Powering underpowered characters

Best answers
Ok, I think characters like Vegeta are already pretty powerful, I can't see what'd hurt about putting in another huge explosion attack that will just replace Galit Gun, but w/e

There are some characters that need to be stronger

Frieza- wtf? this guy just sucks. for the 1.5x transformations, this guy has the crappiest selection of moves. Death ball attracts attention like hell. Disc attacks suck. Finger laser's pretty.

Piccolo- He's just a crappy version of Cell. His only good attack is SBC, and Cell has that too. And Cell is faster. And he has about a billion attacks at his disposal. Piccolo has an earlier transform level. That's it. And that's not even that great.

Krillin- This guy can just fly fast. Disc sucks. Transform takes FOREVER. Scatterbeam's all right, but it's not as good as most other attacks.

Trunks- I'm really not complaining here. He's a good beginner's character, fastest transformation. But I mean, he has a sword. That should add to his melee damage somewhere.

Gohan- again, not too bad, 2nd-fastest transformation, but he's obviously just a crap-Goku.

Vegeta- Pretty rounded, transformation level might be a bit high, but with the attacks he's getting then, it's reasonable

Goku-yeah. The only thing that gives this character a pathetic excuse of balance is that his transformation draws attention like no other. "Hey look at me! I'm in the middle of this thundercloud! Wait. Is that an SBC? oh."

Buu- not as good as most people say, but still.

Cell- a million attacks, probably the best of the 1.5x transformation characters. SBC and Kamehameha cover your gigantic blasts of death.

Since I'm a big Piccolo fan, I'd like to see some passive bonuses on him. Like maybe more HP or something.

Best answers
I agree with that. All characters in ESF should have exactly the SAME number of attacks/skills and HP. The transformations, all of them should take the same time and able to transform earlier.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
oh , here we go again ,noobish judegement (to any admin who may read this ,no , i did not call him a noob ,just sayying it's noobish judgement) frezia is not crap , infact , every1 in the game has a useful tactic or two , (goku - solarflare good for blinding a opponent & then doing something like an adv melee combo ,frezia , death ball being the most powerful projectle attk in the game , frezia disk , finger laser , Krillin , his trans is worth playying for considering how much speed u get it's good for a quick dodge of a beam & so on , buu , starts with high pl and can gain pl easily with using the candy beam and turning people into a dohnut , piccolo , sbc is fast and does deal some good damage , gohan , since he can trans early it gives some1 the upper hand in early server pwnment or atleast gives somwone a chance to fite if they just joined a server , the same goes for trunks ,)

u also have to remember that ginyu force , andriod17/18 & tien are being added in 1.3 plus some new attacks and special abilities

Best answers
Frieza- ok, I'm thinking we just make his transformations easier and more numerous. Maybe make deathball slightly faster to charge up, but more Ki.

Piccolo- that heat-seeking idea? I can see noobs abusing that like hell. I say slow regeneration (1hp/2sec), and a faster charging SBC than Cell

Krillin- Maybe make him fly INSANELY Faster. I'm talking like uber fast. It'd be funny as hell. And make him insanely specialized in fast flying.

Trunks- That sword idea by whoever is pretty good. With the more damage, but the droppable. Aside from that, it's all good. Maybe make something where blind people can't engage in combat. That's what makes his burning attack so crappy, it'll hit a swooping foe, but they'll still get a combo out.

Gohan- Eh. Make him get faster Ki build up.

Vegeta- maybe a lower transformation level. And if people want some uber-megadeath explosion early on, fine. But make it very Ki-absorbant. And apparent. Like Spirit bomb and Death Ball.

Goku-Well. Yeah. Maybe take out basic attack of ki blob so those blink-pushers have to pick a different character.

Buu- Make him slower. He's fat. And make that mouth attack less nub-like. Somehow.

Cell- yeah, maybe a speed decrease.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i also forgot to mension that goku can charge attks and teleport at the same time , and that suggestion with goku , wat r u sayying , take kiblob away from goku ??? , that would be stupid , however i will agree with u on bu , makes sence since he is overpowered , drop it to about 190 i would say , it gives "buu's diet much thinner form(s)" (lol) a more feeling of losing weghit that may appeal to people who way a lot , it would influence the idea "hmmm... maybe i should lose a few kilos or so"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krillin- Maybe make him fly INSANELY Faster. I'm talking like uber fast. It'd be funny as hell. And make him insanely specialized in fast flying.
When he transforms he's the fastest character in the game bar none. Combined with Scatterbeam and he's unstoppable.

I agree with Piccolo though, there's a bit of a debate in ESF Chat on the 'Piccolo's Makosen' thread.

Best answers
CrimsonQueso said:
Ok, I think characters like Vegeta are already pretty powerful, I can't see what'd hurt about putting in another huge explosion attack that will just replace Galit Gun, but w/e

There are some characters that need to be stronger

Frieza- wtf? this guy just sucks. for the 1.5x transformations, this guy has the crappiest selection of moves. Death ball attracts attention like hell. Disc attacks suck. Finger laser's pretty.
All big attacks attract attention like hell - Death ball happens to be the strongest detached move in the game. And death beam has millions of uses.
Frieza also has a resonable transform PL and good HP. I can't say I use the disks but they are damn useful against spammers. And Tele Ken is a WONDERFUL bombardment move if you're on the floor.

CrimsonQueso said:
Piccolo- He's just a crappy version of Cell. His only good attack is SBC, and Cell has that too. And Cell is faster. And he has about a billion attacks at his disposal. Piccolo has an earlier transform level. That's it. And that's not even that great.
Actually Piccolo's stats are much more based round Frieza's as well as his attacks...
Eye beam - Finger lazer
SBC - Death ball
Same start and Transform PL's - you get my point.
Also piccolo has the ability to de transform witch is a massave advantage if you know how to use it.

CrimsonQueso said:
Krillin- This guy can just fly fast. Disc sucks. Transform takes FOREVER. Scatterbeam's all right, but it's not as good as most other attacks.
Scatter beam's "alright" ...
Well actually if you are second form and charge one you can kill an entire server without aiming but I suppose it does have it's bad points like large Ki drain... So fecking what? Also - he has KHH and Solar Flare. Try solar flareing someone then Advance melee'ing them when they can't see wtf the arrows are...

CrimsonQueso said:
Trunks- I'm really not complaining here. He's a good beginner's character, fastest transformation. But I mean, he has a sword. That should add to his melee damage somewhere.
Sword 20% gib bouns... Sheesh what else do you want?

CrimsonQueso said:
Gohan- again, not too bad, 2nd-fastest transformation, but he's obviously just a crap-Goku.
Again - much more based round trunks.
However he has the KHH - A transform PL Equal to Trunks and the sheild witch is rather invaluable when you're takeing on more than one foe.

CrimsonQueso said:
Vegeta- Pretty rounded, transformation level might be a bit high, but with the attacks he's getting then, it's reasonable
Despite the fact everyones getting into hissy fits (Includeing me ) Over the gallit gun.

CrimsonQueso said:
Goku-yeah. The only thing that gives this character a pathetic excuse of balance is that his transformation draws attention like no other. "Hey look at me! I'm in the middle of this thundercloud! Wait. Is that an SBC? oh."
Err... Sure... He's powerful , but He's Goku - He's the strongest.

CrimsonQueso said:
Then quite frankly you can't play him - as I can't. However he's overpowerd

CrimsonQueso said:
Cell- a million attacks, probably the best of the 1.5x transformation characters. SBC and Kamehameha cover your gigantic blasts of death.
He loses out KHH to GG , Bad , And His Transformation is irreversable, Bad , and he has one of the lowest HP's in the game.

Best answers
Frieza- Powerful enough, a Frieza with high pl can kill people from across the map with finger laser because they can't dodge or with telekenesis because they can't see it coming. He also has his disk which has its uses and death ball which is awesome. No way is he underpowered.

Piccolo- Piccolo is underpowered. He has SBC but that is about it. His scattershot can be hard to aim from far away if you have high mouse sensitivity like most people who have played a while. His eye laser doesn't rapid fire or explode like Frieza's so it isn't that useful and Masenko is weak and you can't move while charging. For some stupid reason he has no regeneration either.

Krillin- His scatterbeam can kill everyone on the map, he has a disk which has its uses, solar flare, khh and is the fastest character in the game. Not underpowered.

Trunks- He is one of the better melee characters, I say he is good enough.

Gohan- Early trans, khh, shield, good enough.

Vegeta- Gallit gun sucks, FF is weaker than KHH, takes a long time to trans and renzoku is a joke. All he has going for him is big bang. He needs better gallit gun (hopefully without stupid aura) and stronger FF.

Goku- Arguably strongest character in the game.

Buu- 2nd fastest in game, can regenerate by eating people and with regeneration move and can also eat people to raise his pl. Mouthblast is very powerful and he has a ton of HP. I rate him the only character who could compete with Goku as the strongest in the game.

Cell- He has KHH and SBC and is fast. I would say lower his speed and give him (and Piccolo) a way to regenerate (should be the same as Piccolo's regeneration if he gets a way)

Best answers
i say every character has a weakness. also does goku and also does buu. But 1 thing sure is true. goku's khh shouldn't be even as strong as vegetas gg coz goku had to use 4 times kaioken to overpower it. not to mention it's even stronger than FF WTF? how lame is that? geez... talking about balanced gameplay

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isnt stronger then FF its just that FF drains more KI than KHHbesides Goku was about 4 times weaker than Vegeta in that battle so that makes his beam weaker aswell

Best answers
higher ki drain or not. you still die if your in a struggle. so that means its weaker if you ask me. and goku was stronger than vegeta when he was using three times kaioken not to mention he had to use four times to overpower vegetas GG ( goku at three times kaioken had a pl 24.000 and vegetas max was 18.000) so dont tell me that he was four times weaker coz he wasnt. but even if he'd be... FF is suposed to be MUCH stronger than GG and GG is suposed to be a bit weaker than KHH so fully charghed FF shouldnt lose to KHH. it's slower takes more ki and if struggles with a fully charged KHH still loses.

Best answers
...because of its Ki drain. FF drains so much Ki, that you haven't got any left to beam struggle with.

Best answers
FF doesn't only lose because of ki drain, I was playing once as vegeta and my pl as ssj was 60 million and I psed with a goku whose pl was 50 million (also ssj) I used final flash he used khh and both were fully charged. I BARELY won after a long struggle and he was even flying while I was standing on the ground, FF should not be weaker than KHH and come to think of it neither should GG although I can see GG being weaker for gameplay reasons but NOT FF.

Best answers
kabam said:
FF doesn't only lose because of ki drain, I was playing once as vegeta and my pl as ssj was 60 million and I psed with a goku whose pl was 50 million (also ssj) I used final flash he used khh and both were fully charged. I BARELY won after a long struggle and he was even flying while I was standing on the ground, FF should not be weaker than KHH and come to think of it neither should GG although I can see GG being weaker for gameplay reasons but NOT FF.
Oh. Now THAT'S something unusual...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrimsonQueso said:
pffffHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man....if you think Frieza sucks, you must not have mastered him yet. Frieza is my personal favorite character in the game. Wanna see how good frieza can be? Come fight me.

Frieza has the 2nd highest HP in the game, his speed is decent, and his attacks are more powerful than you think. Telekenesis is actually stronger than most people give credit...but its a lot better to just use a generic beam. Also, Finger Laser is wickedly powerful. I'll be glad to show that to you first hand :laff: And also, I'm convinced death ball is the 2nd strongest attack in the game, if not 3rd strongest (its a toss up between Final Flash and Death Ball really). Death Ball can do just as much damage as a final flash, but its a projectile instead of a beam, you can move while charging it, and its got a fairly quick charge so you can just rain deathballs on everyone. Frieza is nowhere near underpowered. And when 1.3 is released, he'll be one of the stronger players since he gets an extra 2 full transformations while others, like Vegeta, Gohan, and Cell, only get one.

actually...they both transform at the same rate. Cell and Piccolo both need around 1,000,000 pl to transform. So basically, in a way, Piccolo is underpowered. His transform PL is low, he's still kind of slow, and yes...his only strong move is SBC. Masenko is just too slow and weak. Scattershot and eye laser are alright though. But He needs to be tweaked a little.

Krillin's attacks are ok. His only flaw is the transform pl he must get. I think its a little too high. Maybe drop it to 2,500,000 instead?

Trunks is fine as is.

He needs to get a really powerful PL boost when transforming to SSJ2 in 1.3 though.

Vegeta is perfect as is.

Goku is perfect as is.

If anything, buu needs to be reduced a bit.

Cell is perfectly fine as is.

Best answers
To you everyone's perfect as is, because if there were tweaked, they would overthrow Freeza... :p

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats a nice list of problems, but I fail to see what your suggestion is, unless your suggestion is fix everything, in which case its meaningless.

All characters are balanced in their own way, they have strengths and weaknesses, like characters in any game would. Gohan and Trunks' early trans level, attempts to balance their lack of high powered moves. Krillin's and high trans level make him a melee king, (3 mil x2 pl multiplier = 6 million, combined with basic melee combos = hefty damage) Goku would be the standard in ESF as Mario is the standard in SSBM and Mario Kart, slightly above average in each and every way. Vegeta is your basic rocket launcher soldier, slow at start but when he gets to his peak, look out. The minor chars like Frieza, Cell and Piccolo are hybrids of other classes. Don't knock Frieza, I've played against tough Frieza's and they are pretty tough, Piccolo is quite lacking at the moment and Cell is loaded with just about every attack.

Like any game you need to practice and be good at a character before you can complain about its faults, just because you used Frieza once and got owned doesn't mean Frieza sucks.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why complain about the characters when evry single one has a use?

Buu= Easy to fight at the beginning and has loads of HP and speed

Goku= He is the "Mario" of ESF (Ty Rocky) comes with useful attacks and good stats

Gohan=May start off weak but if he can gain just 400,00 PL his potential sky rockets

Krillen=You gotta love a slapheaad! Any way his Trans is non revesable (it wasn't in 1.1) and the D-disc is useful

Vegeta=Sure he lacks attacks but he gains 2 when he transes. Big Bang is small but effective.

Freiza=Controlled disc. Death Ball. The 1.5x is to balance him out.

Trunks=Easy trans. Cool sword. Finsihing buster is great.

Piccolo=He may seem like a mini cell but Eye laser and masenko say otherwise.

Cell=Has loads of attacks. Again the KHH changing to GG is to balance him.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frieza's 1.5x multiplier is to balance the fact that he's going to have four transformations, thats the most out of any character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom