PLZ HELP! STEAM PROBLEM!

Best answers
oh my god... i just installed the version 1.2.1, and when i start it it just opens the steam screen whith browse games!! what i do now??? i never played with steam before and i dont even know what it is... but now it only opens that screen how do i play ESF??? help plx! :cry: :cry:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You start half-life once.
Now you install esf 1.2 and 1.2.1

Poof your done. Have fun.

Best answers
do you mean that i have to install ESF with the half life running?
by the way... ive done the installation... but when i start steam and double click the ESF it appears on my play games list... but when i double click it just happens to re-open browse games... WHAT I DOOOO???

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I said you have to run Half-Life once. Then install esf. Then click play games and select ESF.

Calm down. Your posts are getting too nooby. My paitence with posts like that are like bandwidth. I can only hadle so much before I have to stop help.

Best answers
omg.... just did like this: reinstalled steam and make sure that it was running while i was playing HL... then i installed 1.2 beta and closed Steam, re-opened it... clicked in browse games and double clicked in ESF... then it was added to play games... but still when i click it just opens the browse games screen again... could that be something with the game version or my computer?
by the way... i tried this sumthing like a dozen times ;( :cry:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you registered your halflife cdkey?

Best answers
Uninstall everything, Install Half-Life, then install Steam, after that run half life THROUGH STEAM once, exit half-life, then install esf 1.2, then install esf 1.2.1.
You're done.

Best answers
you don't have to play half-life... you only need the cd key to register STEAM, then play half-life through STEAM, thus this will create the half-life folder in your SteamApps folder. After this, then you can install 1.2 and 1.2.1 in the half-life folder.

Best answers
i thionk tyhat the version you have downloaded is currupt try downloading it from fileplanet or oz forces and then install if that dont work pray for devine help

Best answers
To be able to log into steam you need to have an account.

Texas
run half life THROUGH STEAM
Exactly what i said.

Best answers
oh... i thought you meant to run the WON version of half-life.., then after to run the Steam verion of half-life..

Best answers
I have the same problem.I just bought Condition Zero and registered it with steam. Then i go to install esf. installed it to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life. Then i go to thirs party games to play it and the browse games pops up.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought CS:CZ is a stand alone game whit no HL neaded to play

and yes you can play ESF whit CS 1.5 or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom