problems installing ESF

Best answers
every time i dl esf and try to install it it wont let me,says an ESF directory doesnt alrdy exist,even though i dl the "full" version.

Best answers
for sum reason when i try to install esf 1.2.2 it wont let me,i get as far sa choosing the destination,and the "Install" button is grayed out and it wont let em select it.even after updating esf to 1.2.1 it still wont let me install 1.2.2.when i try to play just 1.2.1 esf it, Steam wont let me do that either.steam wont run esf.

Best answers
esf runs with steam....

have u selected the right directory have u started Half-Life before? and the "full" version is only a version with all fixes and with the jap pack etc. but in the installation are no differences...

Best answers
Yeah i have been haveing the exact same problem, every single time i try to install ESF's i run into this problem, i has been awhile since i play'ed so i dont remember how i installed the game last time.

If someone could please post the exact location the game is suppose to be installed to??

For me its saying

c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\gamepro_expert\half-life

and i cant click next, its grayed out.

I have finished the entire game of HL2 and i have played a lot of hl2 deathmatch plus a lot of the hl1 mods.

Best answers
next istn greyed out,its "install" thats greyed out.could it be the ESF is a hl1 game and doesnt work with hl2?i only haev hl2 installed now.

Best answers
Can someone please post the exact dir that this is suppose to install to.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your halflife directory

The problem you are having is that you don't actually have halflife installed - right click on it in steam and click install game, then let steam download. Then, run it once so it creates all the directories.

Then you can install properly.

Best answers
weird, I have everything installed and i play counter strike and day of defeat all the time but only when i clicked on Half Life and loaded up single player and exited is when the installer finally let me install. thanks for the reply i finally have the game installed now.

Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
your halflife directory

The problem you are having is that you don't actually have halflife installed - right click on it in steam and click install game, then let steam download. Then, run it once so it creates all the directories.

Then you can install properly.
where do i find hl ni steam to right click on it?
and,is it possible to play ESF without having hl installed,
can u just put ESF into steam/hl?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if halflife is not in the steam games list, it means you have not yet entered a valid halflife cdkey - do you have one?

If you do - go to browse games at the bottom, then register a product you already own.

Best answers
i have 1 and i tried regestering the it,but it said it was alrdy in use.but how is that when i dont even have my hl installed?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I had a big problem with that too. So: 1)IMPORTANT: go out and by a game 10$
2)And when you buy a game register it:(cd-key)
3)Go to the servers and go to play one of the servers and he willl tell you that you need to donload something and he will do it by himself and then he will download or updeating and finally you should play hl on steam and play it once than your directory should be there now and install esf and play it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes - basically if your cdkey is not legit then you can't use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom