Right-click beam detonation stall

Best answers
Instead of having the beams detonate the instant the right mouse button is pressed, why not, when you right-click, the beam head stops and stays still, the trail detaches from the fighter's hands, then catches up to the beam head, and when it reaches it, THEN it explodes. It doesn't have to be slow, but a little bit of a delay.

That gives somebody on the other end a little bit more of a chance to dodge the explosion, so people can't charge a FF or KHH and fire it into a group of people just to detonate it. They could see it and move.

I suppose the person who fired the attack could then be held still until the beam explodes, so it wouldn't be repeatedly spammed.

Compliments of konstantine77:
Instead of the beam detaching and catching up, send a pulse up the trail (sort of like an extra beam head) which blows up the original beam head when it catches up. Makes a bit more sense, cuz I couldn't think of an actual reason why they wouldn't be able to move after detaching the beam. :yes:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually like this idea, and that rarely happens. Make the delay scale with the damage so that stronger attacks get a longer delay than weaker ones and I think it'd work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might look better if the trail's speed was the same speed as the beam's speed.
But then khh will have the advantage. What sonic said is the best.
Oh, btw good idea! :yes:

Best answers
dont like it..

whats the point of having ff or khh if u cant blast a group of people up ?
if u have just a littel skill u can see a ff from a mile away and beam jump the hell
outta there

>_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shay you can do it if they are busy in melee or something...
Hey think about it:
What if you press right click and before it detonates it gets into a powerstuggle?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I like this idea too. Definitely gives you time to get the hell out of the blast radius. :laff:

Orbit said:
Hey think about it:
What if you press right click and before it detonates it gets into a powerstuggle?
I would say, the struggle would still happen, but would act like a ball (Big Bang, or Spirit Bomb)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I came into the thread thinking "OMG this is gonna be lame" but I acutally like it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
Wow, I came into the thread thinking "OMG this is gonna be lame" but I acutally like it.
Exact same response from me.
I think it'd look cool, too. :)

Best answers
how about instead of the beam trail detaching from the hands and catching up to the head of the beam, the player sends a burst of energy up the trail and and when it gets to the head of the beam it explodes(kinda like in the show when 2 people are powerstruggling and they push a wave of energy into the struggle)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Love the original idea, and Konstantine77's idea of sending the surge up the beam to detonate, I think impletmenting this would kick mythical proportions of ass :D

Konstantine77, you said 'during a powerstruggle', does that mean you could use a surge to detonate/strengthen the beam during a powerstruggle in ESF, or was it just an example? That was the only bit that confused me :eek:

Other than that I think it's a legendary idea :)

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
konstantine77 said:
how about instead of the beam trail detaching from the hands and catching up to the head of the beam, the player sends a burst of energy up the trail and and when it gets to the head of the beam it explodes(kinda like in the show when 2 people are powerstruggling and they push a wave of energy into the struggle)
:shocked: Whoa. I like that idea even more! :laff:
Ravendust said:
Konstantine77, you said 'during a powerstruggle', does that mean you could use a surge to detonate/strengthen the beam during a powerstruggle in ESF, or was it just an example? That was the only bit that confused me :eek:

Other than that I think it's a legendary idea :)
What he means is, when you're in a power struggle, you send a burst of energy into the head of the beam, causing the beam to get stronger instantly, which I think is kinda cool to see. :D (Pumping PS which will be implemented in a later release)

Best answers
konstantine77 said:
I believe this also decreases the chance of blowing yourself up since you can't instantly detonate it. Of course it will still hurt you, if not kill you but at least the distance is (a little?) greater than when it instantly blows if you press the RMB because it would still have to travel before it gets to the beam head.

Best answers
Edited the original suggestion. Thanks konstantine77. :yes:
That way gives a reason why the person can't move.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like both suggestions. Answers the question of how to kill the spammage a bit and not just make them detachable beams. Very nice.

Best answers
Pumping powerstruggles are exactly what i was trying to say use as an example krazy killa, i just couldnt remeber the term =). Pumping powerstruggles are when instead of gradually pumping power into the struggle, you charge energy up over time and send it in all at once(watch any powerstruggle in DBZ(cell vs. gohan or goku vs. vegeta in the saiyan saga), but in this it would be to explode the beam rather than overpower your opponent

To expand the idea a bit, when you right click, you would not be able to control the beams direction, and the surge of energy would travel about 5x the speed of the beam, so that if the beam was close, it would be near instantaneous, but if it was across the map, it might take a few seconds at most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom