Saga Choice and Character suggestion

Best answers
First, I don't know if you have a character roster available, but I think a Tien would be nice, just happens to be my favorite character.

Now, I think an option when creating a server to choose which saga you want would be awesome. For example, I could set it up to Frieza saga and the character roster will change to only characters up to the Frieza saga and transformations as well, so Goku won't be going super saiyan 3 against Frieza's first form. Then of course an option to set saga's to -any- (default) which would just unlock every character and transformation.

To be honest I'm bored of games with 10000000+ characters of DBZ, so I think a more medium sized roster with just some key players would be perfect for the type of game this is (Also so you can perfect each one without worrying about characters being similar).

Like what you guys are doing, keep it up.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably wont happen.

We are balancing them to fit together as a whole. We would literally have to do a compleete rebalance of all characters for each and every saga.

Since if we just limited the choices. Then the Ginyu force and Frieza would be totally unbalanced against the others.

So this is highly doubtfull.

As for Tien there was a project on that. It went as like this.

The comunity makes a tien model, skins it, makes the basic animations for it, makes the sprites and makes the sounds. Then the team puts it all ingame.

The model was made but the basic animation list was never finished. Project tien died 3 times in a span of 5 years and is yet to be finished. Though the deal still stands so if you wanna puck project tien up be my guest ^^

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The ability at hand to restrict particular classes would be interesting though IMO
ie being able to select individual classes and enable/disable them as part of the UI

Best answers
im whit this guy on the over usage of dbz chars, and the inappropriate balancing due to goku being ssj3 vs anyone else...

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares if its inapropriate to balance SSJ3 and make final form Frieza just as strong.

Its a game.

Best answers
true... didnt mean to offend, its just a slippery slope, u know, like how friezas final form is only as strong as ssj trunks. in my mind its just confusing >_<

Best answers
Eh, just saying, some people like playing DBZ games with accurate details like that.
Just cuts down the experience when your super saiyan 4 goku get's owned by Hercule.

But really you wouldn't even need classes or stats to be changed, it would be as simple as cutting off characters and transformations to fit whatever saga you have selected. So at least then it would APPEAR like they can relive some cool moments in Dragonball Z.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I've only seen Goku as a SSJ4 in a ESF addon (Bigpack or EVM?) Never seen him go higher then SSJ3 in the series if I remember correctly o0

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, just saying, some people like playing DBZ games with accurate details like that.
Just cuts down the experience when your super saiyan 4 goku get's owned by Hercule.

But really you wouldn't even need classes or stats to be changed, it would be as simple as cutting off characters and transformations to fit whatever saga you have selected. So at least then it would APPEAR like they can relive some cool moments in Dragonball Z.
Yes cutting stages would overpower certain characters ruining gamebalance.

Best answers
I think it'd be cool to have a saga mode where every Saga happened at the same time. Frieza, Cell, and Buu would be trying to individually accomplish objectives while Good would be collecting Dragon Balls and trying to stop them.

For example, Frieza would try to collect the dragon balls. Cell would attack NPC villagers to take their energy and look for NPC/Player Androids. Buu would turn Villagers/Players into candy to become stronger.

Evil would start off with the Power Level advantage. Evil needs to accomplish their objectives to maintain their advantage. When they complete all the objectives, they win.

Good needs to stall Evil. The longer they prevent them from accomplishing missions, the faster they catch up. Once they're strong enough, they can kill them. Evil is perma-death, Good respawns every 5 minutes or may be wished back with the Dragon Balls with additional Power Level.

Different maps can have different objectives, allowing players to not only customize the area they fight in, but what things they have to accomplish in them. This could add humor, diversity, and continuous community involvement long after the game is completed.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You are talking on a scale of a small MMO. Please dont ^^

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No you wanted NPC bystanders who would act as plot plot drivers. Like saving people from the evil team and stuff like that.

Remember bots are players. And thus they fill in player slots. What you wanted was ineractive bystanders doing their own thing thats not related to actual player behaviour. Hence those would be like NPCs in MMOs.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
what about being able to select individual classes and enable/disable them as part of the UI?

That way its up to people what classes they have on their servers?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Classes are one thing. Transformations are another.

No big balancing issues if you remove a whole class. But if you remove a transformation from a character. He will become lacking compared to the others.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I wasnt thinking transformations - just classes.

Best answers
I don't care how it's done. Whether it's Bots or NPCs, it's pretty much the same idea.

Take a Namek map for example.

Frieza + Ginyu Force try to collect Dragon Balls and say Kill the Eldest Namek. Cell + Buu go around destroying respawning buildings and NPCs/Bots. The Androids are always in play with NPC or a Player.

So maybe we can begin talking about whether the idea is even worth it for starters. People want a Saga Mode, and this would be an easier way to do it.

You could even just make Frieza, Ginyu Force, Cell, and Buu all trying to collect the dragon balls, but I think this adds a little more than just CTDB Good vs Evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom