Question bout Lag And Freezing

Best answers
I play for about 20-30 minutes before it finally stalls a bit.. then i have to press ESC and let it sit there for a minute before the lag finally finishes.. then when it does not even 5 minutes later it'll stop responding and forces me to close everything I have opened! I've done scandisk and such, nothing helpful occured in there. My system -can- play it because when I first got it I was able to play for long periods of time without lag or freeze. Ran spyware checks and virus checks as well. Any idea's on how to fix this small problem? (I also have my Internet connection set to cable, as I am on such)

-nalj10

PS. I also have a problem with seeing the opponent model when performing a throw.. my character just rotates then when I let go you see the opponent get launched.. Also with Aura powerups, nothing is seen.. SO, i downloaded a new aura from esf-world.com. Any idea whats wrong with that?

In compliance with the stuff above, the rocks when powering up on the ground are displayed as red boxes with the original stones within them. Any idea what that is?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
you are playing on won?

Best answers
You could adjust your cam controls, so you can see your opponent at anytime.

The other thing id say about lag is...just happens on servers over 300ping normally.

No real way to get rid of it...you could try disabling things but that would only help your fps.

Best answers
i Usually run my own servers to play against bots.. gotta be prepared at least a lil bit against the real players when the time comes. I'm lucky if I even make it to the first transformation at the rate I lock up at. I dont know what the ping or anything is on the server i am on.. where can I find out this information?

And usually, the game runs fine then huge lag spike then crash out of nowhere.

-nalj10

Also, do you know the reason why the sprite for the rocks and aura's dont work properly? Thanks. (If you need a screenshot to show you what I mean, then i would be glad to take one for you)

Best answers
Try cl_aurabend 1 and cl_3drocks 1

The lag thing happens with old comps :/

I get low fps and some lag (even on my comp)

Best answers
Right now i'm running a
Compaq Evo with:
XP
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
7.85 gig HDD (Sadly, my 80gig HDD was eaten by the Sasser)
2.39 GHz
248 MB RAM

Yes I know the RAM is a bit low as well as the HDD but unfortunatly I cant get a job yet, so upgrading my system is out of the question. Is there any problems that may be caused by my main hardware?

-nalj10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom