watching that movie makes me feel to play it. Its realy nice done
hope there are more movies coming out of other playstyles

COME ON 1.3 I CANT WAIT ANYMORE I WANNAAAAA PLAY :laff: :laff: :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Only when you powerup.
Man that does suck.
Is it just me, or can you see a trail during the first chain-swoop sequence?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I understand this correctly (And I'm hoping I don't), there's no more double tapping to swoop. You now must charge up swoop like an attack?

If so, I have to say, this could be the single worst thing to happen to ESF. Someone please tell me that this isn't charge to swoop. This is the same thing the team wanted to implement in 1.2 but everyone *****ed and they rejected the idea. Why would it be any different now?

When I was talking about ESF being broken, this is what I meant. Double tap to swoop is bad, charging to swoop is even worse.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you guys forgot that he mentioned "more suprises", maybe it will make up for it and maybe there are some specials or something.

Well I just hope it turns out right, I wonder how chainswooping will work though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
If I understand this correctly (And I'm hoping I don't), there's no more double tapping to swoop. You now must charge up swoop like an attack?

If so, I have to say, this could be the single worst thing to happen to ESF. Someone please tell me that this isn't charge to swoop. This is the same thing the team wanted to implement in 1.2 but everyone *****ed and they rejected the idea. Why would it be any different now?

When I was talking about ESF being broken, this is what I meant. Double tap to swoop is bad, charging to swoop is even worse.
:p I love watching you cringe at every oppertunity.

There will be more movement systems besides swoop. Swoop will be a long-range mode of transporation. Combat will become more focussed on close-range, and as such, there will be another mode of transportation for close-range combat.

In other words - You will not need to use the Swoop EVERY time you want to go somewhere.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe if the ESF team didn't mess up at every opportunity, I wouldn't have to cringe 'at every opportunity'? Or maybe if you actually let your community know exactly how you're about to ruin the game in advanced so we can be prepared. Just some suggestions.

Honestly, was that supposed to reassure me that everything is going to be ok? How about explaining **** instead of being needless vague. Why is there charged swooping? How is that easier for someone to grasp than double tapping? How does it improve the game over, say, something simple like having one button as a swoop button? [so for example, I press F, he starts swooping, I press it again, he stops]. Because from where I'm standing, this doesn't seem simple and it doesn't seem needed. It's going to add an artificial delay on swooping that's going to effect the game, even if you change it to be more close-range oriented..

I swear to God, am I the only person in this forum that actually speaks their mind about where the game is headed?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Sub said:
Maybe if the ESF team didn't mess up at every opportunity, I wouldn't have to cringe 'at every opportunity'? Or maybe if you actually let your community know exactly how you're about to ruin the game in advanced so we can be prepared. Just some suggestions.

Honestly, was that supposed to reassure me that everything is going to be ok? How about explaining **** instead of being needless vague. Why is there charged swooping? How is that easier for someone to grasp than double tapping? How does it improve the game over, say, something simple like having one button as a swoop button? [so for example, I press F, he starts swooping, I press it again, he stops]. Because from where I'm standing, this doesn't seem simple and it doesn't seem needed. It's going to add an artificial delay on swooping that's going to effect the game, even if you change it to be more close-range oriented..

I swear to God, am I the only person in this forum that actually speaks their mind about where the game is headed?
Just play the 1.3 beta and give me your opinion after you tried it.

oh wait.

ok I lol'd.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus, don't give me that prefabricated bull****. Everyone said the same thing about 1.2, they said wait 'till you play it before bashing it. That doesn't work, 1.2 ended up sucking and it was too late to say anything. How about we ****ing tell the community how the game will play for a change?

I can only give you my opinion based on what I know man. The only thing I know is what's been posted in the news article. If you don't want the communities opinion, close the topic.

Is the old "The team doesn't get paid for this mod" coming up next?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
sub said:
How about explaining **** instead of being needless vague.
In the force pit there is a lot less "vague".

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like it either to be honnest, Things are still wip, and im trying my best to persuade the rest of the team that I quite like what they're trying to do, even though i think they've got a few things wrong. Im quite glad you brought it up because everyone else is so oblivious to the implications. I just hope this doesnt change.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raeku said:
In the force pit there is a lot less "vague".
It's a word, look it up.

Regardless, I've seen what's in the forcepit, they still don't tell you much.

Thank you Dave. So two modes of swooping? One mode makes you go fast and you can start it much quicker. The other mode takes seconds to start and you go slower. It seems like a no brainer on which one to use.

I'm getting more and more frustrated here as we go on, lol. ESF should be simple, having two forms of swooping is only making it more complicated... Which, needless to say, isn't what the mod needs at this point.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
can someone upload it to youtube plz? i cant see it it says the system can not find the resource specified.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
LoL It doesnt work in Real Player and Windows Media Player but it works in DivX 6 LOOOOL

EDIT: Anyway it rocks btw why does goku have hes mouth open? from all DBZ i watched i never tought Chi Chi was such a "beast" if u understand me

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
One mode makes you go fast and you can start it much quicker. The other mode takes seconds to start and you go slower. It seems like a no brainer on which one to use.

Im sorry to any team members if you didnt want me to tell them these things, but please realise, im doing it out of concern for the mod more than anything else, everybody seems to ignore me or shoot me down with "we want a new system" without valuing what i have to say these days. Delete my posts if it really bothers you.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
david said:
I like the difference between the two, but the team's decided that swooping shouldnt be the focus of the game, and maybe shouldnt be used for melee, instead, the closer range dash is what you'll be using while fighting.
A dash? Im agreeing with Sub here, things dont sound like theyre heading in the right direction. Dashes in video games are usually the same, a short, straight burst in one directon. I hope you guys arnt trying to implement this kind of ****, hell, i might as well quit esf and go buy Budokai Tenkaichi if thats what the melee is going to be like. Yea, that stuff is really flashy and cool. Thats what people see at first, but it gets repetitive, then just boring. As it is now, Esf has tons of gameplay that actually requires precision and can remain fun after a year of playing nearly every day, even more for some who have been playing years.

Fast paced freedom and expandability like you said, David, is exactly what makes Esf great. Just moving forward, using your mouse to maneuver contains at least 90% of the gameplay that Esf defines, even though it sounds simple, it couldnt be anymore free or dynamic. Dont try to complicate it, all thats gonna do is restrict gameplay, even though some of it may look kind of cool.

This kind of thing is the reason why I would like to see at least one pro that plays esf every day as a beta tester, someone that knows what the games about to say "Esf is going good." or "Esf is ruined."

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have pros as beta testers, they have Dave, KWS and Pain, all of whom are very good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We were going to unveil the dash when the kinks have been worked out, seeing as it's even less polished than the Charged Turbo + Boosting at the moment. Thanks for just throwing it out there though, Dave.

As a note to team and testers, when one bitter user starts ranting about updates, you don't owe him an explanation.

Sub said:
Regardless, I've seen what's in the forcepit, they still don't tell you much.
Seeing as you don't have access, that can only mean that someone has leaked to you. As such, a warning is warrented, and since I don't know who leaked to you, you can take the warning in their place.

If you would like to clarify what you meant (PM me) the warning can be revoked.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sub said:
They have pros as beta testers, they have Dave, KWS and Pain, all of whom are very good.
Ive never fought any of them so I wouldnt know, though, Dave said he liked what they were trying to do. Thats some assurance at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom