Replacing moves question.. help

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Lets say I don't like a model's look but I like how he does his moves (Like basic melee is nice looking kick) and I have another model that I like its looks but his moves looks bad.

How I can give the ugly model moves to the nice looking model?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you have to decompile the model, get the reference smd (the actual mesh) and assign/rig it to the other models skeleton.
Quite a lot of work.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Anyway you can do it tutorial like? Or you got one?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
moves=animations, right?
as for the tutorial... ask help from the modelers on this forum ;)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
they won't help, if they did they post here already.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if this thing you want requires a lot of work and free time then they won't post that fast!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
if u like how the model looks but u dont like his animations, just decompile import the reference.smd as ready said (goku.smd for example) after u imported it, u start animateing it, after ur done, u export the animation to as animation.smd ( idle.smd for example) and recompile the model and its done,
but animateing is rough, its hard to get a smooth realistic move(atleast for me)

anyway, in milkshape its done this way

pres the Anim. buton in the botom right part of the screen ,and milkshape is in animateing mode, u move the model's bones into the desired position and than go animate> set key frame , and ur first key frame on the frame bar is set, u go to the next frame in the frame bar, and set the next postion, thats abbout it atm, hope u understand what i said ;)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well if they're both already the same char (such as two Goku), chances are they might already be rigged on the same skeleton already. If that's the case, all you'll have to do is decompile both models, grab the animation you want (deep_idle.smd, for instance) from the model you don't like and replace it on the one you do like. Then recompile and it should work.

If the two models had different skeletons though, you would have to rig it on the proper skeleton, then replace the animation and recompile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom