Revolutions Kicked Ass - Critics On Drugs(Lots of Spoliers)

Best answers
The response to your question is a SPOILER... so It's gonna be further down, for those that like to avoid it...

I think that Smith gets deleted by the Master Computer. Neo is hooked up to the Master computer in machine city... therefore, it has access to Smith's program once Smith takes Neo. Just like Smith was able to exist in Bane, he could exist in Neo when Neo woke up... so I guess that the computer ripped him a new ******* once that happened and Neo just... died?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err, this thread asked for no spoilers =/ good job for abandoning the thread creators request.

Even if it is at the bottom of your reply, you have to scroll down to post so you'll catch something.

Maybe you should ask people if they want it first =/.

Anyways... I've pretty much gotten the whole story from friends on AIM, thanks phat ;).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yea that what i was thinking then whenever neo got that lil powerboost from the mainframe that the mainframe deleted the smith program

Best answers
UltraPerfectCel said:
Err, this thread asked for no spoilers =/ good job for abandoning the thread creators request.

Even if it is at the bottom of your reply, you have to scroll down to post so you'll catch something.

Maybe you should ask people if they want it first =/.

Anyways... I've pretty much gotten the whole story from friends on AIM, thanks phat ;).

Uhh ya i agree. I didnt read it i just scrolld past it completely. heh so i didnt read it and im glad! So imma go see it this weekend. :yes:

Best answers
The reason why so many people didnt like the movie is because it wasn't the action packed thriller they wanted, it was what it needed to be, the story, there is so much symbolism in the whole trilogy its not even funny, read up on your philosophy and then watch the trilogy all over again, its fascinating...a little bit o weed doesnt hurt either

Best answers
Ugh SPOILER:

Smith was Neo's opposite so when they connected they became one and then the master machine destroyed Neo killing them both. Why else would the machines havestopped destroying the humans? The whole war was about the anamolie. Now that the anamolie was permanately destroyed the humans posed no threat so the machines would forever rule both worlds, therefore there would be no need to destroy the humans in zion.

EDIT: If you want the religious connection for the ending this is how I think of it: The master machine was sort of like the Punctius Pilate. Smith resembles both the Anti-Christ and Barabas. Neo is obviously Jesus. The master machine let Neo and Smith fight just like Pilate let the jews decide between Barabas and Jesus. When Neo died Smith died aswell, just like Jesus dies for all of our sins. Smith was all of our sins for he gained power by absorbing the people. When Smith died all of the people came back to normal just like the people in Jesus's time were relieved of their sins. As you could see when Neo died in the REAL WORLD there was a cross on chest to symbolize he was being crucified.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
spoiler question......

that is a terrible ending to me. the machines just left the humans alone and the whole thing was just a repitition. what happen to morpheus and trinity?

i was hoping for Neo to kick some machine ass and the humans would shut down the whole system. i'm still going to see it though, mainly for the special effects.

Best answers
spoiler answer:

if the machines didn't leave the humans alone everyone would have died but them. While flying to the machine city Neo couldn't even destroy all the sentinels they had to evade them. Trinity died while piloting the ship and Morpheus didn't really do anything after they saved Neo from 'the frenchman'. The humans never had a chance to win, if it wasn't for Neo sacrificng himself Smith would have taken over everything. If the machines shut down the matrix, as explained in reloaded, it would have been suicide. The Matrix was their source of energy, they would have died out. This was the only, best, and perfect way to end it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I think Morrone is right, that seems like the best possible ending.
Besides I hate movies that end with like...

10 of the Main Characters surviving
just cause everyone felt bad if anyone of them died :x

Anyway. Can someone answer my previous question?
I want to know whats the deal with Agent Smith having Copied himself into a
Human Being in the end of Reloaded. I always thought Agent Smith would end
up being that "Rival" who makes a stupid decision in the end by saving the
hero and sacrificing himself :p

It just seemed that predictable at the time... But oh well :x Im goinng see
Revolutions on Sunday -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i stand by my original statement

Pain said:
u shouldnt be in this thread if u dont want some spoilers..... its ur own fault
and someone had the balls to say i was wrong, psh

Best answers
After I saw Reloaded I thought the series had taken a turn for the worst. I went to see Revoulutions expecting to be dissapointed.
However I thought it was almost a perfect film. The ending was possibly one of the best endings I have ever seen.
Most people complain about predictable film endings and here we get a film ending thats unconventional and the biggest complaint I see about it (From Critics and Reviewers) seems to be that it wasn't your typical ending.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow morrone, I caught that Neo was jesus, but the rest evaded me. You opened my eyes O_O.

By the way, everyone knew it was going to happen Pain, they were just in denial. :p

*************************SPOILERS****************************

part of the end is still unclear to me. Is the matrix still running, it shouldn't be as the architect gave his word that he would free the rest of the humans, how would it run?

I just figured that the machines agreed to Neo's request. Neo was asked "What do you want!?" then it cuts to the scene right before the sentinals get to the humans, and they stop, which obviously means that Neo asked for peace. Neo fulfills his part of the bargain by letting smith take him over, so that the "master computer" could delete him, and the machines complied by filling their end of the deal. Now, you'd be thinking, since neo is gone, why wouldn't the machines go back on the agreement, and just slaughter the rest of the humans? Well, they aren't human. :p

The last scene did take place in the matrix, but that was before the architect confirmed that he would free everyone, so I thought that the matrix would be shut down. If peace between the humans and machines does exist at this point then the matrix isn't needed as the humans and machined could live off of eachother peacfully again. I don't think there will be a fourth movie, I'm sure they left it open enough to make another if they really wanted to, but it's currently not their intention.

I can't stress this enough, it was an EXCELLENT movie, and I'm buying the DVD.

Best answers
Pain said:
i stand by my original statement

and someone had the balls to say i was wrong, psh
Your obviously taking that too far, and now I have the balls for you to propose you stop talking about it. I saw that movie, and I can tell you it wasn't as good because a few of you decided to go against the creator's wishes and post spoilers. I scrolled through and accidently read a spoiler. Try reading the thread name over a couple times if your not seeing it, since something obviously isn't quite clicking in there. **EDIT** (nice title change, Hibbah :p)

The movie was excellant, I thought the ending was just fine. An excellant trilogy IMO, and will most likely be remembered for as long as Star Wars.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now now lets settle down before this goes any farther

and i myself throughly enjoyed revolutions i thought it was one of the best movies ive ever watched (super burly brawl > all) and its a damn shame they arnt doing any more cause i really would like to know what happened to neo..

ps i changed the topic to be accurate

Best answers
going tose it on sunday cant wait :) PLus cant wiait till mmporg of Matrix Online comes out :):):):) or Enter the matrix 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Your obviously taking that too far, and now I have the balls for you to propose you stop talking about it. I saw that movie, and I can tell you it wasn't as good because a few of you decided to go against the creator's wishes and post spoilers. I scrolled through and accidently read a spoiler. Try reading the thread name over a couple times if your not seeing it, since something obviously isn't quite clicking in there. **EDIT** (nice title change, Hibbah :p)

The movie was excellant, I thought the ending was just fine. An excellant trilogy IMO, and will most likely be remembered for as long as Star Wars.
if there is a thread about a movie/show whatever it is only logical that some type of spoilers will be shown. its your own fault it wasnt as good... something just isnt cllicking in there o_O

you might try admiting i was right considering the PAGE of spoilers. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they explain in matrix 2 that something like 99% of the people in the matrix ACCEPT the programming, and would prefer not to exit into the ****e-hole that is the real world. "Ignorance is bliss." So the comps had no reason to free all the humans because most of the humans don't even want to get out. (I think.) But the people in Zion are allowed to reproduce amongst themselves since they aren't trying to steal enough lil babies.

Could I think of a better ending? I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea at the end they said something like, will you free the ones that want out?
somewhat implying that some of them would want to stay inside.

Best answers
well i saw the movie and i must say i love this trilogy. perfect ending and very unique at that. yea so what if you can see some what of the way it ends....it was a good ending. to those of you who say you hate it, all i can say is you guys must have been smokin something before you went cause that movie is no where near bad -_-. i also see it that when someone says a movie sux that they didn't understand it so they say it sux to just say something. and another thing was i the only one annouyed that everytime that one guy fired he kept screaming EVERY TIME! my god it was so annouying lol but kinda funny but any way yea it was a great movie with a great ending even though a lot are saying it sux i guess their not as big as "computer nerds" as the people who enjoyed it very much.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard it was overrated, and now I'm unsure if I should see it in theatres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom