Power Struggle Mechanism Suggestion

Best answers
To tell you the truth, the powerstruggle mechanism, gets really old really fast, so after a lot of thought I came up with a possible way to make it more skill demanding but lag-friendly.

BTW, This is really hard to explain for me, so please bear with me:

When you enter a powerstruggle, arrows start to appear, in the same fashion the appear when you are in adv. melee defending, and depending on the number of correct presses, will be the amount the beam will advance (or power up), and this will also make more arrows appear on your foes screen. Of course if your foe can do the same to you.

Now, the arrows appear over a determined time, so lets say at the beggining 4 arrows appear in 4 seconds to you, and you got them correctly, then your foe would get 6 arrows in four seconds, if he gets them all, then 8 arrows would appear to you in 4 seconds and on and on. If you only got say 3 arrows then your foe would get 5, if you got 2 then you foe would get 4, if you got 1 then your foe would get 3, if you get none, then your foe would only get 2, and viceversa. Of course 4 arrows in 4 seconds is too easy but you get my point.

This is all turn based, and the one starting the powerstruggle (that is the one that shot the beam last) would get the first arrows, and then the defending player would get the arrows and on and on.

PL, turbo and the number of beams helping you in multiple ps, would aslo factor in the number of arrows your foe gets on screen. Ps pumps, would make many arrows appear, but just once, when the pump reaches the core of the ps.

What makes this lag friendly, is that the direction of the arrows are determined by the client, which in turns tells the server, how many correct presses the player has, and the server tells this to the other client and with this it determines the number of arrows and on and on (of course Im imaging this would be the best way to decrease lag, but then again I know squat about network programming :) )

Well what do you guys think?

Edit: I know that harsens is working on it, but from the new outline it seems that the way ps are done is moistly unchanged, just fire your beam, and press the RMB. Which I dont really find amusing after the tenth time, and it is too dependant on PL for my taste, I just suggested another way of tackling PS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
harsens already came up with the powerstruggle outline, im more happy with it atm

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm not really a fan of turn-based games. I'm fine with advanced melee, but making power struggles turned base, would really ruin the fun in it. There's more to power struggling than just holding the Primary Fire key. You gotta conserve KI until the right moment, and turbo at the exact moment, in order to defeat your foe. It's all in timing. The only thing I don't like about the current system is the beams start to sway alittle in one direction, so they miss your opponent completely. Hopefully in 1.3's version, the beams will be locked pointing at each player.

Best answers
Well i kinda hope they change something about some of the attack stuff like instead of the beam hitting you and exploding i think it should swallow you up or something or maybe the spirit bomb and deathball should only do that casue this exploding thing is weird and it doesnt seem like dragonballz anymore constantly i go to block one of buus attacks and he just blows it up before it hits me and i get damage done to me realyl annoying.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soleyu said:
Now, the arrows appear over a determined time, so lets say at the beggining 4 arrows appear in 4 seconds to you, and you got them correctly, then your foe would get 6 arrows in four seconds, if he gets them all, then 8 arrows would appear to you in 4 seconds and on and on.
yeah so u need to do like 700 arrows in 4 seconds...even more boring then it is now...-_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if its a head to head beam collision (not from the side) it should have a rubberband effect so you when struggling you can hit your opponent actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom