Random homeing of Kametorps and Scatterbeam -- REASON

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know if this will help the team, but I would like to expand on the bug of (mainly) the Kame torps going to unknown "entities".

First off, I have figured this out after spending much time in my own server and realizeing that this bug isnt only in riverside. I have seen this bug in many maps includeing city, cell games, and canyon(the worst for some reason).

I dont know exactly how to explain the whole thing, but when people are leaveing the server like when spawning, thier character is thechnally still "there" (hince the halo bug, too). I have also seen the kametorps go to positions where people have gone spectator (Kame trop created and launched after he went spectator), and I have seen it go to where people left the server after they died. An other thing, I have seen it home where the bots have been kicked, more often than players. So maby a look into that also.

I shall make a suggestion about how kame torp should be changed in order for better things. I have seen kametorps move to the front of the player and then auctally get an other player and go a completely diffrent direction then waht I aimed at. Instead of makeing the kame torp's crosshair the standard cross, I reccommend something like a square that will home into whatever is inside the box.

...|
-----
...| (current crosshair)

|..................|
|..................|
--------------- (new kame trop crosshair)

And just have the kame torps home on a LIVE PLAYER in the box instead of the torps doing whatever they want. This, of course, doesn't fix the scatter beam doing the same stuff, but the scatter beam doesnt have all the attacks going in the same direction.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure this happens on all maps. And about the player still being there after they leave, you can go to spectator mode and scroll through players that already left the game :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Already been found and addressed I believe :).

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yah, thanks KWS for keeping on top of things, but the "bot homing bug" was already found, and if it hasn't been addressed already, expect it in the next release.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this isnt for only bots. Kame torps also randomly home in on human players that have left also.

Best answers
hes right because everytime i killed someone in one spot and there in another alive it goes to the spot were they died before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom