Possible Power Struggle Bug

Best answers
It may just be a considence, but I've noticed this a few times.

When two people are in a beam power struggle, and a third person comes up and attcks one of them with a beam from the front the server crashes.

A third person can beam them from the back, left, right, top, bottom, but if their beam attacks a person in a beam struggle from the front, it's like the computer can't decide which beams are in the struggle and it just crashes. Everyone's booted out with "Connection Interrupted" Problems.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently the code only supports 2 beam powerstruggles; whenever you add a third beam you add an unstable element.

But if it lasts, the explosion is hella huge o_o

Best answers
So the multi-beam struggle may not have crashed the servers, but it didn't help things either?

Hmm. I'll have to test this out more. Next time I see a team mate losing a struggle I'll swoop down next to him and add in my own beam attack on the other guy and see what, if anything, happens. :D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats interesting. Whenever I have tried to add to a power struggle, my beam passes right through and hits a wall or another unfortunate person.

Best answers
Well acually I shot a beam at someone and he and his teamate shot a beam at me. Surprisingly my beam splited into 2 parts and killed them both. I think it depeneds about the angles of how the beams were shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom