Question for the ESF Team

DMW

Best answers
Why do you guys insist on only adding the dbz saga characters and not the movie characters. It still takes place during DBZ just in a dif time period.Such as broly movie 1 took place sometime after freeza saga and before the cell saga.The movie characters would make a great addition to the game.I know that I would definitly like to see broly or cooler, bojack,Pikkon(I know he is a dbz saga character and a movie)ect. I mean why not make the mod better with more popular characters.Please answer and I wont beileve anyone but
the ESF team.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The only place I could manage to make Broli Appears fit in the dbz timeline would be the 10 days before the Cell games and that's just a best fit not a perfect fit.

If you read the sticky then you would know that they said that ESF is a DBZ series mod only, with no GT or Movie content so there's your answer.

Even if it was more than a series mod not all of the possible characters have enough moves, Pikkon has only Thunder Flash Attack as far as I can remember. Broli used an un-named green blob attack most of the time. Cooler had a couple of attacks but they were the same as Frieza's.

Best answers
I personally think using only canon characters is a good idea. You can ask the EVM team about adding movie characters though...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why the team are against non-canon characters, ESF doesn't have a storyline or timeline, and all characters are balanced so there's no case of a super powerful movie character making the game unbalanced, after all, it's not like Krillin could fight Buu and have a chance.

The only explaination is if a DBZ Movie crept into PcJoe's house and murdered his parents while they slept, thus creating a vengeful vendetta.

Oh, and Pikkon had the Whirlwind attack too, which was both offensive and defensive.

Best answers
It really doesn't sence 2 prime examples are Trunks when he dies "why? I dont get it" thats right from histroy of Trunks and ENOUGH! YOU'LL NOT MAKE A FOOL OF ME" is from movie 6 Coolers return (he fired a bigbang not a galit gun :rolleyes: ) those are from movies and they said no movie content is to be in ESF.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly I don't know either. I guess it would be too much work adding all those new characters if they did.

Best answers
personally I dont care about the move charactures but some of the attacks used are expanded eg. Goku in movie 7 drew in a spirit bomb and and to put it simplisic killed android #13 with his aura (plz no one ask for it)

All that matters is Gohan is in the game and he is as realistic as can be ;D

Best answers
some movie characters like broly have a much larger fanbase than Krillin, Cell, or Frieza so I dont see the problem in adding them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol goku's 2nd trasnformation sound is from the super sandroid 13 movie, but its all just for sound resources, cuz they used pain sounds from teh budokai games, so i dont see a big problem there.

Movie character and movie sounda are complty 2 categories, but i see where ur commign from.

Best answers
I remember that a member of the esf team once mentioned that SSJ3 Goku in ESF 1.3 will have "Dragon Fist". That move is from the DBZ movie too. Wonder if it is really true.

Best answers
DracoHeart said:
I remember that a member of the esf team once mentioned that SSJ3 Goku in ESF 1.3 will have "Dragon Fist". That move is from the DBZ movie too. Wonder if it is really true.
i am sorry to crush you're hopes but the Dragon Fist will not appear in esf 1.3, the only place you'll get it is in evm

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No i remeber it too, Hibiki and Sonicboyster said so, though they are not team members they were beta testers, so it may be true.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nabeshin said:
i am sorry to crush you're hopes but the Dragon Fist will not appear in esf 1.3, the only place you'll get it is in evm
Dragon Punch will be in it, "due to lack of extra moves on trans". Thats what i remember reading about.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats dragon punch? Isn't that from gt?

Best answers
Even though SSJ3 Goku lacks of moves, it shouldn't be Dragon Fist that will be the extra move for Goku. That violated the rules of no Movies/GT Content. It was them that set the rules of no GT/Movies content. So, I demand an explanation from the team. ;)

And Nabeshin, I ain't interested in evm no more. Evm have too many bad points. Unbalanced, unofficial crappy/missing models, crappy special moves. The only thing good about evm is the trans. Despite the trans, I rather play a bug-free balanced gameplay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No i remeber it too, Hibiki and Sonicboyster said so, though they are not team members they were beta testers, so it may be true.
Dragon Punch will be in it, "due to lack of extra moves on trans". Thats what i remember reading about.
Even though SSJ3 Goku lacks of moves, it shouldn't be Dragon Fist that will be the extra move for Goku. That violated the rules of no Movies/GT Content. It was them that set the rules of no GT/Movies content. So, I demand an explanation from the team.
Yup, I remember that thread, I created the damn thing. Hibiki did indeed say that. Read here:

Mention: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=48003
and
Discussion: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=48007

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though SSJ3 Goku lacks of moves, it shouldn't be Dragon Fist that will be the extra move for Goku. That violated the rules of no Movies/GT Content. It was them that set the rules of no GT/Movies content. So, I demand an explanation from the team.

And Nabeshin, I ain't interested in evm no more. Evm have too many bad points. Unbalanced, unofficial crappy/missing models, crappy special moves. The only thing good about evm is the trans. Despite the trans, I rather play a bug-free balanced gameplay
well i hate to contradict you here draco but they did not violate any of their own rules if youve ever watched the dragonball saga you would of saw goku defeating the original king piccolo with the dragon fist

and the team never said they wouldnt allow stuff from dragonball...

Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
well i hate to contradict you here draco but they did not violate any of their own rules if youve ever watched the dragonball saga you would of saw goku defeating the original king piccolo with the dragon fist

and the team never said they wouldnt allow stuff from dragonball...
Dragon Fist? it showed an ozaru(big monkey) only budoki 3 calls it that I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarkOwnz said:
if youve ever watched the dragonball saga you would of saw goku defeating the original king piccolo with the dragon fist
Not a Dragonfist, that was a mistake on Atari's part. I've seen it called 'Oozarugen' (Giant Ape Fist) which works for me. There was no dragon involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom