playing demos recorded in-game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've just found out you can record the game, in-game and have just tried to open it but i havent got a programme compatable. Can anyone tell one that i can open it with? thanks for any replys in advance

Best answers
Playing a demo is extremely easy ingame. Just go to console and type playdemo demonamehere and it will play for you. No its not possible to play the demo outside of halflife since only thing a demo is is information recorded ingame to tell where things where happening. Almost the exact same information you recevie when playing a game online, just a dupilication.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, the only reason i wanted to know was because i wanted to send a copy to my mate who hasnt got halflife, so i can try and convince him to get it but i suppose that wont work :S

Best answers
no valkyrie alpha is wrong!!!it's possivble if you go to the website i gave you you'll read all about how making a video about halflife. you can use your demo to make screens of it and with those screens you can make a movie!!!!it's very easy and you can watch it outside halflife with a program on the tutoprial, you do need halflife for it but it is easier then saying playdemo in console!!!just read the tutorial and you can send your friend a video of halflife/esf!!!you could also just send the video of esf!!!:p

Best answers
Originally posted by -=[SSJS]=-P.A.T
no valkyrie alpha is wrong!!!it's possivble if you go to the website i gave you you'll read all about how making a video about halflife. you can use your demo to make screens of it and with those screens you can make a movie!!!!it's very easy and you can watch it outside halflife with a program on the tutoprial, you do need halflife for it but it is easier then saying playdemo in console!!!just read the tutorial and you can send your friend a video of halflife/esf!!!you could also just send the video of esf!!!:p
He asked how to play a demo, not make movies. It is impossible to play a demo outside of halflife. Yes it is possible to use a command in hl to transfer the frames into bmps which then can be compiled up together to make a movie. Your talking to a guy who made videos of the beta for the release. :p

Best answers
yeah ok.. you're right with that, but i thought you're post would be experienced wrong, cuz he is in the position to let his friend see some stuff of halflife, he just needs to make a film out of it!btw how did you do those cool different views with the movie??and hwo did you cut out the hud???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom