Revolutions Kicked Ass - Critics On Drugs(Lots of Spoliers)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The story is a technological twist on the ever infamous and ever crack influenced story of jesus christ. It isn't god's story becuase if it was then it would be accurate (assuming there is one being that controls and watches over all). In saying this the wbs didn't just look at christianity, they looked at other religions as well. Best example is the oracle talking about a program for each thing. A program watches over the birds, over the trees, over the wind, etc... This isn't the first piece that the wbs have made a movie on a myth/story. I believe one of their last ones was based on odyseus (not sure if spelled correctly).

Retired
Best answers
Hindoeism is also a big aspect, remember sati and her parents? btw Sati is the first program who was created out of love...

Boedism is also a big aspect in matrix 1, neo is boeda. the matrix itself can be seen as 'suffering'. he realizes suffering is an illusion and can be overcome ('there is no spoon').

I think the christianity aspect is quite clear to most of you (neo is the messiah).

in revolutions there is toaism, balance etc. neo and smith are counterparts. good does not overcome evil and vice versa. everything has to be balanced. meaning good will never win over evil, and evil will never win over good.

Best answers
I just saw Revolutions yesterday... and it
Kicked
My
Ass

Excellent ending! It was an excellent move not to let just one faction win, but to let both factions make peace.

I was a little disappointed with the Super Brawl (Neo vs Smith). Sure, it was cool with all the flying and stuff (DBZ!!:p), but a little too short. The same goes for the confrontation between Neo and Bane. Short, but sweet.

The storyline was excellent, as was the pwnage action involving the APU's.... Mifune going postal against the army of squiddies... w00000t!!!

All in all, a fantastic conclusion to a fantastic trilogy.

Although one thing's bothering me.... When Smith turned the Oracle into a clone of himself, the clone started laughing in a Dr. Evil (Austin Powers) kind of way...

Best answers
Matrix rev. OWNED!!!!!

but umm is it just me or did Neo and Smith their fight look abit like advance melee o_O

Retired
Best answers
XXX said:
Matrix rev. OWNED!!!!!

but umm is it just me or did Neo and Smith their fight look abit like advance melee o_O

yes I bet they stole that from ESF..

:fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
yes I bet they stole that from ESF..

:fight:
Or maybe ESF Devs knew about that scene before the movie was ever
out :p

anyway...
The Part when Neo was fighting Bane(Smith Clone) was annoying.
When the area went dark and the room started to flash, that scene
started to hurt my eyes for a while and it was hard to see what was
going on for a little bit too. Someone in the theatre could've ended
up having a seizure :p

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, the camera annoyed me as well. I have to say that I like how they actually used martial arts outside of the matrix proving that they don't become dumb when unjacked...

Retired
Best answers
Scorcher2k said:
Ya, the camera annoyed me as well. I have to say that I like how they actually used martial arts outside of the matrix proving that they don't become dumb when unjacked...

indeed, well thats quite logical aswell, since they learned martial arts, but ofcourse can use it very nicely in the matrix. but it just shows that a real battle in the realworld is totally different even tho you can do martial arts.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now that you guys have mentioned it, I did like the way the battle in the realworld was just like fights are in real life... Clumsy.

It wouldn't have flowed well for Neo to be pulling off acrobatics while fighting Bane in the real world, even if he did acrobatics that were humanly possible

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
didnt seem to me like they were doing any sort of martal art

but was ok

wasnt as good as the super burly brawl or the zion fight

Retired
Best answers
well I thought the fight between bane and neo was very realistic. you could see neo used his martial arts in the fight when he got blind. he beat bane straight out. but before that it was very realistic. just because you know how to fight etc, doesnt mean you become invincible. and thats what that fight scene showed a bit. it showed the difference between the dream world and the real world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know about you guys, but I laugh at Smith everytime
he talks. So many reasons...

1.) He looks like my *** uncle
2.) He also looks like the gman from Half-Life
3.) Everytime he gets his ass kicked I laugh... I dont know
why, its like he puts this funny look on his face.

followed by "Hello there, Mister Anderson"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
did you laugh when neo got his ass kicked by him aswell? :)
Well not really... he has to put that lame ass face he always puts... An example
is when he was bane and had Trinity held hostage for a sec... :p

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought the close up punch from Neo was the funniest part of the movie, I think half the theatre i was in was laughing and making remarks..

Neo got stomped honestly, he never really got a good advantage on Smith. They were about equal, but smith was a little stronger. probably because of all those other programs, people, and the oracle he controlled. it was funny how neo and trinity went above the clouds and saw the sun.

*edit* i'm also wondering what everybody thought about the fact that neo saw everything in beams of light when we went blind. i thought that was very cool and it made sense for the power of the one to reach reality.

Retired
Best answers
He saw that because he's connected to the source, and he could see anything that was made by the machines (which are also connected to the source). he couldnt see trinity when she died, but he could see bane (smith a computer made program was inside of him).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom