PS2 audio problem...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a slim PS2 today because my old one is pretty much toast.

I have the multitap that can convert between both PS2's (the madcatz one, it adjusts to be for the slim or the 'fatty' one). When I plugged it in to my BRAND ****ING NEW slim PS2--something I've done on tons of other slim PS2's--the sound gets all clippy and overmodulated!What the hell is the deal?!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well logically, if the sound is fine until you plug in the multi-tap... I'm guessing it's the multi-tap, not the PS2. Or it could be a new version slim PS2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why I thought I'd bring it up here and see if anyone else ever ran into the problem.

I just bought the multitap, and it is a really cool one, with a five foot extension cable and the ability to 'adapt' to either the fat or slim ps2. I really don't want to get rid of it--particularly since I KNOW I have used it on other slim PS2s and not had this problem (or at least not noticably).

I use the multitap for only my wrestling game. So I figure, if it's my PS2...I will just swap with my brother, who has a fat one. He'll be getting a brand new slim PS2, and since he never uses the multitap, he won't even have to deal with the sound issue. It's either that or I trade slim PS2s with my friend, whose is the one I plugged into before and didn't have a problem.

But I'd still like to figure out what it is. It seems rather odd to me that something I plug into the controller ports can screw up the sound anyway (and not the video at all). Must be some kind of grounding issue, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom