Power Level?!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega,
So what you are saying is this:
Let's say that there are 5 people in one server. Which the strongest one is 4.9M, second 91k and the other three 3k. (I'm taking easy numbers here)
Which combined makes it 5M, the average of that is 5/5 = 1M.
When the new player joins this server, he or she will earn power level when they die IF they stay below that average power level?
Well sounds fair enough, he or she just needs to learn play the game then...
Yea and the new version (Open Beta has this already to) has the possibility to just add to the PL and not subtract from the stronger players.

So yea. Your idea is way to complex ^^;

Is it just me or does no one read my posts in this thread o_O

Thats the second time i had to quote that. What you speak of is available ever since the very first open beta and will be included in the final.

As for the static PL thing. Well there is a slight snag with that idea.

Ever since the first ESF games people were complaining about kill steals. This will get worse when fights last longer due to the increased HP amount in the final. We have found a way of eliminating that. And that way is to score you based on the PL you gained ever since you joined. Transformation multipliers and PL balancing due to the mp_plcatchup command not counted ofcourse.

Meaning you will increase your score faster if you fight people whos PL is above yours and you will gain it slower if you are fighting people with a lower PL. The PL bonuses for beam hits are also smaller than those for melee hits, so that should counter beam spammer scores to. This also allows someone who joined over 1 hour late into the game to compete for the highest score, since you gain points slower when you are in the lead and faster when you are in the back. Also gives extra competition into the mix making it that much intenser ^^

BUT static PLs would kinda kill that system off entirely effectively giving everyone the score of 0 ^^;

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I like it! I like it a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom