Problems installing esf.

Best answers
I went to esforces.com

and i downloaded the newest file from gamespace

When i run the installer it goes like this:

1) Accept Agreement

2) Choose files to install (ESF,mp3s,Japanese voices,Steam menu music,desktop shortcut)

3) Then i choose a destination folder, but for some reason the button "Install" is disabled, even if i try changing my destination folder.
-I can post a screenshot if needed

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can only think of three questions to ask:

1.) Have you run HL before? If you've recently installed HL and have not run it, try doing that first and then install ESF.

2.) Are you sure you didn't download the ESF 1.2.3 dedicated server? If you did, then go back and make sure to download the other 1.2.3 installer.

3.) Did you download the full 1.2.3 installer or did you download the patch? If you got the patch instead, that could explain why it might not be installing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
I can only think of three questions to ask:

1.) Have you run HL before? If you've recently installed HL and have not run it, try doing that first and then install ESF.

2.) Are you sure you didn't download the ESF 1.2.3 dedicated server? If you did, then go back and make sure to download the other 1.2.3 installer.

3.) Did you download the full 1.2.3 installer or did you download the patch? If you got the patch instead, that could explain why it might not be installing.
what he is sayying pretty much sums up how you install esf. I dunno if you have setup half-life but here i go

1.Make sure half-life is setup on steam 2.Run Half-life once before you install esf (run the hazard course if it's the first time running hl as i belive it creates some nessacary mod files for the engine). 3 Install esf (Again , if your'e using the 1.2.3 full setup , then just hit install and it should be fine now , if you are using an older installer then install it and get the patches , an example , you have an esf1.2full installer , get all patches 1.2.1 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 and install them in ascending order)

you should now have esf setup and ready to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom