Return of The Swoop Dust Trails

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
In 1.3 can you guys please bring back the swoop dust trails. PLEEAAASEEE.
Maybe it's only me but esf feels like it is missing something without the swoop dust trails. I remember in ESF 1.1, I used to always play on large levels with water (particularly ESF_ISLAND) because it gave a stronger DBZ feeling when you see to people fighting. One person starts to swoop toward the other player while raising all the water and melee him hard and he fly all the way across the ocean. :( I miss it so :( .

Please , PLease, Please bring it back.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I remember, wasn't that removed because it was associated with a bug?

-Karrde-

Best answers
Yes plz bring it back......

Or if it does some bugs or something.. Lags..... Then make it optional.... Plz.....

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There was no bug, they said it lagged but I never ever ever ever ever ever ever saw that happen...At ALL. I know ESF is all about gameplay but it should look good also. The Swoop dust trails give a strong DBZ feeling to the mod.

EDIT: I hope the team replies to this thread

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it was to be put back in, it should be off by default.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i miss the lag that was caused by it.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Was the lag really that unbearable jp. I never seen any lag with it on :shocked: ?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... when i was playing esf my framerate went from 70 to 20 when i swooped and sometimes even 10... i know ESF is more demanding in processor power, but i have 2 gig processor... hl should run fine... and when i used that swooping dust, it just lagged like crazy.

But i am sure that the good ESF coders can do something about that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just have as optional an optional graphics feature

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way it was coded is why it lagged. theres no reason something that minor would lag. its just that these are coders for a hobby, no big producting people here. so theres going to be coding problems with lag and such.

A game like this really shouldnt need this much proccesing power to run it. its half-life engine for crying out loud!

but i say add it back by default off though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i never had any lag with the dust trails.... and my PC is 1.6 ghz o_O with a Geforce 5200FX :/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well thats you
i have a 550MHz PC and i cant aford anything more THX to the drivers licence costs :S

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had an old 400 Mhz pc couble months ago, and i played ESf 1.1 with Dust Trails and it didnt lag much only when 5 people at the same time swoop to ya.

but it still would be nice to have them back

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
I had an old 400 Mhz pc couble months ago, and i played ESf 1.1 with Dust Trails and it didnt lag much only when 5 people at the same time swoop to ya.

but it still would be nice to have them back
well 1.2 has more swooping and i lag in some maps by just looking in a direction :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dust trails could be turned off anyway for those on lower end systems, so what does it matter? bring em back

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
just put it back as a cvar then :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
dust trails could be turned off anyway for those on lower end systems, so what does it matter? bring em back
Its just one of those, I cant have it, noone should! but those that are complaining about lag cant really say anything if it comes back off by default though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
Its just one of those, I cant have it, noone should! but those that are complaining about lag cant really say anything if it comes back off by default though.
or its just one of thoes, they cause too much fps loss and problems for a tiny small effect that no one notices

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom