Scientists recover T. rex soft tissue

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we used to be a monarchy, until oliver cromwell decided to have king james 1st beheaded for high treason (aparently, treason is a crime commited against the people, and not the king o_O). and then decided "**** democracy, im in charge" until he died, and then we got parlaiment back, and kept the royal family, for some reason which probably has to do with money....

much the same situation now, since england is one of like... 3 countries which still has a monarch, we get a fair amount of income from people coming into the country to pose outside buckingham palace...

id love to let a mini rex loose among the corgies XD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wohoo, is there anyone smart here?
1)africa has only a small meal compair to what a t-rex eat's
2)the t-rex cant suvive there anyway, he is used to forrest climates and not made for a dessert.

a t-rex isn't bulledproof yes but a bullet is just like a neadle in your skin for him, think about that.
the skull is also to thick for a bullet to get true, so a head shot is pretty inpossable.
tame Rex would make the ideal method of transport
an t-rex sees everyone as an enemy, only a t-rex of 1.5 months would like you but after that he will want to kill you.
being sure to spray ourselves with something rex's are scared of
the only thing a t-rex is afrait of is a bigger dinosaur, like a braciosaurus.(ok, a braciosaurus is the biggest but leave that aside)
why not just clone a group of raptors instead?
are you out of your funkin mind, a raptor is even smarter than a human when it's about hunting.
it is a bad idea already to clone a t-rex but a velociraptor clone is realy the worst, we could never kill them all concidder how smart they are.
we have powerfull weapons yes but the weapons that are the best to use are useless agains raptors, they realy know what to do in every situation.
i dont want to be over self-confident but i did studdy the dino's for over 5/6 years, especialy about the carnefors.(my fav is the raptor :D )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the stupid thing is, all your "facts" come from a movie, which was based on nothing more than theory. we dont know that raptors were that smart, or that rex' was that aggressive. its just what we are lead to theorise. THATS why cloning it is a good idea. it would put an end to a lot of theories.

oh, and not all of africa is a desert ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
an t-rex sees everyone as an enemy, only a t-rex of 1.5 months would like you but after that he will want to kill you.
Hmm, so would a Tiger, an Ocelot, a Cheetah, that's why we raise them in captivity and not in the wild.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they are not teore's, they are all from top experts.
and i dont look at the movie when i'm studying something, i look in books, sites and other things that makes all sence.
jurassic park made the velociraptor to stuppid, a velociraptor can jump for about 2/5 meters up and can run for about 120 km/h.
not instandly but they can make speed from 1 to 50 in 5 seconds, so they could already atleast half the ppl that are in the movie who just escaped them.(like when dr sadler escapes out of the power bunker, a real raptor would already killed her before she even reached the door)
btw, wy is killing a quarter of africa a good thing?
getting facts has also other way's, cloning is realy the worst.
Hmm, so would a Tiger, an Ocelot, a Cheetah, that's why we raise them in captivity and not in the wild.
and how mutch would it cost for only the food, well atleast 20 cow's and that's only for dinner.
and how would you want to keap him, in a cadge?....................do you know how strong the cadge must be and how mtch the power to keap him there cost..............A LOT. :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also, a well known fact, is that if you give an animal enough food, it wont attack for food, as it doesnt need to. for example. a dog is fully capable of hunting for food, even when domesticated. but it doesnt, because it knows it will be provided for.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhhh.and what do you think he would eat?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anyone else see my avatar as huge? For me it looks normal, 75 x 75.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You studied carnivores, you'd know that their teeth indicate they ate meat. So my guess is that it would enjoy an elephant or two.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
uhhh.and what do you think he would eat?
same thing dogs do, just in larger amounts...

time to start pumping out the rabbit with mixed veg in rex' sized portions :D

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throw in a queen or two for good measure, and I can't believe you said 'ponce' how very...english of you.

and Niobe, perhaps you should take a step back and realise we're having a little bit of fun and none of us actually find it practical to ride a miniaturised T-Rex, I mean you'd need to fit it with a saddle and then there's the issue of steering and I doubt they're faster than a car. I guess we'll just have to lead them into war for the sake of my own amusement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't believe you said 'ponce' how very...english of you.
Did you just call me English?! Oh wait, I am. And yeah, this is just a bit of fun. Jeez. You remind me of the people who argue that Godzilla was retarded because he couldn't have realistically supported his own weight.

I don't think cloning is completley out of the question, we've done it with pigs and sheep, and we've...grown an ear on the back of a mouse. Reviving the dinosaurs is just the next step.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think niobe has watched Jurassic Park one too many times o_o.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i told you, i dont say this by looking to movie's, READ DUM ASS
I doubt they're faster than a car.
a t-rex no, he cant run becours his hip will colaps if he does.
a raptor is, well atleast faster than a old timer(atleast i think an old timer cant ride 120 km/h, not a car expert :p )
I mean you'd need to fit it with a saddle and then there's the issue of steering
huh, a dino that can drive a car.....................sounds fun :D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A t-rex can run 45 km/h. He can run for sure, otherwise he would be able to hunt, now would he =/ ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm, he was talking about steering the the T-Rex, not a T-Rex steering a car.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
OubliezJe said:
See i can see where your coming from, but there is two sides of how i feel on that one, The sufferening of people should not be endured, and medicine is needed, but if you think about it, if man hadn't tried to cure things in the first place, or if curiousity hadn't taken it's toll, we wouldn't be in the mess of cancer from smoking, and Car crashes. Now im not saying technology is bad, but to a point it is. Lets just say, i think this way, for every achievement, there is a concequence, a side effect.
No...it's just advances in technology, people watch too many movies and thik some killer outbreak is going to happen while some teenage sensation actor must think of a mcguyver way to stop the evil t-rex and save us all >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If we had to, we could easily take down a T-rex, anti-vehicular rounds would do the trick, and if not that, we have tanks. If we could, we should clone it, I'd love to see a real T-rex.

Best answers
This is the biggest piece of bull**** I have ever red in my whole life.
The earth isn't over 70 million years old. It's around 6005 years old.
The Dino's are dead, you ain't seeing them again.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
wohoo, is there anyone smart here?
1)africa has only a small meal compair to what a t-rex eat's
2)the t-rex cant suvive there anyway, he is used to forrest climates and not made for a dessert.
How many cattle does the US raise a year? Oh yeah, at January 1, 2005, we had a total inventory of 95.8 million cattle. http://www.farmdoc.uiuc.edu/marketing/livestockoutlook/html/022805/022805.html Still think feeding it would be a dilemma?

a t-rex isn't bulledproof yes but a bullet is just like a neadle in your skin for him, think about that.
the skull is also to thick for a bullet to get true, so a head shot is pretty inpossable.
You don't think anti tank weaponry would be able to do some damage?

that 1.5 months seems like a made up statistic. I guess that means that a tiger at 2.5 months would like me but right after he reaches that point, he'll turn on me and try to kill me.[/quote]

the only thing a t-rex is afrait of is a bigger dinosaur, like a braciosaurus.(ok, a braciosaurus is the biggest but leave that aside)
Anything having to do with the behaviors of dinosaurs is pretty must just speculation because we have no proof of how exactly they behaved. Does it make sense that a T.Rex would be afraid of a larger dinosaur? Sure. Does it mean that it was? Have you ever seen a T.Rex around larger dinosaurs? I haven't. So I guess I wouldn't know.

are you out of your funkin mind, a raptor is even smarter than a human when it's about hunting.
Raptors are better equipped naturally for hunting(IE if we have no tools with us) and their instincts are better honed for hunting, but we're better equipped for survival. You know how you survive a raptor running through your neighborhood? You stay the hell indoors while you let them take down all the people taking pictures of him with a camera. Remember, you don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than the slowest person with you.

it is a bad idea already to clone a t-rex but a velociraptor clone is realy the worst, we could never kill them all concidder how smart they are.
we have powerfull weapons yes but the weapons that are the best to use are useless agains raptors, they realy know what to do in every situation.
Yes, a velociraptor knows how to do in every situation, even with dealing with stuff they have never dealt with before, because raptors have special a priori knowledge power! He would know that any humans pointing big long pipish looking things at him should be the first ones he takes out, so he'll definately do it, dodging the huge armor piercing shells flying towards him with ease. He's just so damn smart and powerful!

i dont want to be over self-confident but i did studdy the dino's for over 5/6 years, especialy about the carnefors.(my fav is the raptor :D )
Again, you can know only stuff that fossil records show, like if a specific dinosaur was one that travelled in packs, how large they were, what they ate, what ate them, but anything behavior related can only be guaged by looking at what animals seem to resemble them today, and even that would be a stretch considering that the animals of today have to deal with the animals of today, and not the dinosaurs of yesterday.

Forte said:
This is the biggest piece of bull**** I have ever red in my whole life.
The earth isn't over 70 million years old. It's around 6005 years old.
The Dino's are dead, you ain't seeing them again.
And Forte, please, let's not turn this into a creationism vs evolution thread. The side that believes in creationism will stick to their guns as well as those who believe in evolution. Then we'll just end up with people hatin on eachother over something that really doesn't change a thing about how a person lives. These people believe something different than you, you can at least humor them. Besides, if you take out the part of a 70 million year old fossil, then it's something believable, IE they found a fossil with soft tissue in it, which is certainly irregular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom