Remove Basic Melee

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many times do you get guys who just whack you about untill your dead?

If not how about they knock you and fire a blast/beam which will surely kill you before you have a chance to defend youself?

If you remove basic melee it becomes a game where you need skill not drinking 10 cups of coffee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, because depending on random arrows is just sooooo much more skill based. :rolleyes:

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have a good point, maybe another way of melee could sort that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't have the skill to use it, then that's your problem, stick to fighting noob and lose every battle. This melee allows for many, MANY combinations, and is also very challenging to fight with.. I assume you're new to the game, and met a very skilled player which owned you into the ground with basic melee..

Basic melee requires minimum one month of hard training, before you're even decent at it, so I suggest you shut up on that point. I never drank coffee to get good in basic melee >.<

Advanced melee is so unskilled you won't believe how many noobs master it in a day, I know I did. Making a new kind of melee, maybe something to replace advanced melee? Because this melee isn't very advanced..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
keep basic melee, but i dont htink all the fighting should be done with it.. most of the time it is

i say basic melee should cost more ki. the weaker the hit, the less ki. the stronger the hit, the more ki. since basic melee is a hard knock back, the cost of ki should go up. compared to advance melee, which is more upclose combat, the ki usage is minimal.

Best answers
Basic melee is what made ESF 1.1 better than 1.2...
Lets not kill Esf guys...

Best answers
When I first saw the title of this thread, I asked myself "WTF? Who's so stupid to remove such a dragonballish move?" And I still don't know, how much of a noob do you have to be to proclaim that adv. needs more skill than basic...

And BTW: however I still don't know how melee can be more fun without adv.? I know, skill etc. But that's boring. Just whacking yourself all the time with knockback... I say this: keep both of them, but improve adv. cause all you need is pure luck to win, no skill is needed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger said:
If you don't have the skill to use it, then that's your problem, stick to fighting noob and lose every battle. This melee allows for many, MANY combinations, and is also very challenging to fight with.. I assume you're new to the game, and met a very skilled player which owned you into the ground with basic melee..

Basic melee requires minimum one month of hard training, before you're even decent at it, so I suggest you shut up on that point. I never drank coffee to get good in basic melee >.<

Advanced melee is so unskilled you won't believe how many noobs master it in a day, I know I did. Making a new kind of melee, maybe something to replace advanced melee? Because this melee isn't very advanced..
Heh... Basic melee isn't hard at all anymore - All you do is hit them, and then nail them with a 2nd free hit, and then the only part that takes some extra skill is catching them for a 3rd or 4th hit. Even that isn't nearly as hard as it used to be. If it took you a month of hard practice to get good at getting some free hits... then I don't know what to think. The only thing that's hard or takes skill in ESF is swooping and teleporting. Outmanuevering your enemy is where the real skill is, becuase if you can't do that, you can't get a hit. You use the same type of manuevering for adv.melee that you use for simple melee so the only difference between simple melee and advanced, is after you catch your enemy in advanced and choose to do combos, your enemy has a chance of fighting back and turning the fight around. In my opinion, it takes a bit more skill to do that than to add a few more hits to an enemy that flying back slow enough to catch by just swooping. No one likes randoms either, but until the team finds something else, that's what it's going to be. At least with randoms, you can usually guess your opponents style and still block them. With simple melee, once you're caught, you just have to take it. It's the same reason why people hate throwing, but most people don't complain about it, and instead call advanced melee "noobish".

I know I'm not the best, but I'm one of the better players out there, and I use advanced melee much more than simple melee, so before you call it "noobish" you should take your 1337 simple melee skills up against me and see how well you do. (excluding Sarutobi, Gohan, and apparently Kusunagi -_-)

I still like basic melee, and think that ESF wouldn't be ESF without it, but when it comes to skill, it doesn't really lie in either of the melee types, just your ability to manuever. In my opinion, if they increased the speed of knockback in simple melee, to what it used to be or at least close to waht it used to be in 1.0-1.1, then you could say that simple melee takes more skill.

Best answers
Keep basic melee! "Advanced" melee is boring and depends completely on luck anyway, no randoms = no hits.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what you guys dont get is that we were TRAINED in advanced melee either by teachers or by ourselves. for example one of my teachers helped me get better at it by getting 2 of his friends to double team me that took alot of training and hardwork to accomplish so if you get rid of basic melee you get rid of 3 quarters of the esf players

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basic is for pro's, advance for the new ones....I SAY KEEP BASIC MELEE!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense, but if their were no rules and the people here didn't have courtesy, you would seriously public enemy #1. I get what your saying, it's difficult at times keeping a "good sport" attitude when pounded by basic melee, but if you take the out, the game fast pace feature will basically diminish. Adanced melee is NOT bad imo, *cough*makres 1.2 better*cough* it adds another style to the game, but I really only use it as a "breather" since all you have to do is watch what arrows pop up and the game does the rest, cuz flying around at super speed, aiming, teleporting, and dodging repititively can be nerve-wracking.

Best answers
i think they should detail it more like actually seeing the model coming and hitting him in the jaw or the stomache instead of just seeing them hit in one spot and they get hit. They need to detail basic melee more so it can be even more better, just keep whats there but give it an upgrade so it can be much better.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let's keap it simple kid, no basic melee is no esf.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is strange I dont even think he voted yes for his own poll.
It just shows us how "badly" he wants it gone.

Basicmelee is the only thing I believe should remain constant about this game. Remove the beams. Remove the transforms. Remove the radar. But keep the basic melee, its the BEST THING that shows how good ESF is. Its probally the most origionaly programed attack in the HL MOD community.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can call it just a game if you want, but when you ruin it for other players its enough.

I, my self, i dont know about you, but I dont like getting kick spammed.
Yes, it is spam.
When you only press g,e and hold the right mouse button its spam.
Theres no skill involved....

You just point and press g, its stupid.
Especially when they ascend, it just makes it easier for them to spam.

Its not even fun.
Just getting knocked back and up its stupid.

Then if you say something about it they call you a noob or whatever no matter what your skill is.

Do something about melee jesus, make it so that if they kick you twice you will need to stop and gain ki, that would give the other person at least time to press a button, opposed to the rolling back delay, plus the little... recoil slow motion...stop thing.

I'd rather get mercilessly killed with beams, at least i can get away from those momentarily.

And even though adv melee isnt that advanced...
Its better than holding 1 button by far. Getting alot of randoms is aggrivating and luck based, but when your on the other end of the kick spammer its luck on your side if you get a chance to move.

At lest in adv melee you need to use the directional buttons, and if you have a chance to hit them back and gain pl. When your getting kick spammed your ****ed, its pointless.

Do something about basic melee. Its stupid...
I can see how its fun to kick people into the ground, but jesus, after about you know, the first hour and a half, it gets old.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can call it just a game if you want, but when you ruin it for other players its enough.

I, my self, i dont know about you, but I dont like getting kick spammed.
Yes, it is spam.
When you only press g,e and hold the right mouse button its spam.
Theres no skill involved....

You just point and press g, its stupid.
Especially when they ascend, it just makes it easier for them to spam.

Its not even fun.
Just getting knocked back and up its stupid.

Then if you say something about it they call you a noob or whatever no matter what your skill is.

Do something about melee jesus, make it so that if they kick you twice you will need to stop and gain ki, that would give the other person at least time to press a button, opposed to the rolling back delay, plus the little... recoil slow motion...stop thing.

I'd rather get mercilessly killed with beams, at least i can get away from those momentarily.

And even though adv melee isnt that advanced...
Its better than holding 1 button by far. Getting alot of randoms is aggrivating and luck based, but when your on the other end of the kick spammer its luck on your side if you get a chance to move.

At lest in adv melee you need to use the directional buttons, and if you have a chance to hit them back and gain pl. When your getting kick spammed your ****ed, its pointless.

Do something about basic melee. Its stupid..
I can see how its fun to kick people into the ground, but jesus, after about you know, the first hour and a half, it gets old.
basic melee is already gonna be harder and you should know that but from what your saying people who only use advanced melee are spammers as well

although you have a point it has gotten mindlessly simple to just hit someone with basic melee, i consider it more skillful that relying on a random button to fivht

if you knew how to basic melee well enough and you fought a really fast opponent like a -)Z(- member you would understand why we like it so much, its has a pretty good thrill to be fighting lightning fast

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not a thrill to be pummeled off the ceiling and down to the ground.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is a trill when you do it for cho.
Learn it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom