Real Cell Shading

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
still esf is not for cell shading style, for cell shading they may would use another technique to skin. The effect is almost the same wich you can get over model editing, nice.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
true, "real" cellshading uses a different technique on the actual model skins.
though it can actually look rather nice on ESFs semi-realistic skins (or however you may want to call it)

made this a couple of months ago in 3dmax with final toon... I kind of like how it turned out :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
true, "real" cellshading uses a different technique on the actual model skins.
though it can actually look rather nice on ESFs semi-realistic skins (or however you may want to call it)

made this a couple of months ago in 3dmax with final toon... I kind of like how it turned out :)
Man youre great, i saw the pick and i shouted "OMF That's a dream came true" even pinched myself to be shure. Nice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like it too but its not esf =( such a kind of cellshade would be nice, but not the hl ones.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
PiXel said:
i like it too but its not esf =( such a kind of cellshade would be nice, but not the hl ones.
I knew that, but the illusion that it could be esf was nice.

Best answers
Ohh that looks really nice...will try that in FP(models are easy to cel-shade per code..but the world,dunno)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe after the team finish this game they culd to a cell shading version like Dj-Ready demonstrate only after they finish it ,and only if they want that

Best answers
I think this would be a nice graphical touch for the game, if it's possible. It really works with the current style of the maps/models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom