Plot-Holes in movies that take away from the experience.

Lid

L
Spider-Man 2
Why does Doctor Octopus feel so compelled to throw a car at him only lead to the location of Spider-Man? Sure Peter is Spider-Man but he didn't know that.

Ocean's 11
When they send up the dummy bags that they put in the van and have flyers for hookers in them, where did the flyers and bags come from? The only people in the vault are Clooney, Damon and Wu. Clooney and Damon didn't bring the flyers with them, and Yu was by himself in the box. For the bags it is shown they only get the bags when the SWAT teams arive, so how did they get 6 bags down there?

Best answers
Well Spider man 2 was because he wasnt Doc Oc.. the claws took over his mind and he was pure evil and I dont really think the claws cared.

As for Oceans 11, I know the answer but have to double check by watching it again.

Lid

L
As displayed on IRC I don't agree with your Doc Ock reasoning, and let's just ignore it because it will start a massive flamewar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think it takes away from any experience of the movie at all

that scene is cool and there for adds to movie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Payback:
There's a point in the movie where some guys rig up Mel Gibson's phone to explode when he picks it up. They wait outside in a car and call it when he arrives at his room. Somehow Mel Gibson gets under the car unnoticed and slices the fuel line. He then drops a cigarette in the fuel leak and makes the car explode.. It'd be a bit tought to get under that car without anyone noticing, let alone get out from under it, and allow the fuel to leak several feet behind car before dropping the cigarette. That part always pissed me off.

Lid

L
Hibiki said:
i dont think it takes away from any experience of the movie at all

that scene is cool and there for adds to movie
my mind is more of the variety that watches movies logically and gets distracted by illogic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished watching Dreamcatcher on HBO. Most book-based films are pretty decent, but I was incredibly disappointed with this one.

It was a total abomination... failed to possess what its predecessor did... it has definitely been labelled a typical aversion.

The film's patchy success clings onto the excellent screen presence of Thomas Jane.

A Must NOT See Film of the 21st Century.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate it when people watch the matrix movies and go, "I finally get it now" and give some convoluted explanation that is completely off the mark.

What really bugged me about spider man 2 was that he needed those arms to contain the reaction. What was he planning to do, have fleets of people using the arms at power plants?

More importantly...I don't see how an inanimate piece of machinery can have the ability to take over the mind of the person it's plugged into, WITHOUT the prior programming to do so. It's farfetched enough WITH that particular aspect, but lacking it just killed it for me a little.

Best answers
i hate when people screw up small details in movies. i love pulp fiction but at one part, sam jackson is pointing a colt .45 at a guys face and says "and mr. 9mm here is the shepard...." im always like, oh man they could at least ask somebody what caliber it is.... and some people say that colt made a 9mm version of the 1911, well they did, but that barrell looks miiiiiighty big for 9mm... i mean it didnt ruin the movie for me, but they coulda done something about that. also in fight movies, the fights are really choppy. like the kung fu guys fight in a really chopped up "hit, pause, hit, pause, hit,pause. but ehh i like em anyways.

Best answers
More importantly...I don't see how an inanimate piece of machinery can have the ability to take over the mind of the person it's plugged into, WITHOUT the prior programming to do so.
Apparently the AI that was programmed into the arms had to be extremly advanced for it to be able to plug into the human brain and then be controlled, so the AI was advanced enough to be able to take over, and learn, and all that stuff. Its the same crap they feed you in the movies where they make a super advanced robot that has AI that learns and starts killing people and takes over the planet. I don't think they really cared so they gave us that same old explanation that just barely works.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Signs: Aliens invent space ships and travel across light years in order to invade a planet covered 2/3 in what, to them, is basically deadly acid.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Lid, and Majin Krillin. Plot holes, and stupid scenes, can kill an entire movie for me.

During "The Sixth Sense" the camera is on Bruce Willis, a bit, but what about ALL the times where the camera isn't around. ALL the time that Bruce goes through in a day, wouldn't he notice atleast once that the people aren't talking to him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another big aggravation was Independence Day. "A computer virus...good thing the aliens used a Linux-based OS! Haha, I KNEW it--even ALIENS forwarded the half-life port!!"

Best answers
Matrix 3, the original Oracle is dead, so instead of just going on with a different actress and acting like nothing ever happened. Nope, they invent this bull**** of reason why the Oracle looks differently. Was I the only one that noticed that as soon as the second Matrix came out, that you hardly ever saw anyone like extras in the matrix except for the main actors?

It was like the matrix became devoid of all other humans so Neo and Smith could have there uber fight scenes. I swear the only thing lacking at the end of the final fight scene between Neo and Smith was a beam struggle. I swore I was going to see two Kamehameha’s come crashing into each other when they were in the air.

Best answers
What really bugged me about spider man 2 was that he needed those arms to contain the reaction. What was he planning to do, have fleets of people using the arms at power plants?
Doc Ock said the reaction was capable of creating infinite thermal energy if I remember, so no need for mass production of the arms. All they'd need to do is do the experiment perfectly once, and voila.

KyoKusanagi

K
Fatmanterror - those kung fu movies are the old early to mid 80s ones and the reason why they go hit, pause, hit, pause is because of the particular fighting style they use.

Northern Style Kung Fu isn't anywhere near as flowing as say Southern Style or some of the animal based styles so the flow of the hits will be very much stop and start.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Best answers
no its because they are choriographed(sp?) and all fights that look like that are. in a real fight, if you paused after every hit, you would get ur butt whooped. they just look better these days because the video tech. allows them to speed it up without making it look stupid

KyoKusanagi

K
hmm maybe just bad actors\stunt doubles doing the fight scenes. i've seen heaps of these movies and the differences between a good and bad movie fight is obvious but to most people, its unnoticable.

Best answers
yeah, im just nit-picking. i own like every gordon liu movie, and every guy in every movie, who is not gordon liu, goes punch/block......kick/block..... and its not horrible, they are still good scenes, but i just noticed if u watch UFC, nobody does that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom