Problem joining Internet Game with Steam

Best answers
I recently d/led ESF and installed it along with the .dll patchs,

i was playing fine today untill i tried to join a server and half life launcher crashed with the windows xp 'send error report page' , i tried all of the things you suggested on the forums but it didnt fix it.

I reinstalled esf and got the dll working again, i can create my own server and play but i cannot join a internet game through steam.

Can anybody help me, any help would be apprechiated

Thanks

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hum... Try to get a diffrent installer. That may be the problem. A bad installer, just try to download a new Installer and let me know if it works

Best answers
It was working fine this morning though :S i was able to play on all the net servers and now i can still make a lan server and play i just carnt connect to the internet :S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
viruses.. installers... jeez! if you dont know anything about it then dont try to help people as he might now uselessly spend his time scanning his computer while it hasnt got a thing to do with it!

hey melon, if you join a server now(after that u have gotten the dlls to work again).. what happens? the same half-life launcher crash? or something else this time?

if theres no windows error message, but a steam one, it might be that it aint really a problem.. try it again later.. depends on what sort of message too, please post it.

Best answers
I dont know why but for some reason it just started working for no apparent reason.

Just to let you know i used to get up to the 'parsing game info' screen then the windows error message box came up askin me if i wanted to send a error report.

If i have any further problems ill post on here,

Thanks for your time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom