plz help trying to host dedicated server v1.2.3

Best answers
hey i am trying to host esf 1.2.3 dedicated server!
i bought a cs 1.6 server from www.gameservers.com
i downloaded the linux dedicated server files and uploaded them
i changed the command line to -game esf +map esf_cell_games and got this error

LoadLibrary failed on ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so: ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so: undefined symbol: sqrt
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so!
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from ./esf/linuxdlls/hl_i386.so!

Add "-debug" to the ./hlds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Thu Oct 30 09:55:23 PDT 2008: Server restart in 10 seconds

does anyone know what this means?
plz help :)

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sup Tank, I dont know much about servers, I totaly muddled through when setting up mind, Which runs on WinXP. Linux I really havent used so I have no clue about server in it. But the command line thing sparked an idea try this, its a total long shot im totaly guessing here so if it dont work dont blame me :p

-applaunch 70 -game esf +map esf_cell_games (I am assuming that command line you posted would normally work, I just added -applaunch 70. Read the link below and you understand why I suggested adding that line.

also try this http://esforces.com/forum/showpost.php?p=909393&postcount=26.

Btw, it seems Linux based servers dont work (using the workaround thing I mentioned) but Windows based ones do. Hell_Razor seems to have confirmed it.

Hell_Razor is on the case though he'll prob figure somthing out, he's good with server stuff.

Man, I leave for two months or so, and everything all goes to hell. I'll have to try to figure out a solution myself, sorry to keep you waiting vahn.
Good Luck.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If you need Half-Life 1 for Earth's Special Forces, I also think you need Half-life 1 dedicated server in order to set up a Earth's Special Forces server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom