Problem loading ESF with steam

Best answers
For some reason, When I load ESF it starts up CS, but with a console opened. It also doesn't appear in the "My Games" steam menu. When Installing, the default directory is "Counter-Strike\HL.something".

Best answers
How do you load up ESF without it appearing in your "Games" menu?

The proper way to install ESF to STEAM is to first install Half-Life. Just right-click HL in your games list and select install. After that, install ESF.

Still don't know how u managed to "start" ESF without it being in the games menu, unless use have some sort of short-cut make by steam.

Best answers
Yea, They made a shortcut on my desktop. Half Life is installed, I installed it before I installed ESF. Same problem.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your using the regular steam cache and not retail cs with it then the esf folder should be in steam/steamapps/emailaddress/halflife/. Make sure that this is where it is and then load steam. This should really be in the help section though as it doesn't have anything to do with servers.

*moved to Help*

Best answers
^ I think I posted here because I wasnt sure if I just had to insert an ESF IP Address in the console the old fashion way when it came up in CS. I remember back before my HL Disk got messed up all you had to do was connect to an IP with any HL mod, and it would load the mod from whichever mod was opened. The default directory for install is steam/steamapps/emailaddress/Counter-Strike

Best answers
Hmm, I'm pretty sure ESF has to be in the Half-Life directory, not the Counter-Strike dir.

Only time esf should be installed to the CS directory is if you are still using WON and the Retail CS cd like I used for WON. Since there's no "retail" version of anything for Steam (all apps are downloaded and installed thru the Steam client-- reason why you don't need a CD to install anything) you'll need to install Half-Life to port all your Mods to its engine.

Uninstall ESF from your CS directory first. Then if you don't play CS, uninstall that as well. Install HL instead. Then reinstall ESF to the HL folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom