Plugin request for normal esf

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If someone is thoughtful/bored/etc enough to make for my server a plugin.

Now I would do it by myself but I don't got a clue on how to do it.

Now, someone gave me a plugin that if you ki powerup and turbo on the same time your powerlevel will increase in 25% (sort of like the esf 1.3 charge)

For this plugin I added another plugin that if you use turbo and swoop with Goku you get the red swoop aura.

Now all im missing now is this: Only with Goku - if you charge powerlevel (only with the plugin that this guy gave me) after about 5.5-7 seconds your aura becomes red as well as that ki charge aura becomes red as well making it look like you actually do kaioken. Now we will not have HP COST for the use of kaioken! Now if its possible to edit the powerlevel plugin - with Goku (while using kaioken) you can increase another 15% of your powerlevel than other characters when they charge there powerlevel. The catch is after you use kaioken your powerlevel will increase slower than the usual charge (45% slower)

Actually after this 7 seconds (the bolded numbers) the Kaioken takes effect and the powerlevel charge speed rate becomes slower but lets you build more power.

This plugin's goal is actually to provide more feeling of DBZ into it and it also makes another tool for people who like RPing DBZ in ESF.

Theres 2 ways to get this done:
1) Blend this 3 plugins (powerlevel plugin, kaioken aura plugin, and this new plugin)

2) Making all of this plugins to 1 big plugin.

I prefer the second option.

I can supply the plugin's, if someone up to it reply here please.

Big help, big thanks!

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a thing called the Giji Super Saiyan plugin, which basically provides a transformation between normal and ssj state. I have been experimenting with this idea to make a decent kaioken 'transformation'.

Its a little buggy atm but when your PL is below SSJ level (1750000) but over x amount, you transform into a kaioken state. You hit Z, Goku poses and has some glow effects while he shouts KAIOKEN!, then his hair goes spiky, aura flicks on and is blood red. Press X to return to normal

- glow effect
- MDL changes to a Goku with black ssj hair (Giji form)
- aura and powerup sprites are blood red
- PL is increased.
- movement and swoop speed increased.
- needs HP loss in order to balance IMO, having issues achieving this.
- You have a 'KAIOKEN!" sound effect, but my kaioken swoop sound is buggy (i cant overide the default sound for some stupid reason, guessing its not an emitted sound?)
- Kamehameha is red (just messing around)
- doesnt work well with swooptrails plugin which is a shame cos i cant reproduce it.
- weird glow bug when underwater.
- can set PL needed to 'transform' via console command. Can also enable/disable plugin via console
- havent gotten around to protecting the player from attacks during changeover (just slack)
- havent inhibited things during transformation (you can swoop, teleport and charge beams during it :p Im slack so sue me lol)
- for some reason my MDL animation hangs on the first frame.
- if i had source for the kaiokenFX plugin i could fix the swooping sfx and trails

Very buggy but its slowly teaching me PAWN...If youre keen on it i might go back to it and try to fix it in my spare time, ill need some help on a few things though...

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well nice you thought of it, but my concept is more of an in-game flow, transformations stuck the game sometimes, I think making it in a in-game charge (like I wrote) will be better in gameplay concept, and to be honest the feel of it as well(since you are the one transing)

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Id note, its a very quick trans, just a 2 sec delay, enough for him to make a Kaioken pose and shout 'KAIOKEN!", then bam youre in Kaioken mode. The 'transformation' system just makes it easier to handle all the changes the player goes through, an all purpose method of turning on and off the technique.
It does create some issues with being attacked, so a player needs to be protected from damage though. It also has some issues with prohibiting attacks. I can inhibit movement/swooping however.

It would be possible however to rebind the existing process to a different trigger. ie, instead of capturing the player pressing ascend, make it check that the player is in normal state, is powering up, and when turbo is pressed, the player goes into Kaioken mode. This would streamline my plugin and fix a few bugs im having (if we remove the pose aspect).
Making everything change when powering up for x amount of time could prove problematic, though perhaps could add the parameter that Ki bar must be full since you would be powering up for x amount of time and thus bar would be filled, and that with full Ki, Goku should be able to pull it off quickly anyway.

OK so we meet the conditions and hit Turbo.
Player yells out 'Kaioken!' and turns into Giji mdl. PL and speed are increased. Aura and powerup fx are blood red. Now we need to ascertain a Cost for using the technique.

Now im not sure how to reduce the rate that Ki increases on powerup, but its an interesting idea. Not sure if it makes sense though, as Kaioken technically allows one to charge Ki faster at the cost of Health. Youre kinda bending the logic of the technique.

The only way Ive been able to get HP drain working properly is by setting your HP under 10 or something so the engine does it automatically. You dont want HP drain so ill leave that out, but for my sake it would be handy if anyone out there could fill me in on getting it to work.

To balance things we could make the move only available when your HP is below a certain level, like a desperation move. Or perhaps the technique takes a chunk of HP when you trigger it, and you cant perform it at all if your HP is less than that HP cost.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It would be possible however to rebind the existing process to a different trigger. ie, instead of capturing the player pressing ascend, make it check that the player is in normal state, is powering up, and when turbo is pressed, the player goes into Kaioken mode.
Well thats what I said, but I don't think it should be immediately after you press turbo, it gotta have a delay of 5-7 seconds..

By the way did you mean by that that after you press turbo it goes into animation or as I said where I wrote my concept of the plugin?

I don't think Giji model would be smart, we need a bit more muscle buffed Goku, normal hair and red glow over him (not that *** glow in EVM and ECX, something real soft, like narrow red glow outline around Goku)

Now im not sure how to reduce the rate that Ki increases on powerup, but its an interesting idea.
Didn't got that. What do you mean?

There won't be an HP drain since its ruining it, its not balanced, in my experience with ECX and EVM, kaioken was useless, you hardly got PL and you sacrificed at least 1 third of your HP for that, doesn't pay off.
And kaioken didn't hurt goku at all as long he didn't over used it.

Example: First time vs vegeta they PSed Kameha vs Gallit on earth - Goku had to increase from kaioken times 3 to times 4 which made his body hurt and he couldn't move, but didn't damage him.

No conditions or desperate moves - If the player charges it on open field he is damageable - his risk

If he hides and then uses kaioken he will have to handle with 1 ki bar since when you charge ki it cancels the kaioken.

And YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHARGE BEAM ATTACKS WHILE KAIOKEN!

As well as maybe we can do like for example 10% pl increase goku yells kaioken times 2
20% pl increase goku yells kaioken times 3

etc..

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
By the way did you mean by that that after you press turbo it goes into animation or as I said where I wrote my concept of the plugin?
Either. When you hit turbo in that case you go straight into Kaio-mode, or trigger an animation which leads to Kaio-mode. The former is straightforward and easy to produce, the latter opens up a host of issues. If i could figure out the time-delay thing Ill see what i can do...

I don't think Giji model would be smart, we need a bit more muscle buffed Goku, normal hair and red glow over him (not that *** glow in EVM and ECX, something real soft, like narrow red glow outline around Goku)
I think a giji model makes senses, because Gokus hair usually went up like that since he is swarming with ki. Trust me, it makes the difference in a more aesthetic game. Wouldnt be too hard to buff him up a bit. Both would have to be done via Milkshape and not the plugin.
The glow effect ive been using I think is the same under different settings. Like the glow effect for Spirit Bomb/Final Flash, its a shell glowrender effect that you set a value to which tells it the distance from the model. SB/FF is around 10 or 20. ECX had a much higher value. I use the value 1. Basically a blood red glow directly on the surface of the model, looks quite nice, but you might like a value around 5. You cant have turbo aura on at same time as this render effect, so you must toggle them.

Now im not sure how to reduce the rate that Ki increases on powerup, but its an interesting idea. Didn't got that. What do you mean?
When you powerup and fill up your Ki bar, the bar fills up at a certain rate. I thought you wanted to slow that rate down whilst in Kaio-mode.
your powerlevel will increase slower than the usual charge
I thought you had confused Ki with PL...

There won't be an HP drain since its ruining it, its not balanced, in my experience with ECX and EVM, kaioken was useless, you hardly got PL and you sacrificed at least 1 third of your HP for that, doesn't pay off.
And kaioken didn't hurt goku at all as long he didn't over used it.

Example: First time vs vegeta they PSed Kameha vs Gallit on earth - Goku had to increase from kaioken times 3 to times 4 which made his body hurt and he couldn't move, but didn't damage him.
That doesnt mean the logic of the system is messed up, that just means the values are wrong. Kaioken still needs a cost other than making you vulnerable in one spot for x amount of time. Goku didnt have to sit there for 10secs powering up to Kaioken at all so wtf should I? All we have to do is increase the amount of PL gained, and reduce the amount of HP lost, toggle the values so that it does pay off. Thats why I suggested this :
the technique takes a chunk of HP when you trigger it, and you cant perform it at all if your HP is less than that HP cost.
It doesnt drain your HP, is just consumes a chunk when you trigger it. This means you cant do heaps of Kaiokens in a row without making you vulnerable.

And actually it did damage him. Overdoing Kaioken combined with the extreme loss of Ki (Which is Life Force aka Health btw) from the clash of beam attacks, Goku was left in a really messed up state. But Goku being Goku, he pushes past that. So should the player. You have to weigh up whether the Kaio is worth it just like he had to.

If he hides and then uses kaioken he will have to handle with 1 ki bar since when you charge ki it cancels the kaioken.
I figured as much, but you managed to confuse me into thinking you could still powerup. Its possible to stay in the state and press X to end it instead. Getting hurt with melee would end it too. Just food for thought....

And YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHARGE BEAM ATTACKS WHILE KAIOKEN!
Already can and done...

As well as maybe we can do like for example 10% pl increase goku yells kaioken times 2
20% pl increase goku yells kaioken times 3.
This would work if i can figure out the time delay thing, though i dont like the idea of sitting there for a month charging it up when Goku never had to. If we're gonna roleplay, follow the script. Meeting the conditions and hitting turbo makes it much easier to make and efficent to use. It also needs a cost greater than standing still for 5 seconds...

Heres a workaround im not sure about,

When Ki is <50% = Kaioken
When Ki is >50%<75% = KaiokenX2
When Ki is >75%<100% = KaiokenX3
When Ki is 100% = KaiokenX10
(I used simple values so its easier to see what youll do at a glance)

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
X can cancel it too, but I don't want people to charge ki in the middle of a fight while kaioken, as well making it harder to control since you need to work with what you get.

10-15 hp cost no more.

And Goku did took time to use kaioken, about 5 seconds.

Yes I want to slow the rate of KI consumption for any attack...

Getting hurt in melee ends kaio too.

And the delay time is pretty important for me.

Hmm Kynetic, I should show you the PL powerup plugin, tell me when you can play ESF.

Steam friends: Fonza

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
X can cancel it too, but I don't want people to charge ki in the middle of a fight while kaioken, as well making it harder to control since you need to work with what you get.
I know, this makes a lot of sense, its just im used to a red powerup sprite that looks so awesome :p
See the thing is, if you perform Kaio-mode by powering up for 5+ seconds, youre Ki bar will always be full, no matter what you will always have a full bar to work with. Thats why I suggested a 'quick transform' method so that the player must use the Ki they had when they triggered it. The Ki they have can be used more efficiently, but they still have a dynamic amount to work with.

10-15 hp cost no more.
Pretty much what i was thinking, nothing drastic.

And Goku did took time to use kaioken, about 5 seconds. And the delay time is pretty important for me.
More like 2 secs tops, just long enough to say Kaioken is all the time he needed, and he didnt even have to say it. He just had to put up his aura and could bust straight into it =/ My plugin atm pauses long enough for him to pose and say Kaioken. If you think about it you will see you dont need a heavy delay as a 'punishment' because the player is already sacrificing something.
See the thing is, if you perform Kaio-mode by powering up for 5+ seconds, youre Ki bar will always be full, no matter what you will always have a full bar to work with. Thats why I suggested a 'quick transform' method so that the player must use the Ki they had when they triggered it. The Ki they have can be used more efficiently, but they still have a dynamic amount to work with.
Im not really sure how to do the delay thing, I got an idea though but ill experiment later and fill you in. Its just gonna take longer.

Yes I want to slow the rate of KI consumption for any attack...
Ah ... so you want it to consume less Ki whilst charging attacks? Well, thats a bit problematic. Im not too sure how to directly edit the cost/rates for attacks. The only way i could do it would be to trick it by increasing your Ki bar relative to the attack youre charging. For example....

In Kaio-mode, I start charging a Kamehameha.
The charge-up is consuming Ki by a certain amount per unit time (call this x).
I start adding Ki through script by a certain amount per unit time (call this y).
If the Ki bar doesnt move, x=y, and I now know the cost/rate for the Kamehameha.
Then if i halve the value of y, the Kamehameha should [in theory] consume half as much Ki as normal.
Thanks for suggesting this actually, because its a nifty idea for this or another plugin.

Getting hurt in melee ends kaio too.
No argument there :p

I should show you the PL powerup plugin
Explain? Is that the push effect when you powerup+turbo like ECX? Link me to it...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
No mate, its like pressing long shift(turbo aura) on 1.3, same effect, ill show you. send me a private message when u can play

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why dont y0ou just link me to the plugin so i can check it out? If i can look at the source then i can recreate it.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Why dont you just link me to the plugin so i can check it out?
Is it really that hard to link me to the plugin or wherever you found it? I just need to experiment in my own time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom