Problems with ECX... oh dear.

Best answers
Ok, I find this very, VERY odd, and this has happened a lot, mind you. :rolleyes:

I've been trying to get ECX working on ESF for a while now. First few attempts had me confused, as nothing had changed in the game, despite me installing ECX into the ESF folder, as my friend,
who has an actual working copy of ECX, told me. I made sure I had ESF 1.2.3, and I had made sure that ECX had been installed into the ESF folder correctly.

Second attempt had been delayed, because I thought I couldn't uninstall ESF, because when asked to uninstall, I click 'yes', and the Uninstaller never opens. (Fixed that, by the way) And I actually ALMOST got ECX working. I got the ECX menu and HUD, but for some wierd reason, the ESF character selection screen did not change, and nor did it after I installed the latest Big Pack (I believe 1.4 was the one).

The second attempt, I installed ECX into the Half-Life folder instead of the ESF folder, and it worked, but the character selection screen was not affected.

I installed Big Pack both in the Half-Life folder and the ESF folder, still nothing.

I uninstalled Half-Life completely, thinking the game itself was the cause of the problem, reinstalled it and the mod, and, SURPRISE!

...Nothing changed. Again, ECX works, but the Character Select screen is intact. :-/

I'm at my wit's end here. Even my friend did not know what to do. By the way, this is ECX:RC2, in case any of you were to ask.

Also, before I forget, I'd better add in another detail...

It also seems like after ECX is installed, not even the characters themselves have changed. I've also tried installing ECX separately, then moving it's files into both ESF and Half Life, each with no results. Anyone ever have this problem, or a solution to it?

Thanks in advance!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Install ECX to half-life folder (in which esf folder is).

Best answers
Install ECX to half-life folder (in which esf folder is).
"Second attempt had been delayed, because I thought I couldn't uninstall ESF, because when asked to uninstall, I click 'yes', and the Uninstaller never opens. (Fixed that, by the way) And I actually ALMOST got ECX working. I got the ECX menu and HUD, but for some wierd reason, the ESF character selection screen did not change, and nor did it after I installed the latest Big Pack (I believe 1.4 was the one).

The second attempt, I installed ECX into the Half-Life folder instead of the ESF folder, and it worked, but the character selection screen was not affected."

Sorry for being an ass there, but I did mention that I have tried to install it into the Half-Life folder, and again, it almost worked, but the character select screen was unchanged. :(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any chances you are using AMXX for a pluggin?

ECX uses AMXX to run, so if you either dont add the addon folder to the ECX install (should be automatic unless you selected client only install), or if you updated AMXX, but forgot to include the ECX pluggins.

Since you say you have the sprites replaced, but ECX itself still isnt working, that leads me to believe that AMXX is the one screwing up for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom