Question for PCJOE or ANYONE WHO KNOWS

Best answers
When i play esf. Sometimes not all the time it will just shut down on me and go back to my desktop how do i fix this???

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using OpenGL as your video mode? Check in CONFIGURATION.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have that happen and I'm using open gl... Whats happening when it does that groovy?

Best answers
make sure that your graphic drivers are all up to date and if that don't work i strongly recommend to unistall beta 1.1 and 1.0 and reinstall beta 1.0 then test then install beta 1.1 :)

Best answers
This happens to me all the time anyway, but only for ESF. Also, since 1.1 I can only join....about 2 out of 100 servers.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Many times, Software Rendering can't handle all the explosions/sprite movements in the games... and they often crash and return to desktop or hang.

That's why I asked to confirm whether he's using opengl. And yes, uninstalling esf completely and installing 1.1 full install would be a good try.

Best answers
mine used to do this as groovy said when i was using software rendering, but it changed it to openGL and all is good now, i'd double check if i was you...

Best answers
yeah im pretty sure im using opengl ill hit u back up on that

Best answers
This has happened to me on quite a few occaisions. I am definately using OpenGL, with the latest detonator drivers for my GF4MX.
I reasently applied the "increase fps" patch that grOOvy suggested and havent had the problem since. However, it could just be a coinsidence - try it out for yourself and see how it goes.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It can also be ram . . . low ram can, high AGP Aperture, and high heapsize can be a volatile mixture.

Best answers
Wat da he said that it also works on cs and other games its just beta 1.1 don't work good then that means your computer don't like it :( lol im joking.. i still rekon your graphics card because esf takes a bit of a drain !!

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your not trying to run ESF on a vodoo 1, are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom