Religion in politics

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can call me and my beliefs whatever you please, but you'll never shake my faith. That was an awful lot of slander thrown specifically at me for the last few posts.

Frankly I think you people think yourselves pretty high and mighty if you look down at religion as something you can sweep under the carpet in order to free yourselves from society's ethical qualms. I make my political decisions based on what I believe in, and you can't stop that; I wish you'd stop trying. Only an atheist would believe that religion can be totally ignored in favor of so-called "progress". One can only say that if they think that the laws of a nation are personally more important to them than the laws set by a higher being. For me, and a LOT of people, the opposite is true.

I still think comparing any religion as it exists now to what it was any more than 100 years ago is rediculous. I don't CARE about the Crusades, I don't CARE about the now undone oppression of the Catholic Church, I don't CARE about the meaningless sect-squabble over "Catholicism vs. Protestant". Because the people of today are not the people of back then. That's done, over, behind us. Hanging the occurrences of hundreds of years ago over the heads of people who's Great Great Grandfathers never even lived to witness is rediculous. We live in a rather civilized age. Judge people's beliefs based on what they are NOW, now what they were 200 years ago. You can't live in the past. In this case, history does not repeat itself, because I know the goodness of Christians today is an impressive thing to say the least. "Turn the other cheek", THAT'S what we're taught as children. That God would rather we fought with our words, our spirits and were humble. Do not make us out to be violent people, because that, frankly, is bull****.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
You point out all the good possibilities of tampering with genetics, but the losses out-weigh the benefits if you grasp the full potential of genetic power, the most potent force mankind has ever tapped, and toy around with it like a kid who found his Dad's gun. We're not old enough to handle that gun, and likely we're going to hurt ourselves or others by messing about with it.
Seriously now?

Says who? What losses? Nothing but speculation, fear mongering and soap boxing, so give me a break.

J-Dude said:
Judge people's beliefs based on what they are NOW, now what they were 200 years ago. You can't live in the past.
Coming from the guy, who said, and I quote "Tolerating is ALL I can do. The city of Sodom was DESTROYED by God because of rampant homosexuality. I can't support it." You're such a hypocrite, it's staggering.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, a lot of evangelists use fear mongering to spread insanity that leads to corruption, just like our govern... wait...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer church and state to be seperate for reasons that are quite obvious after having observed this thread.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Optimus Prime:

1: Keep on saying that until somebody tries out a patented genetic fix to a disease and the baby is born allergic to oxygen or something. You can't do genetic tests one HUMANS without HUMAN subjects.

2: How DARE you?! There's a big difference between life-lessons in the Bible and trying to say that people are what they were 200 years ago! If that were the case, then we'd still be enemies of the British! Not to mention most, if not ALL of the pointed-out murderous atrocities committed by believers of God were committed by SECTS of Christianity, NOT Christianity itself! The sects of Catholicism, Lutheranism, Mormonism, Protestants, and whatever else exist, WERE NOT MEANT TO EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE. Christianity was meant to be non-denominational, which is how I follow it. I don't follow other mortal people who interprate the Bible for others. I do so for myself, as does my entire family. Non-Denominational Christianity is the only TRUE form of Christianity. How many wars were started by those who followed the Bible, and not the words of people trying to "interprate" it?

I'll hold my tongue on a lot of things, but I won't stand to have anyone even TRY to infer that I am a hipocrite!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're a hypocrite, J-Dude. Find the part where Jesus told us to love one another and then find the part where he told us not to judge each other. Despising homosexuals doesn't sound very tolerant of you. Nor does denying them the same rights heterosexuals enjoy.

Find me where Jesus said homosexuality being wrong. If I planned this correctly (and I did), you're about to get wtfpwned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus did go around preaching peace and whatnot with 12 guys in dresses...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And never took a wife.

I'm not saying it, but you're thinking it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you think the same as me, too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sect /sɛkt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sekt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a body of persons adhering to a particular religious faith; a religious denomination.
2. a group regarded as heretical or as deviating from a generally accepted religious tradition.
3. (in the sociology of religion) a Christian denomination characterized by insistence on strict qualifications for membership, as distinguished from the more inclusive groups called churches.
4. any group, party, or faction united by a specific doctrine or under a doctrinal leader.
Which types of "sects" are you referring to J-Dude?

Also, Vox wins this round. He just owned you. D:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not yet I didn't. He needs to post so I can counter everything he says with facts from the bible, and from modern Christian teachings.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shh! Don't tell him that! Christianity came first, MC!

Jews are imperfect Christians according to Ann Coulter (Religious zealot and attention whore).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're a hypocrite, J-Dude. Find the part where Jesus told us to love one another and then find the part where he told us not to judge each other. Despising homosexuals doesn't sound very tolerant of you. Nor does denying them the same rights heterosexuals enjoy.

Find me where Jesus said homosexuality being wrong. If I planned this correctly (and I did), you're about to get wtfpwned.
I AM NOT A HIPOCRITE!!!! I DON'T despise homosexuals!!! My friend is a good person and we never speak of his forbidden preference! Hate the sin, love the sinner! That's what I do! I ginore it! I hope one day he disowns his preference and comes to the righteous side of the spectrum, because I would be extremely sad if he were denied entry to heaven for that one unfortunate technicality. I WANT to feel differently, but I cannot! Sodom was a haven for homosexuality among lord knows how many other sinful deeds, and God sent angels to raze it to the ground! I'd like to support homosexuality, but I cannot! Do you remember what hapenned to the wife in the story of Sodom when she looked back longingly at the place? She was turned into a pillar of salt!

And so what if Jesus never mentioned homosexuals? The New Testament doesn't take away from the lessons of the Old Testament, only reinforce them, or otherwise make them more clear for our simple mortal minds.

You seem to act as though belief in Jesus and belief in God were two different things, as though we only followed one. But we follow the Trinity, my friend. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. Forgive me, but I fail to see your "pwnage".

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Jewish bible is basically the only thing I'd consider reading, if I really needed to read religious literature.

People have acted with religion as a shield enough for me to know what probably is in the book anyways.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@MC: Well aware, yes. I am not an idiot.

@Vox Dei: Actually, the Jews are considered "The Chosen People". They are blind to aknowledge Jesus, but that is not their fault. They are our brothers. I have the utmost respect for them.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@MC: Well aware, yes. I am not an idiot.
I apologize if I implied that you were. I was just curious since you stated that Christianity was meant to be non-denominational, yet Christianity itself is a sect of Judaism.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I apologize if I implied that you were. I was just curious since you stated that Christianity was meant to be non-denominational, yet Christianity itself is a sect of Judaism.
I understand. Jesus however has proven himself to be who he says he is however. The other sects were by none other than simple mortal people. I believe it was one of the disciples who actually betrayed Jesus' intentions and formed the Catholic Church.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not yet I didn't. He needs to post so I can counter everything he says with facts from the bible, and from modern Christian teachings.
I thought the Bible also 'taught':
-Dislike people who do not believe in the the 'LORD'
-Spread the 'word of God' upon others (Preach and shove your religion unto others)
-Dislike people who are homosexual
-Dislike people who are of different skin colour
(Not 100% sure on this, thus why I 'thought,' please clarify this)

"I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces..."
That doesn't sound like a very nice God either... What is the full quote?

But yeah, stop picking on J-Dude for being overzealous and a radical religious believer whom changes his very personality according to a book.
We cannot and should not attempt to change his beliefs nor challenge them or him.(Because we 'lost' our souls already to Satan, J-Dude will go to heaven and we will all burn in eternal damnation in Hell!)
=(

But anyways, Best presidential candidate was JFK. We need more like him.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ok, one thing guys, this is aimed at a few posts in here, this is a debate threads, so if you want to rape and attack a point someone has made, I'm all for it.

HOWEVER
If you're going to attack someone personally (saying you pwned someone isn't an attack, by the way) then butte out of the thread. J-Dude seems to be a popular guy to slam in the threads like these, remember, if you want to slam anything, SLAM HIS POINTS, NOT HIM AS A PERSON, and the same goes for anyone else.

PWN THE GAME NOT THE PLAYA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom