the checkered box thingie then click assign to selected, and it should be skinned, hope that helps
That's exactly what i was going to tell you to do ^^ I wasnt asking for help, i was trying to give it :laff:. I just thought you might not know seeing as how you mentioned exporting to Deep Exp to view the skin. hehe

oh well

Best answers
Diablos said:
That's exactly what i was going to tell you to do ^^ I wasnt asking for help, i was trying to give it :laff:. I just thought you might not know seeing as how you mentioned exporting to Deep Exp to view the skin. hehe

oh well
i use deepexp to view the skin because it doesnt hog as much memory as max does, since photoshop and max enjoy gangbanging all of my memory

Mr Smo said:
yeh baby, at first i was thinking 'omg cell muist have bee a fluke' now im thinkin YEH BABY! really nice stuff man
thanks for the comment, yea i should had made a new topic instead of bringing back my old one, those first few pictures were from like 3 months ago

Best answers
the ends of his hands are to thin, and his thumb looks wierd :p, gj so far

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How did you suddenly get so good at modelling again? nice job!

Best answers
Yah it went from the crappy first try at buu....to this amazing model out of no where.......GREAT WORK!!!!

Best answers
well iam about done now with it, just need to skinmap it then ill release for anyone to skin or port to ESF, ill skin it myself after iam finished cell, polycount is at 1428

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look and compare your model to this picture

good start thoe..

Best answers
here iam done with the model and UV's, if anyone wants to skin or port to ESF, feel free too, (all i ask is some credit, also if you port it to ESF though please share :) ) ill skin it myself when iam done my cell http://www.freewebs.com/soosexyithurts/buu.zip right click and save target as, or drag link to your toolbar

*edit* bleh if you downloaded it when i first posted it up you might have to redownload it becaus i updated it since last time i forgot to mirror the ear and map the bottom of his shoes, sorry about that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom