Progress!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayne said:
The current swoop being replaced by a dash, from what I am given, is not an improvement. The only swoop being a charged one and possibly even for travel only should be clear enough. This was mentioned earlier in the thread.
What's wrong with that? ESF is a fighting game, not a open-exploration game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
I wouldn't put much faith in anything Smith says either. He hates the community so he just up and quit, it's not hard to believe he would bad-mouth us.
How would hating the community lead to me bad-mouthing the development of ESF?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayne said:
Lol, Zone of the Enders... you know how long I stayed interested in that game? about three weekends at my friends house, then I tried to sell it off. I would like Esf 1.3 to live for more than three weekends, once its released. This is exactly the kind of dashing that I was talking about.
Well I think Zone of the Enders 2's Dashing system was worked well (and better than the first), but to each is own =X.

Eh, I just think when you give DBZ characters (However, I do not know if the dashing system will be this smooth/quick) dashing abilities like that, it should work well. As of now, we swoop about in a "circle" trying to hit each other. Dashing could keep the speed and lose the tediousness and make things less hectic.

Actually I haven't even seen a video of the dashing, so I can't really say much o_O

As for the charge swoop, maybe it's just one of those things that makes the the game more versatile. Let's say you just respawn or something and want to get back to fighting. You use the time you have of invulnerability to charge the swoop and explode into a fight. Could you have just normally swooped (dashed)? Yes. But it's things like that that can make a game stand out. Some could find it useless, some could find it as a nice little feature, to each is own.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
MC said:
What's wrong with that? ESF is a fighting game, not a open-exploration game.
Really, read the thread.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayne said:
Really, read the thread.
There's not much to read since most of it consists of complaining about something that hasn't been released yet. Why is this a bad thing? What's wrong with this change? I really don't get what everyones arguing about. You don't like one of the changes in 1.3, well you can't please everyone.

So what's the problem? ESF is all about fighting like I previously stated, and this change adds a new element to it by removing a previous one. I mean, you can always beam jump and not use the swoop.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If the team told the community of every little feature and had large discussions with them on it to decide to use it or not then it would be pointless to continue the mod as it would take decades to finally finish it.

I'm fine with them keeping things secret.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I've already made several counter-points to your argument
Actually, you've only made the same point over and over again, which has been countered by mine. Nice try though.
Sub said:
Now, this is on the record Pain. I'm partially right. 1/2 a point goes to Sub, who is now in the lead of this argument with a commanding half a point to zero.
All I can really say to this is.... learn to count please. Simply because I told you that you were correct has no bearing on winning an argument. If you were to convince me to hand out all of the information of our features (as it is obvious is the goal you're trying for) that would constitute a victory. By the way, it's not going to happen.
Sub said:
Just to make sure I understand your point for this one, do you mean like the way the tea tested and improved advanced melee in 1.2 when everyone said there was no point in having it, and would in fact be horrible?
Indeed, but the team is not the same as it was back then. This is also a fact you seem to neglect. You also forget to take into account that the "percieved failure" of 1.2 which you so like to bring up is also taken into account. I find it ironic, however, that now you're so adamantly begging us to keep it the same.
Sub said:
Really?

Honestly Pain, the way you called me a crybaby and told me I'm twisting your words [When I infact wasn't] really hurt my feelings. Then you turn around and forget it happened? That just hurts more man.
Please see the attached image.
Sub said:
Hating the forum community isn't the same as hating the gaming community nor is it the same as hating the dev team. Why would he just spout lies? He isnt part of the dev team, so there's no reason for it is there? Makes you wonder why he left the team, actually.
He hates the entirety of the ESF community. He left the beta testers and the staff on a whim. I didn't say he was spouting lies, but his comments are bathed in spite.
Smith| said:
How would hating the community lead to me bad-mouthing the development of ESF?
I don't know, how would a myspace lead to a leaked beta?
Sub said:
Your actions have said you don't keep your players in mind. The fact that we're not allowed to know anything shows that we don't matter in the decision process. The suggestions forum is there in order to keep people from posting them everywhere else.
My actions? So far everything I've said has more or less said that we respect the opinions of our players, but we won't be handing out information on unfinished features. Get that through your head.
Sub said:
What does my opinion have to do with releasing information? It's a separate thought
I fail to see how, when in every post you've made, you keep saying that your opinion matters so much, and that it would only help strengthen your argument if we gave you more information. Nice try but no dice.

Now, as I've said multiple times, this argument is pointless and unproductive. Dave shouldn't have given that info out, and you won't be getting any details on it, try as you might.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom