Powerlevel command suggestion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys should seriously make it so that the pl command can only be used when sv_Cheats 1 is on. when sv_cheats 0 is on, you can't use it.

It'd help in playing, so while your playing, some random guy doesnt come in with 1 billion PL and own you, etc.

Just a thought :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Making the command public aint really a smart idea.. Not everyone knows about it you know. I also made such simular suggestion, but I.. Kinda forgot the answer.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know thats probably whats going to happen. Its real purpose is to test things but do you really think your going to get 500,000,000 in 30 minutes if the map time is that set long?

I understand why its in there but people in the community don't and see pretty much "oh pl changer awesome lets jack up" and in doing so it can crash a server pretty much ^_^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there a way to limit it to a certain value? I really don't feel like having to fight and fight every time I join a server just so I can test the higher transformations.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You could attempt to install amxmodx, and use a plugin to block the powerlevel command even to be used client side.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So thats what's been crashing the servers all the time? =o
Well it still is annoying, you sometimes start in normal form with 25,000,000 PL and cant even transform xP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys should seriously make it so that the "powerlevel 9999999" command can only be used when sv_Cheats 1 is on. when sv_cheats 0 is on, you can't use it.

It'd help in playing, so while your playing, some random guy doesnt come in with 1 billion PL and own you, etc.

Just a thought :)
Never.

That is my all time advantage.

=p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not either limit the variable as already suggested or take it out of the oprn beta for fair competitive play?.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not either limit the variable as already suggested or take it out of the oprn beta for fair competitive play?.
Because the open beta is NOT for competitive play. Its for testing >.<

Making a hastle for each release just so the public is a bit happier with the new version tehy are alowed to test would only delay the final release. If you want competitive play than use 1.2.3

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sv_cheats now must be active in order to use the powerlevel cheat now. The next build will reflect these changes.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any way to get a red bar command as well, joe?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a red bar command to do what..?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
a red bar command to do what..?
The red bar at the transformation meter bar. That tells you when you can transform. I think Karrde means to set a command to that as well to enable / disable it?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, I know what the red bar is, just didn't register that he wanted a cheat for it, lol...
I doubt hars would bother doing it, i don't really like doing it either, but I guess you guys can't really test transformations in an easy way without it... Meh, I'll see what I can do...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, I know what the red bar is, just didn't register that he wanted a cheat for it, lol...
I doubt hars would bother doing it, i don't really like doing it either, but I guess you guys can't really test transformations in an easy way without it... Meh, I'll see what I can do...

Actualy we can. Use the PL command to get transformation number 1.

Transform set the PL to trans number 2 and so on.

Adding PL to VIA command fills the red bar.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy we can. Use the PL command to get transformation number 1.

Transform set the PL to trans number 2 and so on.

Adding PL to VIA command fills the red bar.
Grega it's right you can allready do that by using the PL command

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, because when we finally get down to looking at final anim glitches...yeah...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, because when we finally get down to looking at final anim glitches...yeah...
Thats a good point ^^

But i guess for that build Joe can simply "comment" the part of the code that checks if the red bar is full.

Putting "//" in front of the lines with that code is less work than coding in a cvar ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom