Plzz help this lil n00b with lans

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when loading HL (or ESF) by shortcut (ya should) enter this after the shortcut command without quotes.. "-console"

So indstead of C:\sierra\halflife\hl.exe it will be C:\sierra\halflife\hl.exe -console

Don't forget the space between exe and -console

This will remove the loading screen and give a screen with details on what the darn thing does & loads.

Now not helping yet? go to C:\sierra\halflife\esforces (valve if its notmal HL) but we need ESF so esforces.

is there a file called autoexec.cfg? should be. if not make one. (renamed txt file)

Now open the file. enter this on a new line without quotes "developer 1"

now it gives even more feedback in the console. if it keeps hanging telll us the last 3 lines the console gives. :)

Best answers
Originally posted by D.C. Darkling
when loading HL (or ESF) by shortcut (ya should) enter this after the shortcut command without quotes.. "-console"

So indstead of C:\sierra\halflife\hl.exe it will be C:\sierra\halflife\hl.exe -console

Don't forget the space between exe and -console

i tried the seccond bit and it did nothing but i dont understand the first bit?What do u mean when u say "when loading"?do u mean in game or is it in the C drive and all that,cos i cant find a "hl.exe"????

:cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just load the game (mean the game itself. menu's and all) by shortcut. Like a wordshortcut or paintshortcut.

Load HL by shortcut. after the hl.exe part enter "-console" without spaces. be sure to add a space between exe and -con

if you want to load ESF right away make another space and place -game esforces

So the SHORTCUT (not the actual exefile) should have a loadline of....

(standard folder) "C:\SIERRA\Halflife\hl.exe -console -game esforces" no quotes.

This loads ESF directly and in console. You understand or developer 1 part in the autoexec.cfg?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uh... on what? i truly can't be more clear with this then exept maybe mailing the damn shortcut.

Best answers
sorry,i havent been alowed on for a while,anyways,dont warry about it-im clearly to thick,ill get it of some friends at me next lan:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom