Real Cell Shading

Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Messages
203
Best answers
0
There is a plugin for quake 3 that makes everything cell shaded.
I wonder if that is possible for half-life(and esf ofcourse), since half-life is a more advanced verion of the Quake 2 engine. What do u think of this??
Oh and this is a version of BfP with the cell shade plugin
 
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
3,089
Best answers
0
Cell Shading king of sucks this models ar way beter normal then Cell shading
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Messages
203
Best answers
0
Models will look cooler if they had a Budokay look, becouse they would look more like the real thing.
And BTW: It's not just the models, it's the whole game, or maps(whatever)
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
Man that picture looks like crap. >.<

Besides HL dosent suport Cell shading. Quake 3 Does.
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Messages
203
Best answers
0
Then is it legal for someone from the comunity to make an esf for q3 (if he had the right authorization)?
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
hl engine is a modefied q1 engine. so its lower then q3.

but i would love a ellshaded version though.
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Messages
203
Best answers
0
But what about my question?
Is that thing permited?
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
I think it isnt.

And to correct. the HL engine is a modified Quake 2 engine ^^
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Messages
203
Best answers
0
I already said that (read first post), i wish it were, imagine to play esf with the advanced grafics that the q3 engine could make
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
webber said:
I already said that (read first post), i wish it were, imagine to play esf with the advanced grafics that the q3 engine could make

Sorry for the mix up cause i wasnt correcting you. I was correcting Pixel ^^
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
hmmm q2? im not sure about that but i know that its modefied by quake, if its 1 or 2 or 3 i dont care.=P

though you wont be able to do something like that buddy, since its lower then q3 and what is lower then q2 and modefied i dont think is able to use cell shading, exepct its to much moedefied.
 
Senior Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 6, 2002
Messages
1,675
Best answers
0
webber said:
Then is it legal for someone from the comunity to make an esf for q3 (if he had the right authorization)?
K, firstly, q3's graphics are not that good. HL2 or even Quake 4 is out now, why would you bother remaking an entire game on an outdated engine?

But here's the main part of the answer to your question, is it legal? Of course it's legal. But it's not as easy as you seem to think it is.

Simply put, you would need to remake everything that ESF has, so you're looking at at least 2 years to remake and recode everything for Q3. And even then, since it's a different engine, it wouldn't play the same.

And back to my original point, Q3's graphics are horrid. They are way too shiny for their own good. And another point, that "cell shading" plug in you posted looks like utter crap.

So yeah, I think I answered your question.
 
New Member
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
36
Best answers
0
The Q3 engine has an advantage over HL2 or Q4...the engine source has been released. So you have the posibility to code in new things likle very huge maps or better looking cellshading.But remaking ESF on another Engine would be stuipd 'cause like Kama said, you would have to recode all and most of the contend.

Btw cellshading on models has been done and is possible in HL. Cellshading the world...dunno perhabs it would look odd.
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Messages
203
Best answers
0
Kama said:
K, firstly, q3's graphics are not that good. HL2 or even Quake 4 is out now, why would you bother remaking an entire game on an outdated engine?
Well the q3 engine is more accesible for low-end computers and it's not out dated, did you see the naruto mod based on this engine(or the departed ZEQ2)?
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
Ryokeen said:
The Q3 engine has an advantage over HL2 or Q4...the engine source has been released. So you have the posibility to code in new things likle very huge maps or better looking cellshading.But remaking ESF on another Engine would be stuipd 'cause like Kama said, you would have to recode all and most of the contend.

Btw cellshading on models has been done and is possible in HL. Cellshading the world...dunno perhabs it would look odd.
Cel-Shading on the Half-Life engine is not true Cel-Shading, it's just an imitation.

webber said:
Well the q3 engine is more accesible for low-end computers and it's not out dated, did you see the naruto mod based on this engine(or the departed ZEQ2)?
Dragon Ball Z games on good engines don't last very long, sooner or later, FUNimation will send the team of that modification a C&D letter. ESF has survived as long as it has because it was made on the Half-Life engine (in my opinion).

Also the Goldsrc engine is a heavily modified Quake I engine.
 
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
3,089
Best answers
0
hl engin rulez if you want to have the hole map cell shading just add in console this command befer you create a game , the first ting you do
gl_picmip 2
and then enter the game and the hole map will look like that
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
john_volkov said:
hl engin rulez if you want to have the hole map cell shading just add in console this command befer you create a game , the first ting you do
gl_picmip 2
and then enter the game and the hole map will look like that
Gl_picmip lowers the map detail.
 
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
3,089
Best answers
0
Yeah i know but it look's like that on 2
(even lower i don't fell the direfents)
 
New Member
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
36
Best answers
0
So you think that looks like the fake cal-shading ?



Sorry for using Kreshis Goku model in the screen.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top