PowerStruggle bar doesn't display who's winning

Best answers
Hello :)

I have a problem with ESF: when i'lm in a powerstruggle (beam, Clsoe Combat etc..) i can see the red and blue part, but the "line" which displays wh'os winning, is so thin (maybe 1pixel) that it's hard for me to know if i will win or not.

i've tried to play with an another hud, but it's the same thing. I've tried in 800*600 and 1280*1024 (my rez' when i play) and nothing changes.

I play in 1280*1024, high details, ESF works with Steam Off Line (it's an "unofficial" Steam to play only on LAN), ESF is patched (1.2.1).

is there a way to correct this? Which file should I edit? (i will search on Internet to find an editor)

Thanks very much.
PS: yes, i'm french and i'm not good in English

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Are you playing in software mode?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like ssft said your probably playing in software mode. Change to d3d or opengl (recommended)

PS- Very good English for a second language

Best answers
ok :yes: .. I was used to play in OpenGL :] , so i've tried D3D mode, and i can see who is winning the powerstruggle :cool: , BUT, i cannot return to the desktop with Alt+tab otherwise ESF will display a black screen O_O (sounds are ok, the game is ok, but not the display ;/ ).

I thank you 'cause my problem is (partially) resolved and i want to know which file sould i edit to change the thickness of the PSmeter :smile: if playing in D3D is not satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom