Pride's Music Pack: Beta Version, Yes or No??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of you might know, I've been messing around with a music pack for ESF.

The idea occured to me after posting in another thread that I might be able to put out a relatively unmixed version of my music, without the guitar stuff in it, as a "Beta Pack." it would just be the synth parts unmixed with the drums; the thing is, since the tracks are all generated out of the same types of programs they usually don't need any mixing, just minor tweaking.

I've been playing with the music pack's unfinished tracks for close to a month now, honestly. As a sort of "Test run" to see if they fit the mood of the game enough. For the most part, they do. So...what say to maybe an 8 track set of songs, unmixed without guitars except for maybe one (as a preview/treat), and we could call it a Beta pack?

Honestly, I would have loved for the team to have taken me on as their music guy. I would have had the damn thing done three months ago. But I put it off to try and coincide with the release and well...I guess I'm a little late. So while the Beta is still fresh and new, I'm considering releasing the early version of the pack.

I just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in such a thing. I'd need someone to host it...8 mp3s is a little too big for my web space. But I could have it ready in a couple of days, if this were the case.

The final music pack would of course have more songs and songs of better recording quality. But these are synthesized mostly, so most people won't be able to tell the difference between the mixed and unmixed parts, since they are generated at the same default settings anyhow.

I could maybe put up a preview, like I have in the past. I'll put up a track listing when I get home, too, if you all would like. A couple of the songs need minor tweaking, but like I said, I could finish them by the end of the week without much trouble.

If there's a community interest, that is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah sure, i can remember listening to one of your pieces and it was very good. I'd love to have a "beta" release.

Best answers
Sure, I'd like to take a listen to the beta release :) MC Chris is okay for listening to while playing ESF, but it doesn't quite have the Dragonball Z feel to it. :p

Discord Member
Best answers
most of the time i dont hear music,perhaps you can change it.give it a try and put it on :)

Best answers
I'd like to get some good in-game music. I find the stuff that ships with ESF isn't all that great, except the old school Alpha mp3's, those are just plain kick ass :D

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been looking forward to more of your music, the last sampler you let out was real nice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm interested, I don't even have any music right now. :/

Best answers
Honestly, I would have loved for the team to have taken me on as their music guy. I would have had the damn thing done three months ago. But I put it off to try and coincide with the release and well...I guess I'm a little late. So while the Beta is still fresh and new, I'm considering releasing the early version of the pack.
Send an application to Masta. I don't give you much of a change though, in on of our meetings we kinda decided not to hire music guys as direct team members. We do however accept music from freelancers, if we like it enough. Ofcourse they will be credited.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really care if you release a beta pack and you don't need the community's decision to release it.

Release it if you want, some won't download and some will.

I'm content with what I use right now :p (Super Brawl, Burly Brawl, and other matrix music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom