Power struggle glitches, idea

Orz

Best answers
We all know how beams in a power struggle often wander away in some sharp angle, due to the trajectory of the beams when the collide. A tentative idea would be to erase the beams the minute they hit one another, and then remake them in the closest direct line between the two players while still keeping the 'heads' at the same distance from the player as they were before. It would mean a 'jump' as the two beams hit and then were reset to a straight line, but it would also avoid those wandering power struggles.

Not too sure about how multi-struggling would fare with this though.

Best answers
something like that would be great! i'm getting really annoyed of two beams wandering to the other side of the map in slowmo and when they hit a wall the blast doesn't even hurt my enemy...

Best answers
its becuase the beams are to clsoe to the ground if u watch them carefully u will notice that they curve towards the losing fighter, the fact that a wall gets in teh way adds to the charm, try to beam in open areas only a fool would fire a beam out of an enclosed area unless he knew he could win

Best answers
in a PS where both are almost equal, the beams wander more likely to the side than to me or my opponent!
and for me it doesn't matter if i'm beside a wall or not, since i only play against bots.... but if you read carefully, i didn't say that i PS near to walls.... so you can't say i'm a fool!

Best answers
well thast why then if u have the same power it will never finish till it hits a wall

but dont worry in 1.2 it will blow upa fter 5 seconds of not moving so its gona be fixed

Best answers
And i think that's the best way..
Sorry Orz, but that would look pretty lame.. :S

And i kinda like it like this, if you fire your beam directly at the enemy it will almost always go that way, cause the last beam fire usually determines both the beams trajectory.(Not meaning you will win the PS.)

Best answers
only a fool would fire a beam out of an enclosed area unless he knew he could win
Or he loved kamikaze..... *coughs* o_o

I think it's a good idea (sorta). I mean, people enter power struggles to kill each other -- and with any luck, some mindless people beatin the crap out of each other, too -- not make a little scuff mark on the ground or wall.

However, I think it has a lot to do with aim, and aiming correctly should be a challenge in most games anyways...

Orz

Best answers
Sentient said:
And i think that's the best way..
Sorry Orz, but that would look pretty lame.. :S
And it doesn't look pretty lame now? :)

The problem with the accuracy is that it's not necessarily you that has to be inaccurate to mess up a power struggle - you can be fighting somebody who has no idea where he's shooting the beam and just tries to get as close to yours as possible.

Best answers
Yeah but, i really think that the last beam fired will determine the way both beams will go..
Could be wrong but..

And so what if the beams go way of sometimes.. in 1.2 it won't last longer than 5 sec, so i really don't mind..
I kinda like it to deflect a weaker opponent's beam to the side or to the ground.. kind of a statement.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom